Tys_mommy02
Yesterday Ty and I went to the vet ( thinking he had a little summer cold) when we got there his breathing had worsened so they gave him a some oxygen...some x-rays later my worst nightmare came true..he had a huge mass in his chest...needless to say there was nothing they could do ( they told me they almost lost him during the x-rays) I tried to spend a bit of time with him and he was having such trouble breathing..I wanted to bring him home to die here but knew he would suffer..they told me that letting him go ( putting him to sleep) would be best, he was 11 and surgery was not an option the mass was too large..they said he had been sick for awhile and just hid it from me...I feel so broken and lost..I keep remembering that moment after the shot when they handed him to me and he feel asleep in my arms..did I make the right choice..was he scared..I know he is at the Bridge with his brother..but I keep expecting him to be here at home ( he loved to lay on the DVR) I miss him so much and feel so lost..I keep looking for him and expecting him to be there when I woke up this morning..I guess I just need some kind words.. Is this day almost over?? Does this get better...
Quote 0 0
tellxit2myheart
I am so so sorry love. I just lost my baby girl Mindeycat 3 days ago. and I feel the same way still. you are NOT alone here. You are NEVER alone. But YES, It will get better, BUT, you need to allow yourself TIME to grieve, and let life move on naturally. You will be amazed with how resilient the human mind, and soul is. You feel broken now, But, Ty has put something between you so you get stronger day by day. Remember the memories, and know he was loved unconditionally by you ! He is out of pain now, the young cat that you remember him by. The love will never ever end. He is still with you! In the still of your heart, call to him. He is listening. and He will heal your pain. All of my love.
Jessica<3
<3
Quote 0 0
tellxit2myheart
and yes, you made the right choice. You did not want to have him home suffering. I know home seems like the best place, but... It could have been a long, worse death. and he is thankful you made the choice to end his suffering. Do not worry. He is at the Bridge, reunited with his brother. and they are as happy as can be. They do not want to see you sad, and He will come to you in your quiet times of need.
<3
Quote 0 0
jdavis515
These babies will do everything in their power to hide their pain from us. Do they do it to protect us? Probably. I think Ty knew his outcome and tried to protect you from it as long as possible. It sounds like once the truth came out, he made it clear what he needed from you- he went into distress at the office and you made the choice he needed you to make for him. And he left this world in your arms. You did the right thing for Ty.
Quote 0 0
Tys_mommy02
Thank you for the kind words..I know that it will get better..but I keep replaying those last minutes..them giving him the shot/ I turned away and then handing him to me so he could be loved in the last moments of life...I am making a list of some of the good times/ memories we had together..I don;t want to forget... I finally visited his grave today for  a moment just to say hi...I still feel so lost but knowing you guys are here makes it a bit better...
Quote 0 0