Monroegirl
Monroe, it's been four weeks since you had to go. Today has been hard. I love and miss you so much. The days have gotten easier and the crushing weight on my head and chest that would happen as the sun went down each day has eased. Not today, though. It was a Friday night when you left, and my body and soul is feeling that so deeply right now. I don't know how to even be anymore without you, my girl. We were together nearly half of my life. I know that you wouldn't want your momma to be sad, but it hurts so badly without you here. I miss your beautiful gray fur and your bushy tail was so cute! Your gorgeous green eyes....even your little old lady scratchy meow (we both know it was once dainty and sweet, but it happens to the best of us.) I miss you dancing in circles for your num-nums and getting so excited in the morning for your food and stealing your sister's, too! Mornings are so boring now, that I just kind of lay there and lazily gaze at my phone for a time; Cora and Prim are never as excited for their morning meal as you. I'll try to be strong strong baby girl, but nothing will ever make me stop loving and missing you. Love you. 

Love, Momma
Andrea (Monnie's Momma) https://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/MONRO001/Resident.htm

Quote 2 0
Jimbo106
I'm sorry today is one of the days that the grief hits. I would cruise along fine for awhile and then a "first" would hit me. First Father's Day, "gotcha day", birthday, etc..  That's what brought me here tonight, another milestone, and I know my GF does not want to listen. 🙂  I'll be better again, at least until Father's Day.
Jim and the girls
Quote 0 0
Monroegirl
This forum is great for getting it out without driving those around you crazy. Helps so much to have others who get it.
Quote 0 0
Molly4always

Today is 4 months since I lost my kitty.  I’ll never go through the 9th of any month without thinking of her.  I still ache and want to wrap my arms around her.  She was gone so fast that it didn’t seem real and still doesn’t sometimes.  

I’m sorry for your loss of Monroe.  What a beautiful cat!  All their silly and cute ways are forever imprinted on our hearts.  There’s not a room in my house where there’s not a memory.  I can tell how much you loved Monroe. I hope knowing that she loved you will give you comfort.

Quote 0 0
Monroegirl
@Molly4always, Thank you and I'm so sorry for the loss of your baby. I did love her so much, as you loved your girl. They are such a gift. Take care. 
Quote 0 0
Monroegirl
My girl,
           Today marks two whole months without you and I sure do feel it . The day started and I did all the things, but the evening wore on me and the sadness crept in. I sat on the kitchen floor with your ashes on my lap; that was the first time that I could do that. How I wish I could snuggle you  again. I miss your sweet trill that you would use for mommy. It was your, "Oh hey! It's you!" greeting. I would love to hear that again so badly, Monroe. You were such a sweet girl. I hope that you might visit me in a dream soon. I love you forever. 

Quote 0 0