tcalger87
I took my beloved Border Collie/Ger Shep. mix G to the Vet 3 weeks ago. It was a relief to find that with medication (Deramaxx) that she could be helped. She is nearly 15 and her blood work, kidney's, eyes, etc. are excellent. She has arthritic knees. Yesterday she could not stand and I had to lift her. I phoned the vet & was able to get more Demaraxx and made an appt. for Monday morning.

Of course I love G with all my heart and she does not seem to be suffering. She's aging and I suppose I am in denial, but I just need to know that I am not alone.429099_4403105561526_1883827752_n (3).jpg
G
Quote 0 0
Shepherd01
You are SO far from alone... I come to this forum because I lost my precious Border Collie a week ago, and somehow reading what other people are going through helps me understand my own pain, and eases it just a little.

I know the decision you're facing. It's the worst one in the world. Don't beat yourself up. Nurse your dog and bond all you can.
If it's just mobility issues then *maybe* there can be a little more help... We used a "help em up" harness this past year, along with "power paws" socks - great on wooden floors! You will know when your dog has had enough though.
And until then treasure every moment :-) xx
Quote 0 0
tcalger87
Thanks so much....I'm still grateful that G is here....no matter what I will always take care of her. We are a team. I have a 13 yr old Black short hair cat Roxanne, so that does help. G is special, as are all dogs. Your words comfort the sore spot and I hope to be able to just let my emotions flow here. I will keep you posted. Obviously the love of our dogs far transcends what we can say, but I have read some wonderful, beautiful things from the people. The next few days are going to be tough. Thank you so much!
G
Quote 0 0
Shepherd01
You are so welcome. We are all in the same boat here... The pain is unbearable - but at the same time we must bare it because animals give us SO much in return :-)
I wish you and G all the best on the rest of your journey.
Quote 0 0
Katel
I am thinking of you with the journey with your precious G you are making now.  This is the place for you to let your emotions flow as we all understand and are close to you.  The main thing is you
so clearly love G with all your heart and will always do the best for her.   Just keep loving her, that's all she asks and you will know what to do.
Blessings and hugs
Kate.

Quote 0 0