Pootiepaws
I wanted to start this page and add to it as I remember my cat's quirks.  If anyone would like to add theirs as well,  please do.
I love all animals.  My cats growing up,  along with my goldfish.  I've even had pet rats and ferrets.
Some things I remember about Pootie Paws,  She would jump and walk on top of me on the weekends to get me out of bed.  Ran into closets each time I opened one and would dart behind the hanging clothes.  Running into the cabinets under the sinks if I opened one. Jumping on the bathroom counter as I was getting ready for work,  wanting me to brush her hair along with mine.  Hunkering down in a bathtub and waited for me to crouch down and peek my head up so she could take a swing at me.  
Quote 0 0
Bigcatsdad
One of the others on this forum also suggested remembering and writing about the quirks and funny things our lost pets do can help. She mentioned that this was done in one of the pet loss group chats and that was how they ended each session in a positive way.

Albert, my big black cat loved ham, I've never seen a cat in my life that loved ham like him. He could be sound asleep on our bed upstairs and as soon as I pulled a cooked ham off the bbq and stepped in the house he would be right at my feet looking up with his big gold eyes and meow. I swear his meow sounded like "haaaaaaaam". We always used to laugh about this and called him "The big ham cat". Ham was higher in salt but I would always give him a few pieces and he just loved it. He did this every time.
The only thing now is every time I bbq a ham its going to bring a tear to my eye that my big"ham cat" is not there anymore.
Bigcatsdad
Quote 0 0
Pootiepaws
I didn't know someone else did this,  I am new to this,  so I apologize.  
My pootie paws loved ham as well,  even cold-cuts.  She would often climb over my knees and shove her face into what I was eating.  Although she was diabetic,  I only fed her small portions of these treats.  And when I would return from work (she had a few teeth pulled in her later years do to gum reabsorption which is common in elderly cats.  She would literally scream for her treats.  
Quote 0 0
Bigcatsdad
No apologies necessary, we are all new at this kind of grief and trying things with positive thoughts is a good thing.
Albert really liked fresh ham, he wasn't really interested in cold cuts but fresh ham or even ham sausage he would go crazy for. He also really liked his breakfast and supper. He would let you know right away if you were a little late with either. He would also let you know if his crunchies got a little low in his bowl or the water glass was almost empty as well, he was not shy about expressing how he felt.
Bigcatsdad
Quote 0 0
JulieF
Patch (my 19-year-old Tuxedo cat) LOVED seafood - especially fresh crab meat.  We live in Maryland so we have plenty of the best fresh crab.  When I opened a tub of fresh crab to make crabcakes or soup, he could smell it from anywhere in the house.  He would come running and sit and stare at me with his beautiful green eyes and cry and cry until I gave up and gave him some.  When my boyfriend would get hardshell crabs to eat, Patch would sit and beg for some.  Chuck would actually pull some out and give Patch some.  I am smiling now when I think about it - even though it was only yesterday I had to make the heartbreaking decision to put him down.  He was my "boy".
Quote 0 0
Cassies_mom1
My sweet Cassie loved to flip the lid on cardboard boxes.  She would sit and do it for 30-40minitues at a time.  I used to just laugh at her.  She also liked to drink water out of the running faucet of the sinks.  I used to be amazed at how much she could drink. I sure miss her and all the little crazy things she did. 
Beatrice Eaton
Quote 0 0
JulieF
Ok so I am going to get ready to start my day.  Thanks to all of you who have responded to me with words of love and support.  Cassie sounded like such a ham, just like Albert and pootie paws.  Bless each of you today.   
Quote 0 0