trona90
I'm trying hard not to blame my mom... I lost my pony, Shadow to what I believe was cancer.  We had leased him to some people to ride for their daughter because I was a little too tall for him.  This was years ago.  Last year or so, they found he had some tumors and we had them removed.  The people agreed to pay for it all so long as they could keep him, they loved him.  We couldn't afford the surgery so of course we went along and let him have some more time.  I was home for Christmas break and kept asking to see him, he had moved in with the vet who had removed his tumors.  Finally, today, I demanded to have the vet's address or number.  Then I got the, "we have to talk about that."  My mom didn't have to finish, I already knew.  I feel so guilty I didn't go to see him more because it was a long drive.  I never got to say goodbye to him like I had wanted once the tumors came back.  I just want to see him so bad.  I wanted his ashes, to feel closer to him, I didn't want him to just be gone.  I can't bring myself to call her back, I'm so angry with her for not telling me.  He's been gone since the second week of December.  I can't believe I'll never see my little guy again.  I don't know why I wasn't called when they decided to put him down.  I've missed him so much, I just thought I would see him again.
Quote 0 0
smkovalinsky
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your pony.  I can see why you would be upset,  maybe your Mom simply did not know how to deal with telling you earlier?  In any case,  you must grieve and perhaps make a memorial to him,  and say goodbye now in your own way.  Terribly upsetting to have found out as you did, and my thoughts and prayers are with you.  Pet loss is always horrible,  and under complicated conditions,  even moreso.  Am so sorry for your pain.
Quote 0 0
donnalee

I'm so sorry.  I can only imagine how much that would hurt. I'm sure your Mom was trying to protect your feelings although I know that doesn't make it feel any better right now.  Shadow was so beautiful.  It's really a sad situation because I think your Mom was trying to save you from hurt but it ended up hurting you more.  I don't know what you believe but I believe with all my heart that you WILL see your little guy again someday.  He knows you loved him. Again, I'm so sorry for  what you are going through.

Quote 0 0