quirks
as i sit here and read the posts old and new, im astounded by several things. firstly the support we all give and recieve......many ,if not all of us, have shared how this site is a real life line. for me this is so very true...... some days it has been all that helped me keep my head above water. what an amazing network of new friends i have. even in yr own grief, shock and personal horror, u have held me up and i am very humbled grateful and touched by this.
i dont know how many of u read my poem for remy, but let me just say that my life has been one of abuse violence and shame, and my little remy was my healing and loving angel......and now im so devastated without him, but each of u has given me real faith in humanity... thanku thanku thanku.
im astounded by the openess and honesty of u all...... yr willingness to open up and express without reserve yr hurt pain and sadness..... and its awesome to follow the growth and healing as it gives me hope.
everyone here is a special breed of person...to love to feel and to grieve so deeply for yr furbabies, and to then take in another is testament to that. to each of u i send love light and healing. and i hope yr journey today is a little easier than yesterday and that u all feel the love from australia coming yr way. thank u all for being here for me. i no longer feel alone. xoxo 
Those people who dislike cats, will be mice in their next life.......
Remy...entered my life 4th April 2010......left for the Bridge 9th August 2010.
loved, missed and cherished.
Quote 0 0
always_tuffy
Friend Quirks,

You have stated it so eloquently and so truthfully.  You and I visit often and keep up with eachother.  Your first post is burned in my heart and mind.  Your pain for the loss of sweet Remy screamed from the page.

But you reached out and we all responded.  Just like with my first post, I had replies and comfort immediately.  You are so right saying this is an amazing network of friends.  We all come here after losing the "one thing we believed we could not live without."  This is the one place that when friends here respond, "I understand.  I know how you feel", they really do.  It's not lip service.  It is heartfelt and true.

I know what you have posted will serve to encourage new ones to return and let us listen.  It will remind old ones their input is still needed.

It is a tribute to dear Remy, that, although your life has been anything but easy, his love was able to bring you love, comfort and friendship in what can be a cruel, cruel world.

It is a tribute to ALL companions, past, present and future.  It shows how their presence can help with healing of all kinds.  That is why we show honour to them with our grief. We know we can never repay what they've given us, but we can go on.  We can love again, for they have paved the way. 

To all friends at the Bridge I send you thanks and love.

We miss you with every beat of our hearts.

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal;
Love leaves a memory no one can steal.

Tuffy, My Puppy Love
June 20, 2005-July 26, 2010

Becky Leigh, Queen of my Heart
December 2010-November 10, 2015
Quote 0 0
TootiesGuardian
Erika,

I think you have gotten in my head and read my mind.  I am of the same feelings as you about this site.  I am amazed at the generosity from so many loving and caring people.  I wouldn't be coping so strongly as I am if it weren't for you and all the other special people that have taken their time to comfort me.  I couldn't ask for truer more special friends as I've found here.  Dare I say, I love you guys. 

Also any shame that you've felt from your past is not worth your time.  I had a horrible childhood as well.  If you look up dysfunctional in the dictionary you would likely see a picture of my family.  I came from a very abusive family, in many ways.  Then it came to me from a different source, not blood kin, but close to a blood kin of mine.  It is a long road of recovery. 

I guess that's why I've always associated with animals better, especially cats.  They are not out to hurt, abuse or belittle.  They are only interested in loving us.

I've never been "around" so many loving people in my life.  It is a much needed breath of fresh air in my life, without a doubt.

I so hope your today is better than your yesterday and that your tomorrow is even better.  Sending love to you, Erika, from Texas!

xoxo,

Sherry
Tootie ~ Sep. 1, 2000 - Sep. 4, 2010
Shine on you beautiful diamond!
Blueboy ~ Feb. 14, 1989 - Dec. 31, 1993
Always in my heart!
Quote 0 0
quirks
regina, u r so dear to me and i believe remy had his paw in our connection..... some ppl have a way of making u feel as if u have çome home'. and this is how it feels with u. thanx for everything u have done in making me feel less hopeless and alone...u r truly an angel.
love and hugs to u. xoxo erika
Quote 0 0
jen2010

absolutely feel exactly the same way Erika   , sometimes its hard to  open up to family and friends as you dont want them to feel your pain  , its so helpful knowing that the people genuinely  care about what your going through  and in time we pass our knowledge and experiences on to others

Quote 0 0
donnalee
Dear Erika,
What an uplifting post, but for me, the best line was your last......when you said that you no longer feel alone.  You are so right, you are not alone.  We are all right here with you, no matter what the distance.  We are all so connected in this common bond we share.
I am constantly shocked to hear what some of you have endured in your lifetime.  I am so, so truly sorry you had to suffer like that....it really enrages me to even think that one human can treat another that way.  Regina is right when she calls it a cruel, cruel world.  There's no other way to put it. As I'm sure you know, there are others who come here who have had similar bad experiences during their life.  I can certainly understand how a furbaby could bring healing through their pure innocence and unconditional devotion and love.....more so, than anything else.   Then, to lose that furbaby would be such a huge loss.  I guess after that, you have to take the next step.  Thank you for sending love, light, and healing to all of us.   You are so special and so deserving of love and all good things in your life.  I pray that all comes your way.  Love to you all.
Quote 0 0
quirks
sherry, i knew we shared some common ground......not thru anything u have said but i just seemed to feel it...... under 'toxic' in the dictionary is MY family portrait......
therein is our connection, and i know that u get it and i feel good about that...... now i know yr from texas im reading that post with a texan twang.....u guys have the best accents. seriously.
im glad im getting to know u. and yeah i love u guys too!!!! thanx sherry for being as sweet and kind as u r and for getting so much about me. thank god for cyberspace is all i can say,
love to u....erika xoxo 
Quote 0 0
TootiesGuardian
Erika,

Bless your sweet heart!  It makes my heart hurt and my stomach quiver to know you've been hurt too.  You are so right.  Even through cyberspace you can feel it.  I can feel it from people.  I can sense it from their actions.  I guess we know what we see when we see it because we've been there.

I'm so glad I'm getting to know you too!  You're an angel whether you know it or not.  If you didn't, well, you do now!

Love to you, dear lady!

Sherry
Always in my heart!
Quote 0 0
judylinn

well quirks. you and I have the same background. the scars were so deep for me, that I could never trust and love another human being...at all!!! Then I got Maddie...after a life of being alone and shutting people out. She opened my heart for the very first time, she was the first real family that I experienced, which makes the loss soooo huge.

Quote 0 0
TootiesGuardian
Erika,

Hi mate!  I had logged off but I kept thinking about your last post to me.  It's so wild that you mentioned before that you were from Australia.  Earlier this evening I was watching, "The Man From Snowy River" again.  I love that movie!  I mentioned to my husband how much I would love to see Australia.  I love the way you Aussies talk!  It reminds me in a way of Texas or Southern talk.  A cousin of mine went to Australia in high school and she absolutely loved it.  She was surprised though that Aussies liked fried eggs and grated carrots on their sandwiches.  She had a blast in Australia.  I wish I could see the land down under.  I know it's beautiful.

Anyway, my husband said that Australia was the number one horse country.  I said what?!  More so than Texas?!  He said yes.  Where I live in Texas it is considered the cutting horse capital of the world.  But he said that a lot of owners of cutting horses will hire Aussies (if they're available) to ride their horses to keep them fit, because Aussies are such expert horsemen.  Pretty cool!

xoxo,

Sherry
Always in my heart!
Quote 0 0
TootiesGuardian
Donnalee,

You are so sweet and so pure of heart! You're another angel here, without a doubt.  Thank you for the sweet comfort you've given me.

xoxo,

Sherry
Always in my heart!
Quote 0 0
TootiesGuardian
Judylinn,

I think about you pretty often.  I know your Maddie was so dear to you and I had a feeling I knew why.  I never would want to make you think about why, but I could sense it.  Maddie was your Angel from Heaven.  I'm so glad she came to you!

You and Donnalee are like "sentries" to me.  I can't find the right word to use here.  But what I mean is you two are right there immediately to console and comfort people, and thankfully me too, in their time of grief.  I think about you both every day.  Thank you for being there for me.

xoxo,

Sherry
Always in my heart!
Quote 0 0