ahartofilis
Cats feel the loss of a companion and grieve as well. 

2_7_15-Cat-Mourns-Dog-Friend-439x590.jpg 
The picture above is of a cat next to the statue of his beloved friend, a pitbull, that had recently passed. The owners had a statue of the dog made in his memory with his collar on it. The cat is showing his love and affection for his buddy. I just thought it was precious and wanted to share.........Sincerely, Andrea
Quote 0 0
JaspersMom
Andrea, that picture is just so sweet, and really does show how very much our dear pets do feel the hurt and the loss of their companions, and how they grieve for them just as we do. My cat Jingles was so very sad after we lost our Jasper, and in the following weeks, he would often wander around the house looking for him, sometimes even calling for him with such a mournful meow, which so broke my heart. He used to sit and stare at the front door also, perhaps waiting for his best friend to come back through.

Jingles needed me so much, and I really did try to be there for him, and although I was in the deepest throes of my grief, I did my best to give him extra love and I must say, caring for him helped me more than anything else to make it through. We helped each other, and held onto each other through the sadness of our very painful and unexpected loss. I really don't know what I would have done without him.

Whenever I leave for work now, I always make sure to give him extra hugs, and I tell him how much he means to me, because you just never know, and tomorrow is not promised to anyone. Thank you so much for sharing this precious picture Andrea, you can really see and feel the deep love this kitty has for his beloved friend. They hurt just like us, they grieve just like us, and most important of all, they love just like us.
Pamela Lynne Crawford
Quote 0 0
ahartofilis
Jaspers Mom, I know what you mean when you are grieving yet must be of comfort to the ones still with us. I think it must have helped you a lot to have Jingles still with you. Its good that he gets that extra love now! I feel the same way in that I have 2 Siamese brothers which I adopted about 2 years ago. Quite honestly, they didn't form a very close bond with Coco as it was difficult for them to really accept one another. Coco did eventually calm down around them and there was a sort of truce in the air with her and the cats.
My two little cats became a great comfort to me with Coco's passing. Even though Coco will always and forever hold that special place in my heart!
I look at life in a different way with them now, it could be gone, at any moment, as you also mentioned. So I give them a lot of love and extra cuddles as they are deserving of it as well! We learn a lot through the passing of our special furbabies.
I am sure that you feel the same way about Jingles now! We just have to love them! They feel, they love, they grieve, as the picture shows and how your dear Jingles was about Jasper!! take care........................Sincerely, Andrea, Coco's Momma
Quote 0 0
animal_qwackers
What a wonderful post, Andrea. It is true that pets grieve the loss of their furry companions. I recall when I lost my beautiful black cat, Ebony. She was only 4 and died as the result of a road traffic accident. My wonderful Gonzo was her best buddy. They were together all the time, eating, sleeping, and causing mischief paw in paw. They were definitely fur partners in crime. When Ebony died, Gonzo would search for her, crying, mooching around, unable to eat properly for days. He was her constant companion and her death hit him hard. I was grieving for her, but noticed the change in Gonzo, which lasted many weeks. In that time I still had my gorgeous Daisy, and had bought Solly as a pup. Over time, Gonzo adapted, but I will never forget the bond he and Ebony shared. 

Thanks for posting. 

Wendy

“Death ends a life, not a relationship.” – Jack Lemmon

Solly, Gonzo, Daisy-Mae, Ebony, Jerry, Tigger, Bonnie, Suzy, Cleo, Spike, Sooty, and Tibby – dazzling lights that will never fade. Adored, cherished, I was privileged to know you all. Until we meet again, my beautiful babies. Bowls of love and cuddles, your ever-loving, devoted Mummy xxxxxxxxxx

Quote 0 0
ahartofilis
Thanks for sharing Wendy. How sad that Ebony had her years so cut short. I know that Gonzo adapted in time thanks to the love and attention of you and Daisy and even pup Solly!    Peace to you today.......Sincerely, Andrea, Coco's Momma.
Quote 0 0