Mattie
I lost my dog Max to heart failure on Friday the 13th. I didn't know what to do with him.I wasn't strong en to bury him in the ground. While my neice was digging I got a phone call from an old friend. He offered to pay for a cremation. I was relieved. I brought him home last night in a beautiful copper Round urn with paws on top. I am so grateful to have him with me. I miss the sound of his tags jingling.Th That beautiful face♡
Quote 0 0
Ell99
oh mattie what a beautiful reminder of your max. thinking of you. that was lovely of your friend to do that for you.
Quote 0 0
camunki
Mattie so sorry for the passing of your Max....and what a great thoughtful kind idea for your friend pay for your baby's cremation.

I had my Munki cremated and have her ashes, which  i hold and kiss every day, she transitioned back on 12/3. I even put her ashes in a necklace that i wear almost every day and spread some ashes in a plant.

Glad you have your Max close to you now...

Cam

Quote 0 0
Eddiesmom
What a wonderful friend.  I'm sorry for your loss.
Sue E
Quote 0 0
jimmy17
Mattie, I`m so sorry for your loss of Max, and how kind of your friend to pay for the cremation.  In a strange way, it feels so right to have them back home - I have my dogs ashes next to me all the time, even though we miss being able to see them and stroke them.   I hope you find some comfort from having him close to you.

Hugs, Jackie
J Taylor
Quote 0 0
et61
I had my Sweetie cremated April 8th and my husband had to pick up the ashes for me. I still can't bring myself to accept them. I'm so lost without my Sweetie.
Quote 0 0
winstonsmom12
Mattie  I am very sorry for your loss.  What a great friend you have.  I had my Winston cremated when he passed.  he is on my night table next to my bed with his collar, toys, paw print and bone.  I kiss him goodnight every night.  My other dog max is on a shelf in my co,puter room along with his paw print, cards, and a sweet letter my grandson wrote to him when he was 5.

I am so glad they are here with me.  Blessings and healing to you   Sue
Susan
Quote 0 0
LUCYLULU
Mattie~ I am so sorry about your Max. What a wonderful gift your friend gave to you. I was too fogged to even think about cremation. I don't have my Lucy's ashes so I look @ her pictures-- when I can. Some days are still harder than other days. But that you have Max with you in the round copper urn-- it's huge. I hope you talk to Max & get signs that he is with you. It's a wicked hard time. We all understand. Hugs, Kasey
Quote 0 0
Teesabell
Mattie,

So sorry for your loss!  I lost my dog Cookie to CHF on May 6.  Devastating disease that I don't wish on any animal or person.  Praying it gets easier for you!  You are so blessed to have such an awesome friend step up to help you out with Max and to provide you such a loving memory of your baby. I picked up Cookie's ashes on the 13th.  It did bring some comfort knowing she is at home.  I made a little shrine with her clothes, stuffed bear, snow boots, collar/tags, and her paw inspired urn.  I hope you continue to read the posts on this site as it is very helpful to read you are not alone and there are many of us here to help you through this horrible time!
Terri
Quote 0 0