melodyc10

I just came home from the veterinarian having had to have my Frank, orange tiger cat euthanized. He had cancer that had affected his renal system.  I had one more special moment with him this morning when I cuddled him up next to me and in his weak condition put his paw over my arm and layed his head on my arm and went to sleep.  Most all the other times he just lay with with his head hung low.  He stopped eating and drinking yesterday.  I had hoped he would die on his own terms-go to sleep and die peacefully, but then on top of barely being able to get across the room without laying down to catch his breath, his nose became congested and he couldn't breath out of it.  He was a cat that had FIV (feline immun. virus-Cat aids).  He was only five years old and in his hay day was 24 lbs.  He wasn't expected to have a long life due to the FIV and had just gotten over an upper respiratory infection remedied by two rounds of antibiotics.  I am very comfortable with the decision to have him euthanized.  He was at peace and I felt a relief for that.  I will miss him deeply.  He was a gentle, loving, cuddly boy. 

Quote 0 0
TxGuy

Sending prayers of comfort your way. I know the pain you are feeling at the moment. I am so happy you found this message board. We understand your pain and are here for you.

Quote 0 0
judylinn
Im so sorry about Frank. There is so much pain when we lose them, and they are sick. You did the most beautiful act of love, to release him from his suffering. Bless you for that.
On my maddie girl page near the beginning, there is a beautiful poem about releasing our pets, if you can...maybe read it...I didnt post it here, in case you arent ready, but it is so beautiful.
My prayers are with you in this hurting time, and we will be here for you.  Judy
Quote 0 0
Trouble

I am so sorry Melody. At least Frank is out of pain and doing what he likes to do easily. I know the emptiness you are feeling....but I agree with Judy you did the right thing.

Quote 0 0
TootiesGuardian
Melodyc10,

I'm so sorry about your beloved Frank.  I know having to euthanize is so devastating.  I've been there.  I know how heartbreaking it is.  Frank was lucky to have you to save him from his suffering.  My heart goes out to you, Melodyc10.

Sincerely,

Sherry
Tootie ~ Sep. 1, 2000 - Sep. 4, 2010
Shine on you beautiful diamond!
Blueboy ~ Feb. 14, 1989 - Dec. 31, 1993
Always in my heart!
Quote 0 0
melodyc10

Thank you so much for the kind words and comfort.  It is so appreciated.  I miss my Frank, but I do know he is in a good place.  I also want to extend my sympathies to you if you have also lost an animal friend.  This place is indeed a place for solace. 

Quote 0 0
TootiesGuardian
Melodyc10,

Thanks.  Yes, I lost my girl Tootie in early September.  It's been a chore to try to comes to terms with it, as it was so unexpected.  We are lucky to have many kind, caring and loving people here that understand our pain and greif and to help us get through this process.  I'm wishing you peace and healing, Melodyc10.

Sherry
Tootie ~ Sep. 1, 2000 - Sep. 4, 2010
Shine on you beautiful diamond!
Blueboy ~ Feb. 14, 1989 - Dec. 31, 1993
Always in my heart!
Quote 0 0