roseblue1 Show full post »
MLovesRuby
Oh Emma I'm so happy for you that the two girls came to live with you!!!!  They sound soooo sweet!  They know a good mummy when they see one.  That's why they were so comfortable coming into your home and adapting so quickly!  Thanks for sharing the good news with us and please show us pictures when you can!

I'm sorry Clover gave you that scare!  What a strong little boy you have there.  I know you will spoil him and he deserves it!

Come on here any time you want Emma.....talking helps so much....so many great people on this forum....we all care about each other.

Hi Brenda!

You are so right, we have to live with this pain for a while.  Some days it seems to be okay, and then one day it will hit me like a ton of bricks.  They really do affect every part of our lives, the new normal is really hard to adjust to.  So many decisions were based on what Ruby could or could not deal with or accept in her life.  New noises or loud noises bothered her.  I caught myself turning down the tv the other day because there was a cat meowing really loudly and I didn't want it to upset Ruby....then I realized she's not here anymore and it really made me sad.  Life will continue though.  Please take care of yourself too.  I'm sorry you lost your Rosie.  Big hugs to you!
Michelle
Michelle
Quote 0 0
roseblue1
Hi Michelle.

Hope you are good...glad to hear your Mum is well... my own grandmother had dementia and when I would visit her she also never knew anything about what she had been up to that day but would then say to me ''Remember when we had the shop in 1927'' even my own mother was not born then but she knew exactly what happened that day. I bet it was a tiring day having to travel fours hours in all...I bet that is when you missed your baby Ruby after getting home...I was doing the glamourous job of washing my kitchen floor this morning and thought I saw Monty out of the corner of my eye...looked again and he was not there...the mind plays games.

I swear blind that Monty and Ruby were separated at birth...Monty would do exactly the same as Ruby look down on me and Scarlett as we were ''peasants'' many a time we could hear him calling (Maine Coons are very vocal) and I would rush to where his litter tray was and he would wait for me to open the flap door on his litter tray for him to enter...he would then enter do his business and then run out  like Usain Bolt around the house...we never knew why but how we laughed...maybe he was proud of what he done.

I know It is heart breaking that some one you love for so long just vanishes from your lives...one moment your sharing such precious moments with them and then it stops...I have never felt such loss as when he left us. Scarlett was saying yesterday that she is really missing him at the moment...Scarlett would come in from work and always say to him ''how's my sugar plum plum'' and his little face would look up at her and she would sit and give him attention and he loved it....and like you Michelle not a day goes past when I do not shed a tear...it will be six weeks tomorrow our boy left us.

How I understand that you take a short break from the forum as it is overwhelming...when you read the stories of their loved ones and you see their beautiful faces looking at you it is devastating that we lose these beautiful creatures...who never hurt you are faithful to you and in return they just want to be loved...humans can learn so much from them.

Well Michelle you take care of yourself it is always lovely to have a chat with you...you are a breath of fresh air.

Love Ellen x

Ellen Hague
Quote 0 0
MLovesRuby

Hallo Ellen!!  Oh Boy, I sure agree with you that Ruby and Monty were separated at birth!!  Sometimes in the middle of the night, Ruby would just bust out and start running from the living room to the bedroom and back...her little toenails skittering on the hard wood floor in the living room, then taking a hard left across the linoleum in the kitchen to get to the bedroom!  Oh My Gosh....it was so funny!!!!  If I was in bed it would wake me up, but I wouldn't care at all.  But if I was awake and she did it, just watching her trying to take that hard left in the kitchen was HILARIOUS!!  It was almost like a cartoon 'cause she would be running like crazy in one spot until she could get a grip!  Oh Man......those memories mean the world to me! 

When I was looking for a cat to bring into my home just after I moved in 17 years ago, my friend's cat was having kittens.  I told them if she was to have a pure black female kitty, it was going to be mine.  Well, mamma had 3 babies.  Two were tabbys - both male - and one female, pure black!  So I visited at least every three days and watched this great mamma cat with her 3 precious babies...I saw them open their eyes, and fall all over each other, and nurse and sleep.....soooo cute.  So when it was time, I brought my little baby home with me.  I knew her from the day she was born.  16 years of fun and love and happiness.  Now the house is quiet, lonely.....like the heartbeat is gone.  I have changed as well.  I don't feel the spark.....like getting up in the morning is blah....nothing to do.  I've been in relationships that didn't last, I was sad, but bounced back......I was even engaged to be married, but Ruby was the longest relationship I have ever been in.  And we loved each other every day.  My love for her grew and grew.  

I just want to hug you, Ellen!  I'm picturing you rushing to open the flap for Monty!  Oh... the life of a cat!  There will never be another like them.  It's been almost 7 weeks without my girl.  I am crying right now...remembering my Baby.  I'm thinking of getting a tattoo of her.  Years ago I got the Rolling Stones lips and tongue tattoo, and I just might get one of Ruby on my left forearm, maybe 2 - 3 inches big.  What do you think?  I like the second one.....it looks just like my girl.  I might also get her name tattooed along her tail.  I'm still thinking about it.  

Please take care of yourself too, My Friend.  You are such a lovely woman.  Please tell me more stories about King Monty and his subjects!

OXOX

Michelle

65+ Mysterious Black Cat Tattoo Ideas – Are They Good Or Evil ...[Black-Cat-Tattoos-52]Paw and Heart Shape Tattoo

Michelle
Quote 0 0
MLovesRuby
Another thing.....I haven't seen Runningman66 for a long time.  I clicked his name and it said "the specified user was deleted".  Oh Man....I sure hope he didn't leave us!  He is such a kind man.  He loved his Coco and he was really helpful to a lot of people here.  I hope he's okay.  Wish he would come back here.
Michelle
Quote 0 0
roseblue1
Hi Michelle

I for sure like the middle tattoo of the black cat and having her name put on the tail it be lovely... or even your name on her tail symbolising that you are together. I have two small tattoos on my wrist of two little butterflies representing my daughters...I had two key rings made with Monty's name on in the shape of a star and had put on...
Montymoomoo (that is what I called him)
Mummy's Boy
I love you xxx
On Scarlett's I had...
Monty
Sugar Plum Plum (as that is what she called him)
Love you xxx

Would you believe I have the Rolling Stones lips mirror up in my home...what a band... and still going.

How beautiful that you saw your baby from day one...what a story and the fact she knew her mummy from day one...what a bond you surely had together life does not get more beautiful than that.

We did not get Monty till his was five...and much of his love came in the later years...he had no choice because he had two besotted female drooling over him that he gave in in the end and reciprocated his love.

Monty could never stand the vacuum cleaner...as soon as I would open the cupboard it was in he would be gone and lie across my desk on top of my keyboard and knock every thing on the computer screen off...Monty...I would say...but he only had to look at me with his eyes and he knew he could get away with anything.

One day Monty was trying to catch a spider...he lost it...and then me and Scarlett burst out laughing as the spider was sitting on his paw all the time...such beautiful precious memories of our boy.

I had my cry early this morning  after I saw my daughter of to work I sat down on the sofa with a cup of tea and I have a bigish coffee table in the middle of my room and Monty would lie the other side of it and I always knew where he was as his little legs would be poking out...I could see them in my mind and tears started...how I miss him so much.

I agree the home is not a home without our boy...Scarlett misses him dreadfully when she comes in from work and Scarlett has said when the time is right she would love a black cat just like Ruby...what a presence they have in our homes and life.

I have been engaged three times and married twice...but my biggest love affair has been with Monty and of course we have Bertie. Marriage never really suited me...I am far to Independent for that...the best things from my marriage are my daughters.

I know getting up in the mornings are hard I found it really tough going when I first lost Monty...he would be yelling out for his food by 6am in the mornings and like the faithful servant I would get up and feed my baby...sometimes I would try and go back to bed...but he would have none of that he wanted me up with him. Do you know I have a plaque in my hallway that says  ''Dogs have masters Cats have servants...how true Michelle.

Well Michelle a big hug from me and go ahead with the tattoo...she will be with you at all times...nothing else could be better.

Like you Michelle I love hearing about you and your life and of course Ruby.

Take care my friend.

Ellen x

I have sent you an email regarding R/man.
Ellen Hague
Quote 0 0
MLovesRuby
Hallo!!

The more I think about the tattoo, the more I know I'm going to get it!  And the idea of putting my name with Ruby's is great!  I never thought of it!

Not only were Monty and Ruby separated at birth....I think you and I were separated at birth too!!!!!  I LOVE that you have the lips mirror in your home.  I have a lot of Rolling Stones stuff around my house too.  And lots of tee shirts as well.  I've collected 27 albums and CD's, studio and live versions.  To me, they are the greatest band ...and Yes....still going strong!!!

Ruby got away with everything too.  But she was such a good girl, she never went on the counter....even if there was cooked bacon on it.  And I never taught her that....she just didn't ever jump up there.  She also pooped in her pooper from day one.  I taught her to scratch in it with her little baby paws and sometimes she would go nuts scratching and kicking around in it!  She would scratch her little nails in the side of the couch, but I put tinfoil on every corner until she realized that it was bad and didn't do it anymore.  Plus, I had cat scratchers everywhere anyway, so she used those up pretty fast.  I would grow cat grass for her and all I had to do when it was ready to eat was hide it behind my back and say "Ruby, I have a surprise for you!" and she would come running and stand on her hind legs meowing for her treat.  She knew what the word "surprise" was.  She would dig into that cat grass..man, she loved it.

One time I came home with a pretty short hair cut.  I remember walking in the back door and she trotted up to greet me and stopped short!  She looked at me and looked at me and then turned around and walked away!  I guess she didn't like it very much!!  Such a little turd!

There is so much I miss about her.  Sometimes I didn't even need a tv because she kept me entertained.  She wasn't demanding either....she was my best friend that I did things with.  She helped me make the bed and cook, and sweep and mop the floor.  Well actually, she oversaw me do chores.  Just like your plaque....cats have servants!  She just allowed me to live in her home.  This is still her home....so much of it I arranged for her comfort.  Even after all these weeks, I still CANNOT believe she's gone.  I always thought she would be with me forever, but I also knew that one day we would be separated.  But I thought that Ruby was so healthy her whole life that she would live longer than 16 years.  I just wish with all my heart that she would have passed from old age....peacefully with me at home.  Why do all of these beautiful loving creatures have to get these horrible diseases in their golden years??!?!?!  So many stories on this forum of pain and suffering......I just don't get it!!

Take care of yourself, My Friend.  More stories of Monty please!!!

Love and Peace
ox
Michelle

Michelle
Quote 0 0
roseblue1
Hi Michelle my friend.

You really are a great lover of the Stones...my favourite was one of there first called ''Come On'' I think it was penned by Chuck Berry and ''I wanna be your man'' that was written by Lennon and McCartney but like i said Sympathy for the Devil is my very favourite...many thought that the Beatles and the Stones did not get on...but they were great friends.

Been out the garden late tonight feeding the foxes and the little stray boy...my they do have good appetites and the little stray he is coming up to three times a day.

Monty never climbed up on the kitchen sides as well...he was very good like that and always used his litter tray...in fact Michelle he was a sturdy boy did not have much in the way of illness through his life and though he lived well pass his breed years it was a shock when he left us as it was so quick...one moment he was there and then our lives became empty.

Scarlett and I have been talking about him tonight and saying how we miss him...especially for comfort...Scarlett said if he was here now she would give him a great big kiss on his head as she loved doing that to him...though at times you could see him looking at her and saying ''get of me woman'' LOL...he had to be in the mood and if he was you could get up to four or five kisses of him.

He had me and Scarlett worked out....Scarlett was the one that he loved to play with and seeing them together would bring tears to my eyes... and me I was the one who would do all the tickling and loving when he wanted it and of course the feeding.

When I use to make my bed I would throw the quilt up into the air and Monty would jump on the bed for the quilt to fall on top of him and he loved it...I use to say ''where's Monty'' and he would lie there for a minute and then pop his head out...how I wish we could do that again.

He would come into my room most nights but if Scarlett ever fell asleep on the sofa and looked comfortable I would not wake her and put a throw over her and Monty would stay with her all night...until around 6am and the yelling of ''I want my food'' and I obeyed.

Monty could not stand cat scratchers he knocked one over one day and it frightened the life out off him ( you are picturing that Monty was not a brave boy) so one side of my sofa became a scratching area...but now Michelle I rub my hands over that area and it brings me such comfort knowing his little paws did that...but not the sofa much good ha ha .

I still do things thinking that Monty is still her...being a house cat I still leave all the doors open in the home as Monty could go where he wanted and I would bring the shopping to the front door...where now I can open the door and go back to the car and collect it. But the thing we miss the most that really upsets us is that some nights Scarlett when she went to bed would call me and say come and lie with me for a while Mum and I would go and lie with her...and we would say is Monty here yet...and about a minute later Monty would jump up on the bed and come and lie in between us where we both would tickle him and love him and his purring was so loud...he loved it...we loved it... and they are the most precious memories of us three together

Well Michelle I hope you keep good I too love hearing about you and Ruby and life in general...it brings great comfort where our babies are concerned.

Take care my friend.

Love Ellen x
Ellen Hague
Quote 0 0
MLovesRuby

Oh Ellen....your post has me crying.  The love you and Scarlett have for Monty moves me to tears.  Ruby was like Monty....she was never sick her whole life.  She was an indoor kitty, but she still got her shots and was spayed at 10 months old.  I sometimes wonder what kind of mummy she would have been, and I regret a tiny bit that I never let her have any kittens.  It was just her and I her whole life.   

I was able to talk on the phone today with a friend about Ruby without crying.  But I'm crying now reading about Monty.  I am hugging you right now!!!  I hope you can feel it!

Ruby would follow me everywhere too.  Even if she was sleeping soundly in one of her beds and I went to the washroom, she would wake up and follow me and sit and yawn and wait until I was done.  If she was wide awake, she would do her little circles around my feet and then rub her little cheek on the corner of one wall and over the years a smudge developed.  Ruby's little face smudge is still there, I will never wash it off.  I kiss my fingers and press it on the smudge and tell her I love her and how much I miss her.  She used to LOVE playing in the bathtub!  I would have a ping pong ball in there with her and she would bat that thing and she would skitter after it, and when she was done she would sit on it so it wouldn't roll away from her.  My little chicken trying to hatch an egg!  She as such a funny little monkey!

Ellen....Monty was the luckiest boy to have come into your life.  You and Scarlett loved that boy so much.  I too would give anything in this world to have one more night with my Ruby lying next to me or on top of my head.  The sound of purring is one of the most perfect sounds in the world.  It is like the sound of pure love and contentment and I miss that soooo much.  I called her my Ruby Hat because she would lay over my head, her back feet under my nose and her front feet lay over my ears on the other side of my head and her belly right on the top of my head!  Like a warm furry purring hat!  Not every night she would sleep like that, but when she did it was a wonderful way to fall asleep!  Like cat headphones!

Hugs hugs hugs to you, My Friend!

Take care and please share more stories.....sometimes I can feel that I'm right there in your home with you!
OX
Michelle

Michelle
Quote 0 0
roseblue1
Hi Michelle.

Ruby sounds as though she was a right character and I loved the fact that she played in the bath we a ping pong ball...I was telling Scarlett who laughed and said ''isn't it a waste Mum of beautiful cats''' and I agreed as they both seemed so well shortly before they left us...heart breaking.

Monty had a thing about cardboard boxes...no matter what size he always tried to fit in them...honestly Michelle a McDonalds Big Mac Meal box he would have tried to fit into...and I would say ''sweetheart that is just not going to happen''...honestly Michelle he would love it when a parcel arrived in a form of a box he would wait until we emptied it out so he could have it. People would come in and most would say you have a cosy little home...but what is a box doing in the middle of the room...and we would explain why it was there. After about four weeks he would get fed up with the box and then return to lying on my bed or by the French doors...but then when another parcel arrived that would be his new box. You were not to move the box from where he first got in it...so Michelle we would spend weeks walking around the boxes so we did not upset him...now that is love... ha ha .

The door where his litter tray was in has his paw marks on from where he would pull the door open so he could use the tray...they will never be removed and my window sill has scratch marks on in my bedroom and they will not be removed. In the cupboard where his carrier is I kiss it every day as I know there are a few of his hairs in it from our last journey to the vets where he was going to be put to rest and they will not be removed. I have his bowl and toys in a special draw along with some of his hair I saved and his tin of biscuits I brought him for Christmas...minus the biscuits of course...he ate all of them lol. I could never live not thinking that he was not here and being a massive part of the family...and to remove any part of him from my home would just not happen it already feels empty without him...we just want his things around us.

A couple of neighbours said that they had not seen him in the window and I had to explain that he was put to rest and I found it very hard not to cry as they wanted to know why and you have to tell them...one said he was a lovely boy and the other said I always looked for him when she went into her drive...so glad others enjoyed seeing him.

Monty liked to lay on my head as well and I would hold his tail as I fell of to sleep...like Ruby not all the time. But some mornings when me and Scarlett got up she would say to me ''did you hear Monty playing in the night'' and I would say ''yes'' and me and Scarlett would lie in our rooms and listen to him playing running up and down the hallway with his fluffy balls or whatever he found on the floor...it never bothered us that he woke us up even though we had to go to work...just hearing him being so happy was worth it.

There are so many stories to tell with Monty and I will enjoy telling you them...just as I will enjoy listening about Ruby Tuesday.

Take care my friend and remember and tell me how the tattoo idea is coming along...I love my two butterflies.

Love and hugs.

Ellen x
Ellen Hague
Quote 0 0