lettersatlarge Show full post »
BigAl
Now that is one content little man.
Quote 0 0
Chinadoll
Oh my!! what a beautiful little boy!! My little girl was 3 lbs, loved her so much. I love how they lay with their little paws along side their nose and the way they stretch out the back legs, so cute. Thanks for sharing!
Charlie
Quote 0 0
lettersatlarge
Chinadoll wrote:
Oh my!! what a beautiful little boy!! My little girl was 3 lbs, loved her so much. I love how they lay with their little paws along side their nose and the way they stretch out the back legs, so cute. Thanks for sharing!

Dante was 7 &1/2 lbs! Sounds like a lot but his frame was a little larger to begin with. I always thought he looked like a tiny stocky sailor man, like a popeye. He had a wider rib cage and a little more musculature than most chi's I'd run across.
Quote 1 0
lettersatlarge
A pic on my facebook feed. The first summer I had with my already 11 year old pup. Put a bow on him for my little sisters birthday. I miss you, Dante.
Quote 1 0
Chinadoll
How sweet is that!!! Such a beautiful boy, God bless you. Thank you for sharing this photo.
Charlie
Quote 0 0
lettersatlarge

Thanks Charlie. He was such a cutie pie and that picture makes me a little sad and a little happy at the same time. He loved my little sister. I guess that year we threw a party for her a day early (probably it was a weekend), tomorrow is her 16th and all sorts of sweet memories came flooding back of that first birthday party of hers he was there for. We got him that bow, and you can't see it, but we had a cute pink doggy "hairspray" and painted the tip of his tail bright pink, and he sat outside and happily watched all the kids playing outside. He was never one for playing like most dogs. Toys, balls, chewy things, none of that interested him. He'd sniff them and walk away. He was content as long as he was near one of his people, sleeping in his bed, on our couch, or rolling around in the grass. His needs were so simple and so pure.

He appeared to me in another dream, I believe Tuesday night. Again, it was very brief, it felt like only a moment, but he was suddenly there. Clear as day. Standing at my feet looking up at me. I didn't pet him in my dream, it felt like I just took it in. It felt like a "hello", and then he was gone. I know I stirred awake for a second before falling back asleep, and I don't know if it was in my imagination, a residual of the dream, but as I momentarily awoke I felt like I was smiling.

Quote 0 0
teenyweenybb
Great that Dante appeared in your dream. Sometimes just a "hello" from our passed pets is all we need for now. That's a great picture of him. Such a cute baby!
our love baby
Quote 0 0
Chinadoll
I believe Dante was saying 'hello', I agree with teenyweeny. I've had the same sort of thing happen to me, it was just a very brief encounter, but I was definitely happier upon waking. I know we all pray for visits, they are never frequent, but each one is cherished. I love your description of the party with Dante there, the pink tail! The memories and the love we feel in our heart will always be with us. Bless us all, and our sweet, lovely furry friends. Love your stories.
Charlie
Quote 0 0
JennC
I love that picture of Dante and his big blue bow. He looks like such a love bug. Your description of him with his toys and lack of interest and how he was just such a people doggie and had such basic humble needs brings some tear to my eyes. They remind me so much of my little guy. Thank you for sharing your story of your love for him and his love for you. Hugs.
Quote 0 0