muzckl1
She had incurable cancer and it was starting to get worse.  Couldn't bear to let her go through anymore pain and suffer.  I prayed for a sign last night that putting her down would be the right thing to do, and when I woke up this morning she wasn't at the foot of the bed like she usually is.  I then found her in the dining room corner all hunched up in a contorted way trying to urinate...it was so sad looking.  I took that to be my sign.  So we went as a family and said goodbye.  We took her 15 year old brother with us so he could see her body after it was over, too.  She looked so peaceful, but the memory of her lying there lifeless will always be with me.  I'm going to try to remember instead the first time I ever saw her...back when she was just a little kitten with the oversized paws and extra toes...a little ball of fluff so full of life!  

Oh, my Nessie!  I will always miss you!  May you run and jump 3 feet in the air to grab the kitty toy on the string the way you used to so long ago!  I will see you again when I get to Heaven!  Please look for my other kitties who are already there, Sugar and Sasha!  They are welcoming you now, along with your mama cat and your daddy cat and any of your littermates who have gone before! Your earthly family loves you so much, and hopes you know that we did what we had to do so that you wouldn't suffer!  Until we meet again, my little fluffy gnome!!!   
Quote 0 0
Meghanm
I am so sorry you had to go through this today. Your story brought tears to my eyes. It sounds like she was in a lot of pain and did not enjoy the quality of life she once could. I am sure that your other cats have welcomed her into their family up in heaven and that they are all together now. I am a firm believer in this. Please know I am thinking of you today.
Meghan

"If the people we love are stolen from us, the way to have them live on is to never stop loving them. Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever." ~ The Crow

"We don't "get over" our losses and just move on, we learn to live differently."
~ http://www.angelbluemist.com/frames/guilt.html
Quote 0 0
TxGuy

I am so sorry to hear of your loss of Nessie. It is never an easy decision to make, but you did such a loving and selfless act by setting Nessie free from pain and suffering. I will keep you in my prayers and hope you will come back to his site where people truly understand the pain you are feeling. Frank

Quote 0 0
tikibarb
Thank you for having the courage to let Nessie go so she can run free and be in good health at the Bridge.  You saved her from certain pain and suffering and the humiliation that goes along with an incurable disease.  I know your heart is breaking right now and you may feel like you will never be whole again.  I can tell you that time will reduce the pain and in time your tears will slowly be replaced with bittersweet memories that you will smile about.  It is the memories that we choose to keep in the forefront of our mids that ties us to them until we meet again when it is our time to go.  You did the right think in releasing Nessie.  She is probably at the gates with Ted and all the other babies watching over us right now. 
Barbara Lyngarkos
My Beloved Ted 8/7/2005 - 7/7/10
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/TED001/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0
donnalee

I'm so sorry for your loss of Nessie.  Cancer is just so horrible.   Even though you know you did the right, kind, loving thing, I know it still hurts and we miss them so much.   We do tend to remember the picture in our mind of the lifeless body.  But, thank goodness, the REAL Nessie---is her beautiful soul and that is what lives on.    She is in very good hands now until you see her again....

Quote 0 0
judylinn
You did such a very loving thing for Nessie, that took alot of courage. I had to do that for Maddie too.
I'm so sorry for your loss....she is pain free now, and absolutely thanking you for loving her enough to release her from suffering. my love and prayers are with you.  Judy
Quote 0 0
finchgangsmom

I am so very sorry for your loss. My heart is with you!!!

Finch Gangs Mom (Loren)
Quote 0 0
DaisyBellesMom
I am so sorry for your loss.  I lost my Daisy Belle to cancer less than 2 weeks ago, and my heart is broken too.  We are all in this together.  God bless.

~Kate
Quote 0 0