Forum

Author   Comment  
dalmatian

Reply with quote  #1 

Had to take Forrest to the ER tonight.  He has congestive heart failure. His time Is coming to an end.  The meds will help for a short while, but not for long.  He has been with me for over 14 years.  He Is still a beautiful black chow.  He's here now as I type this.  The tears fall and I CAN'T STOP THEM.  I've had him since the day he was born.  I'm loosing one of the best friends I've ever had.  Time, and It's power is taking It's toll tonight.  He stays by me for I'm his Mom & til death -do-us-part I will always do what I can for him.  My blessings to all that have passed and that are Ill. May the hurt turn some-day to joy.----Marty

dalmatian

Reply with quote  #2 

Took Forrest to his regular doc. this morning.  He's doing better than he was last night. He can breath on his own & he was hungry. :-)  Time will rob me of him soon. For now I just stay close and make him comfortable.  Knowing when he has to go and dealing with It Is so hard. Yes, I have several animals but loosing one Is never easy. I hate the word TIME for again I have my back up against It. You can't beat It,nor can you join It. And we have to deal with the after-math of time. I hurt today as so many of you do.  I will do for Forrest as I have so many In the past. Let him go!! He can't live the way he Is and I can't live knowing I can do something about It.  May all of us be able to wipe our tears away some day. Marty

nalasmom

Reply with quote  #3 

I am sorry to hear Forrest is not well.  As you have said our time is limited and while we know the inevitable will come, it is never easy to prepare or come to accept the reality.  My heart goes out to you.  I lived daily with the fear of losing my dog for nearly 3 years after her cancer diagnosis.  I grieve her loss daily and still come to this site for relief.  I hope we can help you through the transition.  Best wishes, we're here for you.

dalmatian

Reply with quote  #4 

Thank you for your kind words for they were needed.  The meds made a world of difference. He wanted to play today & that was great and he Is eating well.  I'm selfish at times, like all of us, I just don't want to give In and let go!!  The day will come and I will do the right thing for him. I was there at the beginning of his life and will be there at the end. Bless all that hurt ------Marty/dalmatian

Susie_Squillions

Reply with quote  #5 
Dear Marty,

You and Forrest are in my thoughts and prayers.  May you have as much time as possible together.

In 1988 my cat, Bingo, was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy and CHF, and his prognosis wasn't good.  The vet told me that it was time to make a decision.  I made one alright.  I took one look at Bing, and he as much as told me that he didn't want to go anywhere yet, so I said we would try the treatment.  The vet told me that we might get several more months together if all went well.  Bingo responded so well to his treatment, it amazed everyone involved in his care.  We had 5 years of bonus time with each other.  Miracles do happen, and I pray you and Forrest will see many of them before he is called away to the Rainbow Bridge.  Whenn his time does come, I pray you will find the comfort you will need.  Until then, love him the best you can, whisper every word of love and gratitude that your heart holds, and take pictures.  You will be so glad you have them one day.

"Memories of loved ones are like songs in our soul." Margaret Wakeley

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/TJ006/Resident.htm

BUDDY GUY AYRES~LYNCH'S RESIDENCY:
http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Buddy128/resident.HTM

KING BING THE GOD CAT'S RESIDENCY:
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BINGO009/Resident.htm

In one of the stars, I shall be living.
In one of them, I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night.
~ The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Susie_Squillions

Reply with quote  #6 
Hi again, Marty

One thing just occurred to me.  I don't know if it might help you through this difficult and bittersweet time, but I hope it will.

Mark the time you have left in dog years instead of human months or years.  Then you will have an idea of how successful Forrest's treatment is. 

When we lost T.J. last week, I got to thinking about the fact that his last few months were really equal to about a year or maybe more in human terms, and that's not so bad considering his aggressive tumor.  It made me feel better to know that in his last cat year, when his condition was deteriorating so badly, he knew how well he was loved, and he knew that he could depend on me to help him with anything.  He was a happy boy, purring right up until he took his last breath,mddcs and that brings me great comfort.  We should all be so fortunate.

I hope that helps.  Please give Forrest some ear scratches and tummy tickles for me.

"Memories of loved ones are like songs in our soul." Margaret Wakeley

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/TJ006/Resident.htm

BUDDY GUY AYRES~LYNCH'S RESIDENCY:
http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Buddy128/resident.HTM

KING BING THE GOD CAT'S RESIDENCY:
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BINGO009/Resident.htm

In one of the stars, I shall be living.
In one of them, I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night.
~ The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery
CharleeJLZ

Reply with quote  #7 
Hi, Im new here but really wanted to write a note to say my thoughts are with you and I am so pleased to hear that he wants to play and eat! I have to say I do love that tablets can give us that extra time with our animals, i had that with one of my cats, he had cancer and decreased very rapidly but a high dose of steriods meant i had 1 week with him where he played and i enjoyed every single night wed curl up in bed... dont feel selfish for any thought, you have a strong bond of love with Forrest and i think its fantastic he clearly has a lovely owner. keep chatting i find that always helps and although im new im here anytime for a natter. hugs for you and back rubs for your furbaby! xx
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.