Morriash
It has officially been four months since I said goodbye to my beautiful baby girl. Growing up together was such a blessing. Sometimes in life I think we forget how lucky we are to share in such unconditional love with our fur family.

Patches was my rock, my best friend, my confident, and most importantly my family. Choosing to say goodbye to her has been the hardest decision I have ever made. Looking into those sweet eyes and kissing her soft head, while knowing it would be the last time, still haunts me to this day. I will forever miss her and will forever wonder if I could have done more or done better.

For the first couple of weeks after I let Patches go, I would reflect on all of the signs I missed, all of the things I should have done differently, and how much I wish I could turn back the clock. As time has gone on, I have slowly stopped searching for the mistakes and instead have allowed myself to just whole heartedly miss her. Some days the grief isn't as intense. Days like today, I feel the full weight of her absence and I pray to God that she is aware of how much I love and miss her, and how much I wish she was still with me today.

To Patches,

Your mom loves you and misses you so much. This world is a little less bright without you in it. I hope you are happy, healthy, and safe up in heaven and that you are aware of how loved you are. 18.5 years was not long enough sweet girl. I hope to see you one day in my future when it is my time to leave this world. I look forward to burying my head in your fur, you always smelt like home, and kissing your sweet soft head. I love you sweet girl, and I miss you more than words can describe.

With love, your mom.

"This life will be good, and beautiful but not without heartbreak. In death comes peace, but pain is the cost of living. Like love, it is how we know we are alive."

Quote 1 0
P_Mom
What a beautiful message to your beautiful Patches. 💞 It truly is so hard without our beloved companions who make our lives so much better.  My boy is Patch, a pup, also white with tan markings. It sounds like Patches was well loved in a most wonderful home which truly is most important of all. 
Jennifer
Quote 1 0