catmomTG
I'd give anything for one more day with my sweet baby Gidget. She lived with us for 16 years and was probably a couple years old when we got her. Sweetest cat I've ever met in my life. In October she got an abscess in her paw and started to get some hard skin growths. Surgery closed the abscess once but it reopened, and since then we've been changing her dressing every 3 days. In April, when she seemed to be in too much pain to tolerate the dressing changes, we took her to the vet to consider removing the leg, because she was otherwise herself- eating and talking to me every time I came in the room, loving me, and even still jumping up on by bed to sleep with me, using her 3 good legs. On the day of surgery, she was so severely anemic and the vet discovered the lesions were starting in her paw on the other leg, as well as in her lungs. We made the difficult decision that day to let her pass on to the Rainbow Bridge. That was yesterday. I wish I had just one more day to hold her, let her kiss my nose, and hear her talk to me. I treasure all the digital video and photos that I do have of her. She was absolutely my best friend. I knew she was sick, but I can't believe I actually made the decision to let her pass on. I had asked God to take that decision away from me and let her go naturally, but I know she would have continued to struggle. Looking back maybe I would have taken her home and loved on her a little bit longer, but I also know she was in a lot of pain. It was all for her. I can't wait to see her again. I've been sitting at home crying all night and day. Thank you for this forum, it makes me feel better just to write this all down.

Quote 0 0
Beaglemomma
I am so sorry to hear about your loss.  Please know you are not alone.  Everyone here is hurting at some level.  It does help to talk to others who really understand how you are feeling.  You can tell us how you are feeling and no one here will judge you no matter how you feel.

This takes time to work through and no matter the circumstances we ALL seem to find a way to place guilt on ourselves.  You gave her the greatest gift of love you can give to free her from her pain.

Sending you hugs and wishing you peace soon.
janice
Quote 0 0
et61
I agree with you. I'd give anything for one more day with my cat, Sweetie. Only 6 years was not enough time for me at all. He jumped in my car and I drove home with him and that's how it started. I was never a cat person until Sweetie but he was special. He was healthy up until the first of April and on April 8th when I was going to the vets office to bring him home with medication, I got the dreadful call that my Sweetie passed away. I stayed in bed all weekend and did not eat for 4 days. I still can't bring myself to get his ashes or look at his pictures. It breaks my heart. I miss him so much and the last few days of his life he spent sick in a cage in the vets office. I wish I could have brought him home and made him better. I prayed to God to heal him but His answer was no for some reason. I know you made the right decision as hard as it is. I've done that all too often. We can't be selfish because we want them a little longer when they are suffering. I look forward to the day when I see all the animals that were in my life. I'm glad you found this forum as well and hope that it helps in some small way to find healing.
Quote 0 0
winstonsmom12
Catmom  Don't feel guilty about your decision.  Gidget lived a happy, long life because of you.  If you had not made the decision, I'm sure she would have suffered more.  We all would like just one more day with our babies to love them, spoil and talk to them.  Sometimes the Lord has other plans for them.  Gidget sounded like a real trooper till the end.

You will smile and be happy  as time goes on.  You did the right thing for her.  This forum is the best thing I have found to express my grief with all the others who have been there.  God Bless   Sue

Susan
Quote 0 0
catmomTG
Thank you everyone. I am still in shock that she is not here with me. Thank you for listening
Quote 0 0