imissfred
I had to have my 2 yr old wire haired pointer Fred put to sleep yesterday after 3 weeks of struggling with megaesophagus and I am devastated. The house is so empty without and my other dog Harvey is so miserable. I can't believe how desperately sad I am feeling right now :(
Quote 0 0
Woodypatty
I am so sorry for your loss of Fred. When they leave us so young it just doesn't seem fair or even real. My girl was only 4 and I know the feeling of shock that wears on you. My other dogs mourned Ravens passing as Harvey will morn the loss of Fred. It may be days or weeks before Harvey feels better, At least that has been my experience. The first weeks are so painful. My heart goes out to you. I hope coming here will help you as it has me. These pages were my sanity those first horrible weeks. You will be in my thoughts.                                                                               Patty
Quote 0 0
chipperboy
Oh, no! I am so very, very sorry! And so young.

I understand what you mean when you say you can't believe how sad you are feeling. I was very surprised at how hard I took my dog's death. I never dreamed it would be as difficult as it was.

We are here for you. When you can, tell us more about Fred.

Take care.
Chipper's Mom

Momma's Chipper Boy (9/19/95 - 1/30/11) My heart, my love, my buddy! I miss you and love you so, so much! I can't wait to see you at the bridge! Love, Mommy

Lady "Ladybugs" (8/2/03 - 6/5/17) My sweet girl. Thanks for the walks, playtime, sock collection, boo boo kisses and love you gave all of us. We will miss you dearly! Until we meet again...we love you!
Quote 0 0
imissfred
Thank you! It does help to talk with people who really understand. Some people just don't get it, they think 'it's just a dog!' but he was so much more than that. My partner just came through and said "I'm going to miss lying in bed and listening to him grumbling in his sleep!" we would lie there laughing as he was such a verbal dog and especially when he was dreaming, he used to grumble and groan, especially if he was woken up and was clearly unhappy about it!

We have another dog who is amazing and I love him very much but Fred was quite an exceptional little fella. He had the most amazing nature and was even happy when he had to go the vets, he loved people more than anything in the world and was always desperate to give everyone a big beardy wet kiss, especially kids in push chairs as they were a perfect height for kissing which was always very embarrassing!

I'm going to miss him soooooo much,
Quote 0 0
creampuff

What a precious face your Fred has!  It's so easy to see how much he was loved and how his wonderful personality absolutely filled your heart with joy.  I know this because your house seems empty now and that's how so many of us feel when our fur babies are suddenly gone.  The pain of their loss will ease in time, but we always will have little holes in our hearts that can never be filled.  We have to believe that we will see them again someday.  I wish you comfort and peace in these sad days.  I care.  Jane

Quote 0 0
judylinn

I am so so sorry about Fred. How sweet he looks. the grief is so bad at the beginning, and so hard when he was so young. Let yourself cry out the pain and grief, and know that there are wonderful people here to help you through this very difficult time. my thoughts and prayers are with you tonight. Judy

Quote 0 0