Karensmith
We are getting a new puppy this weekend. I’m partially excited but also nervous. I’m nervous about starting from scratch with a puppy after loosing my 9.7 year old dog in June. I’m scared to get attached again because the grief has been tough. I still cry about my boy who we lost so suddenly and unexpectedly. After my boy died my husband put all his things in a bin stored in the garage because they were too hard to look at. We planted a tree and have a memorial rock engraved under it. I just went out to get some food bowls from the bin and just the sight of all these things brought me to intense grief. I can talk about him with out crying remembering the funny stories but sometimes it just hits me so hard and I burst into tears. I’ve vacillated been wanting a dog to not wanting a dog because of the pain and frankly work involved raising a puppy. However, ready or not in a couple days we will have a new puppy. My husband really needs this. Pray everything goes smoothly!
Quote 0 0
Tankie12
I hope you will have a wonderful addition to your family this weekend, tomorrow!! Remembering puppy-dum is much worse the it really is. I just went through it and was ambivalent like you are. No sweat you got this😁🐾
I think I’d put your beloved pets bowls back though. Go buy new ones just for this little one. Some things you may not mind sharing but if this brings tears don’t use them. I will never use my girls collar or leash for another but her living room bed is being used. But her bedroom bed will never be touched. Hold on to whatever is felt deep inside just for him. Enjoy❣️,,,,,
Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 0 0
Karensmith
Thank you for your kind words. I never understood how difficult loosing a beloved dog would be until it happened. I had childhood pets but this is different since I was the main caretaker.
Quote 0 0
Sil
Karensmith,

First let me say, I'm sorry for your loss.  I too lost a very special male doggie, and after a few months - hubby, kept saying that "our house was too quiet".  Just like you, I felt doubt, anxiety, and fear of getting another doggie.  But, my heart just felt "at peace" when I held Maya - female puppy.  Maya is fourteen months, and, just when I thought that the "chewing" was over.  About eighteen days ago, I rescued, Lea, a five-month-old female puppy - so, the "chewing" will continue for a few more months.  These two keep my "heart very busy".  And, I know that Sol, my very special doggie is "happy" for me, and Sol knows that he is forever secured in my heart.  

I know that you both will enjoy this precious new puppy.  
Quote 0 0
Karensmith
Thanks for the encouragement. It was a night of tossing and turning. I wish I wasn’t so anxious about this. Puppy comes home tomorrow. Hubby is making a long road trip to get this particular puppy. My teenager is excited and promises to help more but I’m not holding my breath on the help. I know she will be adorable and once we get in a routine things will get less stressful. I’m glad I’m not the only one that feels/felt this way.
Quote 0 0
Kodymom
How is it goIng? Just remember-you are not replacing your boy or loving him less. I truly believe our hearts make another spot for another puppy love. Best wishes to you
Quote 0 0
Karensmith
Thanks for the reminder. She is really sweet.
Quote 0 0
Kodymom
Glad to hear it 🙂
Maybe there is hope for me in a few months.
Quote 0 0