Forum

Author   Comment  
SharonsPie

Reply with quote  #1 
Dear Pie. We had our first snowfall last night. Usually I'd be happy to see it. And so would you. But when I woke up and saw the white stuff, all I could think is you're not here to play in it. You used to get so excited, you'd dig in it, eat it, then rub your face along the ground, and finally fall over to really roll in it. I know you were probably too lame and weak at the end to repeat this ritual, but maybe you would have been happy all the same. I miss you so much, my sweet funny Pie.

Attached Images
jpeg 20191027_091557.jpg (50.02 KB, 8 views)
jpeg sharon susanne dogs.jpg (192.45 KB, 8 views)

CK1991

Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Sharon, I’m so sorry for the loss of your beloved Pie! It’s hard when things like a first snowfall remind you of such happy times. It was so nice reading about Pie’s antics in the snow. The pictures are so adorable!
Hugs to you!
CK
SharonsPie

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks for your note Ck. It means a lot to me.
CK1991

Reply with quote  #4 
You’re very welcome Sharon! I hope you’re doing well!
CK
Gucci

Reply with quote  #5 
Sharon - Your post really resonated for me! My cat Sammi LOVED that first early winter period when it's bracingly cold but not yet dangerously so (I live in central Canada, and we can expect -25 to -30 temperatures in a couple of months).
Today it's a perfect day: brilliant sun reflecting off a thin layer of white snow, not much wind, and a beautiful stillness before everyone starts moving about. It's been 6 weeks or so since we lost our special boy, and the waves of grief came over me again as I thought of how much he would have enjoyed slipping outside to revel in his senses.
We miss our companions so much, do we not? Sending my deepest sympathies for the loss of your dearest Pie. His happiness radiates from the photos you posted. 
SharonsPie

Reply with quote  #6 
Thank you Gucci
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.