allisones
Last night was rough. I guess that's unsurprising since it was easily one of the worst days of my life. It was the first full night of life after Thelma. She had been in the hospital two nights ago but I was still so certain she was coming home later that day. Life lesson #2 billion: never be certain of things.

Greta, my other cat slept close by my side in the spot previously occupied by Thelma. I kept waking up b/c i thought I heard Thelma walking around in the living room. My apartment has old wood floors and Thelma was an 11 pound, robust girl (we would sometimes call her "pernil" which is Spanish for pork roast) so she would always make a sound on the floor out there. Do you think she was visiting us? Greta heard it too because she kept getting up out of bed to look out there, probably for her lost friend. 

This morning I was doing my normal routines, getting Greta all her meds, changing the litter and thinking, how is life still going on? How am I still doing all these things I did for Thelma too? I just really, truly hope that she knew at the end that i loved her so much and I hope she is with the part of me that went with her. She gave me so much for six years. I would have traded anything for six more but I suppose it was her time. I miss her so very much. 
Quote 0 0
Nikola
I'm so sorry to hear your news.
I so understand how you feel, and I just wanted to let you know that.your baby will know how much you love her ....
be there for your other baby.
cats have grief too , i had to get my girl, thru cat grief when her sister passed on. it's so, sad ...cats break your heart and its never the same again.
it's one year today since I said goodbye to my bestest friend Ocelot , she was 19.
I'm just trying to get thru this day ....
take care xxx
Quote 0 0
allisones
Thank you so much for your lovely reply. I really hope they take the love with them.
Quote 0 0
Nikola
I understand also that feeling of you "think they are coming home or are going to be ok ".
It's the worst .
I hope you and Greta are ok this night, comfort each other xxx
Quote 0 0