Teesabell
Cookie,

It was four weeks ago today at this time that you went over the Rainbow Bridge.  I miss you and think about you constantly!  I pray that you can now walk, eat whatever you want, and having a blast up there. 

It is so hard to accept that you are gone!  My whole life and schedule was wrapped around you and taking care of you!  I still continue to look at the clock and go to feed you, walk you, bathe you, cuddle you, play with you, talk to you, pet you, etc.  It is continuous and when I get up to go to you, I only then remember you are gone and the pain starts all over again.  Daddy and Sissy miss you too!  We are constantly talking about you and reminiscing.  I have been watching videos of you so I can hear you snort, attempt to bark, and watch you play and love us!  You were very special and we will never forget you!

I still can't help but feel guilty that I gave up on you too soon even though you let me know it was time!  I can't help but think I could have bought a little extra time, but it would have been at your expense!

Mommy loves you Cookie Bear!  My wookie wookie wookie girl!

Terri
Quote 0 0
winstonsmom12
Teesabel Please accept my condolences on your Cookie.  Your post echo's my feelings exactly about mt Winston.  I also carry the "guilt trip".  But I think about it a lot.  Did I let you go too soon?  I weigh the facts everyday, and I'm coming to realize that I did the right thing for Winston.  I was in denial.  I can only pray I spared him any more suffering than was necessary.  Again I am so sorry.  Blessings  Sue
Susan
Quote 0 0
camunki
so sorry for the loss of your Cookie.....and yes, i too am grieving, now going on 6 long months and the tears won't stop.....I try to "talk" to my Munki who passed on 12/3/15 and i have so many precious memories of her, pictures everywhere, fur clippings, paw print, her ashes, her sludgy blanket that i still haven't washed that i
still cuddle up to each nite...it keeps the memory alive.

Keep thinking how your Cookie ...walking, eating and having a blast at the Bridge....thoughts like this do bring a smile to my face.

Cam

Quote 0 0
CKMP
Terri,

Thoughts are with you today.
Cookie will always be there with you.
Quote 0 0
Teesabell
CKMP wrote:
Terri,

Thoughts are with you today.
Cookie will always be there with you.

CKMP,

You are in my thoughts as well!  Bad day for both of us!

Praying it gets easier!

T
Terri
Quote 0 0
Teesabell
camunki wrote:
so sorry for the loss of your Cookie.....and yes, i too am grieving, now going on 6 long months and the tears won't stop.....I try to "talk" to my Munki who passed on 12/3/15 and i have so many precious memories of her, pictures everywhere, fur clippings, paw print, her ashes, her sludgy blanket that i still haven't washed that i
still cuddle up to each nite...it keeps the memory alive.

Keep thinking how your Cookie ...walking, eating and having a blast at the Bridge....thoughts like this do bring a smile to my face.

Camunki,

Thank you for your kind words and sharing!  I too kept Cookie's blanket.  I haven't washed it and placed it in a space saver bag to preserve her scent.  I also have the last towel I bathed her in that I need to wash but haven't yet.  I catch myself sniffing that too!  It does bring a sense of relief and does keep her memory alive!

Wishing and praying it gets better for you and the loss of Munki!

Thank you for being there for me!

T
Terri
Quote 0 0
Teesabell
winstonsmom12 wrote:
Teesabel Please accept my condolences on your Cookie.  Your post echo's my feelings exactly about mt Winston.  I also carry the "guilt trip".  But I think about it a lot.  Did I let you go too soon?  I weigh the facts everyday, and I'm coming to realize that I did the right thing for Winston.  I was in denial.  I can only pray I spared him any more suffering than was necessary.  Again I am so sorry.  Blessings  Sue

Winstonsmom12,

I can always count on you and CKMP to be there for me!  Guilt is a tricky thing!  My 17 yo daughter has been helping me cope as well with it!  Thank you again for your kind words.  Praying for you!

T
Terri
Quote 0 0