MollysMomCC
I put my beloved Molly to sleep Friday May 3, 2013. I adopted her at age 7 and had her for 7 amazing years! I run a small local and have had to put a handful of dogs down in the past and its always been so heartbreaking but this is the first dog of my own I've ever lost. I had Molly before my husband and 2 children. For a short time it was just her and I. She was my first born child. My light, my life, my baby. She had a great life but many medical problems. Mammary cancer removed, luxating patella, attacked so bad by a stray she nearly had her head torn off and had a 7" drainage tube in her neck for a week. Yet, she was always such a trooper. Strongest little 17 pound poodle mix you've ever met. I feel lost. I still have 3 males but Molly was my princess. My heart aches. I knew it was coming because her health took a steep decline real fast lately but it still hurts. I miss her snoring under my bed each night, her barking at the bathroom door. I could go on and on. I just miss her. She was the first dog I ever owned and never imagined the bond we would share.
Quote 0 0
julieandfurbabies
I am so very sorry for the loss my dear friend. know we are all here for you

I'm Still Here

Friend, please don't mourn for me
I'm still here, though you don't see.
I'm right by your side each night and day
and within your heart I long to stay.

My body is gone but I'm always near.
I'm everything you feel, see or hear.
My spirit is free, but I'll never depart
as long as you keep me alive in your heart.

I'll never wander out of your sight-
I'm the brightest star on a summer night.
I'll never be beyond your reach-
I'm the warm moist sand when you're at the beach.

I'm the colorful leaves when fall comes around
and the pure white snow that blankets the ground.
I'm the beautiful flowers of which you're so fond,
The clear cool water in a quiet pond.

I'm the first bright blossom you'll see in the spring,
The first warm raindrop that April will bring.
I'm the first ray of light when the sun starts to shine,
and you'll see that the face in the moon is mine.

When you start thinking there's no one to love you,
you can talk to me through the Lord above you.
I'll whisper my answer through the leaves on the trees,
and you'll feel my presence in the soft summer breeze.

I'm the hot salty tears that flow when you weep
and the beautiful dreams that come while you sleep.
I'm the smile you see on a baby's face.
Just look for me, friend, I'm everyplace!

Author Unknown

Return to list of Healing and Inspirational Poetry

Trust Rating
Biz Rating
74%
petloss.com

Love Julie x
Quote 0 0
loveme3
Hi I'm so sorry about your loss. I lost my baby April 16, 2013 it is just today getting a little better. I know that the reason is because yesterday finally I felt Elvis around me and that gave me such comfort to know that I haven't totally lost him. I still miss him so much and wish things were different. Before Elvis I never knew it was possible to love and bond with a dog the way I did with him. We have to remember that our precious babies gave us a gift with their love and we did the best we could for them and loved them fully. I'm blessed to have had Elvis even though now my heart still grieves his loss. I hope you will be able to find some peace and release the pain you now feel. Take care it does get better in time. Lori
lori
Quote 0 0
MollysMomCC
Thank you so much for the kind words. I got her ashes back yesterday and feel like she's home again. But I still find myself forgetting she's gone. Earlier today I reached in the dog treat container and pulled out 4 treats then realized I only have 3 dogs. And my youngest son who is under two still looks under my bed and yells "Molly". Breaks my heart. I love my other 3 but I had Molly much longer and we had this special bond. One that I never expected.
Quote 0 0
heartsick
I am so sorry for the loss of your precious Molly.
It is so very difficult when a piece of ourselves just falls off - that
is how it feels when our little soulbabies leave us. When we are so
intertwined with them that they have become the other half of our souls we feel lost
and inconsolable.
When we lose someone we love we don't stop loving them.
LOVE NEVER DIES.
They are never far from us.
We are all here for you.
If you read the beginning of any one of our threads you will
recognize yourself.
You are in my thoughts.

Susan(heartsick)
Quote 0 0
sadieandsugar
Im so sorry for your loss of Molly, she sounds alot like my soulmate Sadie girl I had for 8 wonderful years, she and I had a very strong bond together, just like you and Molly had, I  know what you are going threw, and im sorry my prayers are with you, always, sadiesmommy  p.s. I miss Sadie sooooo much everyday.
my sweet sadie girl she was a pomeranian and she was the sweetest little girl ever, she loved every one and she loved life in general she was my child because my husband and I could never have kids of our own, so she was definately our daughter, she was thebest furkid ever in my life we were soul mates from the beginning , we adopted her when she was only 8 weeks old, she was so cute and then she turned out to be the most beautiful pomeranian ever I have ever seen in my life. she was with us for 8 wonderful years but I didnt think that was long enough she was so young when we had to put her to sleep, she had diabetes foe a few years and then her kidneys just started shutting down it was so sad it killed us when we had to say goodbye to sadie!!!!!!!
Quote 0 0
Mistysmama
I am so sorry for your loss of Molly. It is incredibly hard the first few weeks after they go, and my thoughts are with you.
I would love to see a picture of Molly if you can post one.

Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 0 0
AnnBeni
I am so sorry for your loss of Molly. She sounds like you & her shared a special bond. Just remember not even death can ever take away the love & bond you shared. My heart go out to you . I loss my special baby Beni 13 months ago and even though time has passed I will always love her and remember how special she was .
Quote 0 0
MollysMomCC
This is my sweet baby <3
Quote 0 0