animal_qwackers
Darling Solly, light of my life. Five months have passed since we had to say an exceptionally heartbreaking farewell.

I feel as if I am living in a paradox ... five months gone, and yet, since I lost you, there are times when it seems like a mere five minutes. The pain is still heavy, my darling boy, hanging around me like a depressing black shroud. I am sure you have been keeping up with what is going on in my world without the physicality of you. I am moving on. This house, which is no longer a home, is devoid of life, has no soul. Despite having two cats whom I love dearly, there is no you. There is no Gonzo, and there is no Daisy. It's time, my beautiful boy. Time to tread in fresh fields and pastures new. But, of course, Solly, you will be eternally in my heart and forever by my side. The picture below sums it up.

FOREVER.jpg 
There is never a day goes by that I don't think about you. An unforgettable faithful best friend. Loyal, devoted, true. You are always in my head in one way or another. I could never forget such a wonder as you. I will never forget. You will be with me until I gasp my last breath. You will be waiting for me ... you and all those other delightful furangels who have gone on before. A reunion of unadulterated pure joy.

FOREVER_1.jpg 

CAL_FEB.jpg Time may pass, but memories never fade. You are enveloped in my heart and soul. You always will be. You were, are, and always will be, my canine soul mate. Together, we still walk. As friends and soul mates, we still blend. You knew how to wrap yourself around my heart, Solly, buried yourself deep inside and there you will stay.

TRIBUTE_23.jpg 
The tears I cry, and the ache I feel, is testament to how much you are loved, Solly. Living without you is more than I can bear at times. It staggers me how much I miss you. Your physical presence was a gift from God and I thank you for choosing me to spend your life with. How lucky I was the day you chose me. How fortunate to be unconditionally loved by such a fabulous, breathtakingly handsome German Shepherd with an abundance of wonderful traits, and a character and charm second to none! 

TRIBUTE_5.jpg 

Photo-0004.jpg 
Solly, you brought such joy into my life. You enriched my world. There will never be another like you; to me you are the perfect dog. You are a true gent, such a marvellous four-legged friend and companion. I will cherish and treasure you for the rest of my days.

TRIBUTE_11.jpg   

My wondrous furangel, wait for me and boy, we will have such fun when we are together again. I long to look into those adorable brown eyes and hug you, my big bear. Look after Gonzo, Daisy and my other felines whom you never met on this earthly plane. Run free with your new friends at the Bridge and give them all a snuggle and kiss from me. My own dog star, I love and miss you so.

GSD.jpg 

Solomon (solly) 
17th June 2003-22nd September 2014. Light of my life, a true canine gent. Loved, missed, and yearned for every waking hour. My wondrous, darling boy. The pleasure was all mine! xxxxx

“Death ends a life, not a relationship.” – Jack Lemmon

Solly, Gonzo, Daisy-Mae, Ebony, Jerry, Tigger, Bonnie, Suzy, Cleo, Spike, Sooty, and Tibby – dazzling lights that will never fade. Adored, cherished, I was privileged to know you all. Until we meet again, my beautiful babies. Bowls of love and cuddles, your ever-loving, devoted Mummy xxxxxxxxxx

Quote 0 0
Beesmom123
Wendy
What a stunning tribute to your wondrous Solly!
Wherever you go, he along with your other fur angels will be right by your side
Love such as you all shared never dies

Take care and best wishes on the move
Diana
Bee- "Good night sweet prince & flights of angels see thee to thy rest"
Quote 0 0
loft2111
Beautiful tribute for a beautiful Solly.
Quote 0 0
animal_qwackers
My heartfelt thanks to you, Diana, and Ann for taking the time to comment on my post in tribute to my wonderful boy. I sincerely appreciate your feedback on this day. You are right, Diana, love such as my fur angels and I shared never dies.

Thank you both so much.

Wendy

“Death ends a life, not a relationship.” – Jack Lemmon

Solly, Gonzo, Daisy-Mae, Ebony, Jerry, Tigger, Bonnie, Suzy, Cleo, Spike, Sooty, and Tibby – dazzling lights that will never fade. Adored, cherished, I was privileged to know you all. Until we meet again, my beautiful babies. Bowls of love and cuddles, your ever-loving, devoted Mummy xxxxxxxxxx

Quote 0 0
MurphysMom_0831
In loving memory of you, beautiful Solly, on your 5-month
anniversary at the Rainbow Bridge

Heavenly Jack Flash (please click to enter the database)

Solly, your story has touched the lives of
many here who have grown to love
you and wish you nothing but joy as
you play with our furangels. Run free
and have fun, darling boy!

Many hugs to your Mummy who
loves and misses you so.

"Sometimes there is a dog who is so special, he is able to wrap himself so completely around your heart it is impossible to tell where you begin and he ends."  For My Beloved Murphy, 08/31/2004 - 06/18/2014

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/MURPH121/Resident.htm

http://s327.photobucket.com/user/kathrynbrown1626/library/?sort=6&page=1
Quote 0 0
JaspersMom
Wendy, your tribute to Solly was absolutely beautiful and so very special. Your words and your pictures flowed together with such feeling and emotion, and encompassed so many of the precious moments you must have shared with your boy. That is so true when you write that he is enveloped in your heart and soul, he is now and forever your bright and shining little doggie star, always watching over you, always waiting for you, until you meet once again, in a kinder, gentler place, a place with no sorrow, no tears, and no goodbyes. When we love deep, we grieve deep, how very true this is, the depth of love we have for our companions is so beyond words, but you somehow managed to put into words your very special connection with your darling boy in this amazing tribute to the legacy of love he left behind. I bet he is sitting on the most beautiful rainbow right about now, so proud and so happy to know how very much he is loved, and how very much he changed your world. Hugs to you and Solly, from me and Jasper.
Pamela Lynne Crawford
Quote 0 0
jaschutz
Wendy,

That is such a touching tribute to your Solly. He is truly such a beautiful guy! He clearly has such a special place in your heart and I know that he knows that. I too struggle with the feelings of some days it feels like we just saw our babies and the next it feels like it's been years. Its such a tough feeling to deal with. I know how hard these anniversaries are and I am thinking of you and Solly today! You are such a trooper with everything you have gone through and everything that you still have to deal with. I am sending hugs your way, I know you need them. I hope that Solly is sending you his love and strength to get through these days! Thank you for your wonderful presence on this forum and for always thinking of London and I on here. Please take care of yourself!
Jamie

You can visit London's memorial at:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/LONDO001/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0
fonziesmom
What a beautiful, beautiful letter and tribute.
Hugs to you. I know how empty life can feel, despite other goodness, when our furbabies are not there.
I will love and miss you forever, My Fonzie Bear...
Quote 0 0
ahartofilis
Wendy, that was a beautiful tribute to your darling boy Solly! 
I know that he left a big presence behind and that you feel it deeply. I too can relate so well to that. Like you I have two cats that I love dearly yet when Coco was here, this house had her, energy, light, love, just her pure presence. This house is so quiet without her, even with grandchildren running around and all of the activity, I don't feel or see HER!! Its a great loss for us. I can truly appreciate that.
Solly was a real beauty and just by looking at his pictures, I know that he felt loved and cared for very much!! I will always have a soft spot for the soulful eyes of "gents" like Solly. Its almost as if they can see right into our hearts! 
They are still with us Wendy. It is in a different way yet they are there, with love and strength, to bestow upon us for another day!!.I do believe that.......................hugs and kisses to you and dear Solly...............Sincerely, Andrea
Quote 0 0
Leahbeahis
Wendy,

I'm so sorry that your heart is aching for your dear Solly. I dread each month that goes by since I lost Lucy. Yes, it does feel like an eternity and yesterday all at the same time. It's almost like part of me stopped when Lucy died, though time didn't stop and neither did life. I liked reading your poem about Solly's chewing stage. I mean no offense but it made me laugh. Our love for our babies was tested every day we had with them. I think of all the sacrifices I made in my life for Lucy's sake and now it makes me smile to think of them because she was so worth it. Isn't it strange to realize that your home, no matter how long you've lived in it, is just a shell? Loved ones and memories are what make a home. Mine seems empty and silent as well. I wish I could say something to comfort you and everyone else taking this journey. Thank you for sharing about Solly. He is such a beautiful boy. Peace to you always.
~ Leah
Quote 0 0