Gertie
It is Trick or treat night, the first without you Duncan. I thought I was doing better, I sit here in tears. I miss you so much. I have not had you visit me in my dreams. I love you, I hope you are OK.
Does this heartache ever go away.? Be happy my little man. Hug's and xx to you and Myles.

Mommy.
Quote 0 0
Mistysmama
A big hug for you from me Gertie. I know, those special days, like holidays, especially the first since they went -are very hard.

Your dear Myles will be OK, and he does still love you. One day a sweet dream will come.
I rarely dream of my Misty! But I have had so many special visits from her in other ways. I did have one or two dreams, and they were very sweet.
Myles will sense your love.
Blessings to you.
Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 0 0
NRead72
Gertie,
Im sorry i hope it gives u peace we r all here for u. Im sure he is ok n happy. He will forever be ur little man. I wish i knew if the pain dies go away im still going through it its all fresh :( id like to think they r tricker treating for bones toys and anything theu loved on the rainbow bridge. Sending hugs for u
Quote 0 0
Gertie
Thank you both for taking the time to write to me. I know we are all in the same club.
The love of a special little fur companion is something to be treasured.
I know there will be good days and bad ahead, coming here to this site helps.

Gertie
Quote 0 0
catman13
I feel how you are hurting. For me it was turning on my furnace for the first time this fall. When I first took my cat Grady in, he made his home in the basement. I once went to feed him and did not see him. I called for him and heard him before I saw him. I looked around and followed his voice. He was perched on top of the duct above the furnace. Every cold season, this was Grady's special place for 8 years until he left this world this past August. Even now, nearly 3 months after his death, I can't look at that spot without feeling sad and empty. I found some of his fur in that area and gathered it together in a tuft and placed it in a crevice in the ceiling there. When I'm in the basement and the furnace comes on, I touch that tuft of fur to feel him as if he is still there.
Rodney Lee
Quote 0 0
Snicks3107
I just lost my baby Pinky October 9th so Christmas is going to be extremely hard for me without her with me.  I have a stocking shaped like a paw print with her name on it and I would stuff it with treats and she knew that stocking was for her and she would go through it and take out what she wanted and leave the rest for later.  I will miss not buying her presents and treats but I will still put her stocking out in memory of her.  I miss her terribly.  Its been a struggle the last three weeks coping with her being gone.  
Quote 0 0
Gertie
Snicks3107 wrote:
I just lost my baby Pinky October 9th so Christmas is going to be extremely hard for me without her with me.  I have a stocking shaped like a paw print with her name on it and I would stuff it with treats and she knew that stocking was for her and she would go through it and take out what she wanted and leave the rest for later.  I will miss not buying her presents and treats but I will still put her stocking out in memory of her.  I miss her terribly.  Its been a struggle the last three weeks coping with her being gone.  
Quote 0 0
Gertie
I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet baby Pinky. I know how difficult going through this grief is. Please know you are in my thoughts. It might help to write about her and remember all the love you shared.

Thinking of you,

Duncan's & Myles Mom.
Quote 0 0
heartsick
I am so terribly sorry for the loss of your sweet Duncan.
The whole first year of "firsts" without our babies is so very difficult.
We all understand and we all care about you.
We are in this with you - you are most definitely not alone.
Please know that we are here and you can come here
and tell us anything. We have all felt it at some point in time.
My heart and thoughts are with you.

My Love to You.

Susan
Quote 0 0
Gertie
Thank you all for taking the time to write to me. Yes the love of our little companions is something to be treasured. I have read many of your stories and cried a long with you. For me I think Duncan was my once in a life time dog. He saw me through so much, health issues. He would sit beside me, seem to know how ill I was. He had many health problems for a young dog, he was so brave through all the vet visits and prodding. I know he is free of pain now but I wish I could hold him just one more time.
To all of you missing your baby, you are in my thoughts.

Gertie.
Quote 0 0
Gertie
catman13 wrote:
I feel how you are hurting. For me it was turning on my furnace for the first time this fall. When I first took my cat Grady in, he made his home in the basement. I once went to feed him and did not see him. I called for him and heard him before I saw him. I looked around and followed his voice. He was perched on top of the duct above the furnace. Every cold season, this was Grady's special place for 8 years until he left this world this past August. Even now, nearly 3 months after his death, I can't look at that spot without feeling sad and empty. I found some of his fur in that area and gathered it together in a tuft and placed it in a crevice in the ceiling there. When I'm in the basement and the furnace comes on, I touch that tuft of fur to feel him as if he is still there.
Quote 0 0
Snicks3107
Gertie wrote:
I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet baby Pinky. I know how difficult going through this grief is. Please know you are in my thoughts. It might help to write about her and remember all the love you shared.

Thinking of you,

Duncan's & Myles Mom.

Thank you.  I appreciate it.  I've started a journal that's dedicated to just her so I write in it often and it does help me feel better.  

Quote 0 0
bamalvr21670
I just had to put my 11 1/2 year old Boston Terrier named Toby to sleep last Thursday, he had pancreatic cancer.  Everywhere I look, there he is, looking up at me with those big brown eyes, there was so much love in those eyes of his.  I miss him so much it hurts, I can't eat, sleep or do much of anything because of the pain I have in my heart.  He was my best friend, my buddy, my guardian and my shadow, he was definately a Mama's boy.  I could never have children of my own, so he was my child, my only child, and his not being here anymore has left a huge hole in my life.  I have no one to take care of anymore, no one to eat with, no one to sleep with, no one to lay by my side and keep me warm.  I think about the holidays coming up, and I think how am I gonna survive without him around, especially at Christmas.  He brought so much happiness to my life, whenever I had a bad day at work, as soon as I walked in the front door, he was right there waiting for me and all my troubles seem to melt away.  When he died, I feel as though he took my heart with him, I feel empty inside, no joy, no happiness, nothing to look forward to anymore.
Quote 0 0
Gertie
You are not alone, sent you a private message.

Gertie
Quote 0 0