ricemanstm
I...I uhmm...I can't quite bring myself to say good bye and let go of Delenn.  I can't even talk about her without tears welling up and coming out.  I kiss her her urn every night and say a prayer for her...and I hold her prints against my chest before I go to sleep.

She's got a new life now and I don't want to hold her back.  I want her to come home as often as she can whenever she wants...but I just don't want to let go.  I miss her so much.  I really didn't realize what an integral day to day part of my life she was.  I come home and there was ...I wake up...there she was...take a nap...there she was...

I supposed I need to let go at some point.  Spiritually I know she's with us and she'll always be a part of my heart and soul.  But I really do feel like I've lost a child.  Coming up on 3 weeks and it just seems so surreal...
Stephen "Riceman" Myers
"The greatest tribute one can give a loved one is to share their life and stories with others."

Quote 0 0
Rusty
Hi. It's only been 4 days since my best friend left me. I feel your pain. I don't think I've even accepted the fact that my sweet Dixie is truly gone forever. While I've continued on with my life, there's no way I'm ready to move on. Neither are you. There's nothing wrong with that. There is no timetable for that. Three weeks is nothing. Do what comforts you. Continue to keep her close to your heart. You are not alone with these deep feelings of love you are experiencing even though she's gone. May we all find peace.
Quote 0 0
et61
I'm with you about saying goodbye. I still haven't. A week ago today I got the dreaded call from my vet that my Sweetie (my FAVORITE of all 15 animals) passed away. I would have spent anything I could to save him but it didn't work. I spent last weekend in bed crying. No food for 4 days. My husband picked up his ashes Monday and I still have not seen them as I don't want to say goodbye. Today was a horrible day remembering that I lost my baby, friend forever. I don't want to let him go either. I'm in so much pain and denial that he's really gone. My heart breaks and I know how you feel. I have no children so my pets ARE my children. I always thought Sweetie would be with me and die of old age (not a sickness). It hurts, I know. I agree - there is no timetable in grieving the loss of any pet.
Quote 0 0
Baumert81
Im 46 days in and im still lost. The pain is bearable but it is still there especially during quiet moments. It does get better though. MY buddy was Velcro. He was never a foot from me no matter where I went. Hang in there.
Hogans Daddy
Quote 0 0
ricemanstm
Thank you everyone...

It means a lot...
Stephen "Riceman" Myers
"The greatest tribute one can give a loved one is to share their life and stories with others."

Quote 0 0
Irongrl
It has been six days since we lost Shadow.  It is the first nice day of spring.  I feel resentful that the sun is shining and it's a beautiful day when I don't have my amazing dog.
Quote 0 0
Irongrl
It has been six days since we lost Shadow.  It is the first nice day of spring.  I feel resentful that the sun is shining and it's a beautiful day when I don't have my amazing dog.
Quote 0 0
camunki
three weeks is still fresh, new and raw, and I am sure your heart aches everyday, and will for a long time.

With Delenn, yes she is still with you, on a new journey, waiting and watching....you never have to let go.....just try to move forward, with Delenn by your side. I am going on well over 4 months, and i still cry each day, I kiss my pets ashes everyday, kiss the fur wrapped hair that was shaved from her, everyday. I miss them. I lost Munki on 12/3 of last year and also Daizy on 1/2/15 of last year, and I just miss them so much.

Cam

Quote 0 0
ricemanstm
I found one of her claws in the rug near the cup she used to drink out of.  I hadn't cleaned off her brush from the last time I brushed her.  I've saved these things and keep them with her prints.

Thank you for your words everyone.
Stephen "Riceman" Myers

Quote 0 0