JaspersMom
I wanted to share with you all an amazing dream I wrote about back in late April, almost three months after I had lost my dear kitty Jasper, who was and will always be my bright and shining little star, and the light of my life.

Last night I was in a kind of twilight sleep, you know when you are half awake but slowly drifting off, when all of a sudden I heard a very familiar meow, the same beautiful sound I had heard every morning when my sweet Jasper would let know it was time to start our day. Well I remember walking down a pathway, this place was quite scenic with huge shade trees all around, and the sun was glinting and sparkling off of the branches of the trees, the sky was a bright and brilliant blue, a color I could not even begin to replicate here, and I began calling out his name, Jasper, Jasper, over and over again, and I just knew in my heart that something very special was about to happen.

I kept walking and walking and calling out his name, and my heart started beating faster and faster, as I could feel him so very close to me. I reached the end of the path and noticed lovely white sparkles of light, and oh my gosh, there he was, there was my Jasper! He was not sick or hurting anymore, he was his wonderful and vibrant self once again. Our eyes met, and I could tell that he knew that his mom had finally found him. If kitties could smile, he did, with that unspoken communication between us, he didn't need to say anything, I could see the spark of joy in his eyes. I started walking faster and faster, and I was so close to him that I could almost reach out and touch him, oh how I wanted to feel that soft fur again, how I wanted to have that dear little paw of his reach out to me again, how I wanted to breathe in his scent one more time, and most of all how I wanted to pick him up and hold him in my arms once again. All this time, our eyes were locked together, he didn't take his gaze off of me, and I was not letting him out of my sight, those beautiful emerald green eyes of his, those eyes I have so missed, were looking right at me, right into my very soul, as I reached out my hand to touch him ... and then I woke up.

I have been waiting and hoping for this for so very long, and I am so grateful at this wonderful gift I have been given. He looked so good, he looked so happy, it was as though he could have been right back home with me, sitting on his favorite windowsill again, he just had that same peaceful and contented look about him. It was so real, it was him, he was there, the love and connection that we both shared was so very strong, no mere stopping of his sweet little heartbeat could ever keep us apart. I have always believed that dreams can be the window to our soul, and I have cried so many tears, and I have hurt so badly for so very long, and it just feels so good to feel this little bit of hope in my heart again, because I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that last night, our love transcended this physical realm, and we found each other once again.

When someone you love so very much has been taken from you so suddenly and so tragically, when you have had no time to tell them how very much they mean to you, when you have had no time to say goodbye, it is not only a blessing to have that one more precious moment with them, it is a miracle beyond words. I do believe with all of my heart that they can come back to us, if even for just a moment, to let us know that even though they may take a huge piece of our hearts with them when they go, they leave so much love behind, and that love could never just go away, that love is forever, and is waiting for us just on the other side of the rainbow.
Pamela Lynne Crawford
Quote 0 0
Mistysmama
This is the most beautiful and deep experience. Jasper is showing you what happens to them all, and it is wonderful you shared that with those who are in pain here.
They will always love us and know we love them, and are only a short distance away -the distance it takes our hearts to feel love for them, is all.
Bless you and Jasper.
Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 0 0
Dalidog
That was beautiful! And it was definitely Jasper comforting you and letting you know he is okay.  It made me cry with joy for you and Jasper.  Thanks for sharing your beautiful experience.  It really is comforting.  HUGS

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
JaspersMom

Mistysmama and Dalidog,

Yes it was such a beautiful and special experience, and one that I will always remember. In the early days after having lost my precious boy, I would often look around my cold and lonely home, which used to be filled with happiness and light, and I would think, where are you Jasper, how could you just not be here anymore, my heart was not just broken, it was shattered. I began reading about losing a beloved pet and one common thread I kept seeing was that often they can have trouble "getting through" when we are in our deepest throes of grief and our emotions are so very intense. I do know that seeing my dear little boy one more time meant the world to me, and I only hope it will bring a little peace and hope to someone who is filled with such despair and sadness over having to say goodbye to their dear little one. I know that you both have been blessed in knowing that your Misty and your Dali are still so close with dreams and butterflies ... how wonderful to know that our sweet babies can and do find a way to let us know they don't want us to hurt anymore, they are still right here with us in so many ways, and they can still feel the love. Hugs.
Pamela Lynne Crawford
Quote 0 0
sadieandsugar
That was so beautiful I am so glad u shared your precious dream about your baby. I am jealous I have never had a dream yet of my sweet sadie girl, oh how I long for this some day of my life. I hope she comes to me in my dreams one of these nights I go to sleep at night. Sadie was my soulmate and best friend for 8 wonderful years and I miss her so much every day of my life, she has been gone for almost 4 years on this dec 13th, I really can't believe its been this long, it still seems like yesterday that I said goodbye to her, my sweet precious girl, sadie I miss you baby girl, I hope u are well and happy sweet girl, send your mommy a sign again soon.ciclove you forever and ever,until we see each other again someday play and have fun up in doggy heaven baby girl.love you, mommy
Sadiesmommy
I send u lots of hugs and kisses Sadie girl
my sweet sadie girl she was a pomeranian and she was the sweetest little girl ever, she loved every one and she loved life in general she was my child because my husband and I could never have kids of our own, so she was definately our daughter, she was thebest furkid ever in my life we were soul mates from the beginning , we adopted her when she was only 8 weeks old, she was so cute and then she turned out to be the most beautiful pomeranian ever I have ever seen in my life. she was with us for 8 wonderful years but I didnt think that was long enough she was so young when we had to put her to sleep, she had diabetes foe a few years and then her kidneys just started shutting down it was so sad it killed us when we had to say goodbye to sadie!!!!!!!
Quote 0 0
JaspersMom
sadieandsugar,
 I am so sorry about the loss of your sweet girl Sadie girl almost four years ago, and I do believe that no matter how many years ago it is when we have to say goodbye to them, it will always feel like just yesterday. It seems as though time stops for us when they cross over to the bridge, and then the new normal begins, and as I am sure you know, without our sweet babies, nothing could ever be normal again. But we put one foot in front of the other, as you have done, as I am doing, and we keep going, all the time missing them more than words could say, but the ache in our heart never ever goes away. Your words to your precious girl are filled with such love and the special bond you both shared, she can still feel that love even now, she can feel how much you miss her, and who knows, one day she may come to you in a dream, or she may send you a butterfly, a feather, or maybe even a rainbow, but make no mistake, she knows how very much her mommy loves her, hold on tight to that love, it never goes away.
Pamela Lynne Crawford
Quote 0 0
Siennia
I am so very sorry for your loss of Jasper but I'm so happy for you to have this experience!  I'm at work reading this and I have tears in my eyes.  I know how much this means to you.  I lost my Honey 10 months ago in a tragic house fire and I have been hoping and wishing for an experience like this.  The house that this all happened is not livable and will be demolished soon so I haven't even been able to be around her favorite spots, or have any of her favorite toys.  I do have her dog collar that the fire fighters saved for me.  I hope someday to have a dream like this!
My dog did this amazing little thing, she existed, and made my whole life better for it. <3
Quote 0 0
JaspersMom
Sienna, I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of your Honey, how very hard that must have been for you to lose her so tragically, and my heart goes out to you. My dream about Jasper was so unexpected and such a comfort to me, as I had been waiting and hoping to see him again for so long. His illness took him so quickly, so being able to look into those beautiful eyes of his one more time was such a blessing, and even though I longed to pick him up and hold him close to my heart once again, this was truly my little light at the end of the tunnel. I do hope your Honey will come to you in a dream soon, but even if she doesn't, she is still so very close to you, and it does not matter that you can not be in her favorite spots or the house you shared, she can still feel your love for her, and she knows exactly where her home is, it is wherever you are ... she is always and forever with you, and she is only a heartbeat away.
Pamela Lynne Crawford
Quote 0 0