Forum

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 3      1   2   3   Next
neesy369

Reply with quote  #1 
I am beyond sad. I had to have Sammy cross over 3 months ago and yesterday had to send my sweet little princess Mimi to go be with my Sammy. I was supposed to take her to the vet yesterday for her regular check and shots, but for the past 3 days before that, she was not eating and acting strangely I got her in on Friday. The news was bad. She had kidney disease and the Dr wanted to admit her in the hospital for a couple days to get her counts down. I went home and a couple hours later I called to ask if I could come see her. They said and that Dr Godgrey wanted to speak with me. Then I heard the word cancer in her liver and my world came crashing down. She was gine a week ago, playing and earing and being her cute little self. I dont understand how this happened. I'm not even over grieving for my Sammy and now I am grieving for my Mimi as well. She would have turned seven on Monday. My poor little sweei girl didn't get to live out her life. I feel like God has played a sick joke on me. I am so angry and hurt that God would take two of my favorite fur babies from me within 3 months. I am devasted!
Mybeautifulboy

Reply with quote  #2 
Neesy369, I am so very sorry that you are having to go through this terrible pain again. It is hard to understand why these things happen. Maybe God wanted Sammy to have a friend with him at the Rainbow Bridge.

You are in my thoughts. RIP sweet Sammy and Mimi.

Mendy
neesy369

Reply with quote  #3 
Thank you Mybeautifulboy, I hope my Sammy is watching over her. She was such a tiny little girl, and timid towards everyone but me. She trusted me. I told her I would always take care of her and never let anything happen to her, and I could not keep my promise to her. She was just supposed to go for her check up. I thought maybe she was smacked up or had a tummy virus. Never in a million years would I have thought that they would tell me she had kidney disease and especially cancer. It just came out of nowhere. Now she cant even be here to comfort me in my pain of losing Sammy. It's so unfair!
GJ

Reply with quote  #4 
I feel sorry neesy. I have also lost two cats in a row. And more in the past. I feel exactly the way you do. Like some supernatural force is conspiring against me. I imagined a way different life. My visions of my future plans always had my kitties in them. Now everything is ruined. I am tired of these ups and downs. I was planning to build a house. Now who will play in that house, who will run about and go crazy destroying my stuff? I know now that this is what living truly feels like. And I don't like it.
Mybeautifulboy

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by neesy369
Thank you Mybeautifulboy, I hope my Sammy is watching over her. She was such a tiny little girl, and timid towards everyone but me. She trusted me. I told her I would always take care of her and never let anything happen to her, and I could not keep my promise to her. She was just supposed to go for her check up. I thought maybe she was smacked up or had a tummy virus. Never in a million years would I have thought that they would tell me she had kidney disease and especially cancer. It just came out of nowhere. Now she cant even be here to comfort me in my pain of losing Sammy. It's so unfair!

You are right it does seem so unfair. I sometimes wonder if I have pampered my pets too much. My neighbors have four or five dogs who have lived their whole lives outside, they are out in the extreme Texas heat in the summer and our cold wet winters. The neighbor has even put a fence up so the dogs can’t even get on the back porch to get out of the elements. And yet the poor things seem to be thriving and I know that they are older dogs. I also follow several local rescue groups on Facebook and they rescue dogs who have severe medical problems and they all seem to recover. I just wonder if they build up a better immune system and they are better equipped to overcome things. I just don’t understand why these things happen.

Again,I am sorry that you are going through this. It was 4 months on Friday since Bosco died and now I watch my other dogs like a hawk, just holding my breath that something will happen to them. I just can’t imagine your pain. Please take care of yourself.

Mendy
neesy369

Reply with quote  #6 
Thank you Mendy
So sorry for your loss
Jeffrey_In_USA

Reply with quote  #7 
Very sorry to hear this, Denise. Losing one is bad enough, but to lose two babies in such a short period of time, is simply too much for one to have to go through. I'm still very upset over losing my dear Lady G. nearly 3 months ago. Her sudden death has been one of the hardest things I've had to go through in life. Just rips our hearts right out to lose them.

Praying you're able to find comfort soon. You hang in there.

Her Memorial Thread
https://forums.rainbowsbridge.com/post/in-loving-memory-of-lady-g-10037593
puppiesarepeopletoo

Reply with quote  #8 

I know this kind of pain too well right now.

I lost my 15-year-old dog, my heart, last November. Four and a half months later (last week), we lost our 6.5 month old puppy to a very rare and acute form of leukaemia! It feels unreal and nothing can really offer substantial comfort when you feel like your heart has been ripped out twice. 

I'm so sorry you're going through this. I try to remind myself that I did absolutely everything I could and loved my dogs the hardest I could. If this was going to happen no matter what, at least they got that. They live moment to moment and if the majority of those moments were brimming with love and joy, then that can at least begin to offer some comfort.

Hang in there, take it day by day and be gentle with yourself.

neesy369

Reply with quote  #9 
Thank you puppiesarepeopletoo. I will get through this in time. It is very raw right now, but you are so right. I did everything I could for them
neesy369

Reply with quote  #10 
Hi my sweet little Mimi,

Thank you so much for sending me a sign, the cardinal I saw on the fence this morning.  It meant so very much to me my sweet little angel.  I know Sammy taught you how to send me a sign because it was so soon after we said goodbye and it was in the same exact spot on the fence as when Sammy sent me his message.  I miss you both so very much.  I am so lost right now.  I try to be realistic and move on, but it is so very hard sometimes.  You were my tiny little princess and Sammy was my handsome bestest boy in mommy's world, and I cannot believe that you are both gone.  I was watching some videos of this medium who says that once you (animals) shed their fur suits, you are young and healthy again, and that you don't ever leave us, you are always with us.  I hope so badly that this is true.  I need to believe it's true, but I still miss you in your fur suits.  Again, my sweet Mimi, mommy is so sorry if your life was so short, but i hope that you were happy every minute of it.  You know how much mommy loves you, and I was always trying to make sure you were comfortable and happy, putting your bed in dish in special places and making sure your water bowl and dishes were up from the doggies, and letting you eat in my room so that no one would scare you.  I will try to think of our happy times together, and all the good sweet memories.  I miss you both with all of my heart.  I will write again soon.  Love you my sweet mini me, my sweet princess Mimi and my most handsome beautiful Sammy.  I hope you have a wonderful day today.  Please come see me any time my loves.  Love Always mommy 
Canotgrieve

Reply with quote  #11 
I know you did all you could to give Sammy and Mimi a good life. That is all we can do. I know it has been so hard losing both of your babies in such a short time. I know your heart is broken. Our Christopher was not eating so we took him to the emergency room. The doctor said he just needed fluids because he was dehydrated. We took him to his own vet and he was in the hospital for three days. Then when he came home he stopped drinking and was hiding. We took him back and he was diagnosed with cancer. We had one day to decide. So I understand the sudden loss. It is traumatic. I was in shock for days. Couldn't cry. My husband was devastated. Then the tears didn't stop. Now we try to think of happy memories. When he made us laugh. I am so sorry for your loss 💔
neesy369

Reply with quote  #12 
Thank you Cannotgrieve,

I was definitely a big shock and like you I also had one day to decide.  The only thing they could do was chemo and I was not going to do that to her.  I miss them both so much as you miss your Christopher.  I am trying to think about the good times and how lucky I was to be their mommy and have them in my life, even though poor Mimi's life was so short.  I am very sorry for your loss, and I hope each day brings you some healing knowing that your Christopher is watching over you until you meet again.

Mimi - https://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/MIMI004/Resident.htm

Sammy - https://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/SAMSA005/Resident.htm

Thank you,

Denise
neesy369

Reply with quote  #13 
Oh Mimi, my sweet precious little girl. They just called me at work and told me your ashes are ready to be picked up and the vets! It hit me so hard, out of nowhere. I was not expecting you to be ready so soon. It makes it so much more real that you are gone! I was so excited when I got the call for Sammy's ashes, and I don't know why because once I picked them up it hit me just like I am being hit by the fact your ashes are ready. I am at work and I am sitting at my desk quietly breaking down like a big baby. I can't believe this is happening. I will pick you up at lunch time and bring you home and put you next to Sammy. I don't want to be here anymore. I cannot handle anymore of this pain. I want to be with both of you. I can't even breathe right now. I love you and Sammy. Love mommy💔😿🐕
Canotgrieve

Reply with quote  #14 
My husband picked up Christopher's ashes. I could not go back to the vet. That is where we took Christopher's life. His vet told us the steroids would only give him a few weeks and he wouldn't survive chemo. He was also having a hard time breathing because the mass in his abdomen was so big. When my husband brought his ashes home I broke down. This was the final thing that made me realize my baby was gone. If you need to grieve, just let it out. This is so hard to deal with. We have Christopher ashes in front of our TV so we can always have him here with us. I still have his favorite bed out, the one he took his last breath in. We still have his perch in the window. These were his favorite things. I hope you will be able to grieve and not force yourself to hold in your feelings. I know because your at work you must be really struggling. Thinking of you and your pain. I know how much you miss and loved your precious fur babies.
neesy369

Reply with quote  #15 
Thank you Canotgrieve.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.