Forum

Author   Comment  

Reply with quote  #1 
Has anyone ever heard or dealt with this syndrome? My Henry was diagnosed with lung cancer that had mestasized from his pancreas. About a month after the 'bad news' ...I noticed black in 2 of his digit beds on the weightbearing(front digits)...one on each paw. Needless to say I was horrified. Looking closer I seen the black were actually masses that were quite large. One looked as if it had been bleeding. At first I assumed it was just some kind of bacterial infection but the fact that both front paws were affected made it very suspicious.
I immediately went on google and read about feline lung digit syndrome which I had never heard of in my life. I was devastated to learn that it meant the cancer had now spread to his paws. A few days later two more digits had the same thing. Took him back to his vet who declared it was indeed this horrible syndrome. At that point his prognosis was even worse timewise speaking. The vet said that if it had made it to his nailbeds then it was likly in his lymph nodes and muscles. Poor Henry. Why did this have to happen to him when in some cases it does not mestasize the vet informed me or at least not that quickly.
So I wondered if anyone was familiar with the cancer travelling to a cat's digits?
Sweet Henry passed away this week๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ’”

Attached Images
jpeg 20190103_221846.jpg (209.10 KB, 6 views)

CK1991

Reply with quote  #2 
Unfortunately I have never heard of this but it sounds awful. Henry is a very handsome cat. The picture you posted of him is beautiful and he looks like he was very contented and happy. Iโ€™m so sorry for your loss. Hugs to you!
CK

Reply with quote  #3 
CK1991

Oh thankyou so much for your kind words.
Everyone loved Henry. He was such a gentle, friendly soul. He was a brave little boy who tried so hard to keep going. I miss him more than words can say, and the pain is beyond unbearable. The longing to have him back makes it hard to breathe at times.
Thankyou again.

CK1991

Reply with quote  #4 
155, I remember feeling like I couldnโ€™t breathe. The pain really is gut wrenching. Iโ€™m so sorry!
It will get easier as time goes on. I know it doesnโ€™t seem that way now. Now you are struggling to accept this overwhelming loss. I also remember worrying that I would forgetthings about my babies (two sweet little Shih Tzus) You will always remember all the love and the gifts Henry brought into your life. He will always keep his place in your heart. Hugs!
CK

Reply with quote  #5 
I'm sorry about your 2 babies. It's not fair that our pets are with us such a short time.
I was actually thinking the other day if I would forget how Henry looked or how he acted(not counting the pictures of course). It's just so hard๐Ÿ˜”
Yesterday I went out with my son to a few stores..he's been trying to get me distracted but all I could think of was Henry. He said I was like a zombie.

But yes I know time is the great healer so have to hold onto that.
Thankyou for your words.
Hugs to you!

nosunshine36

Reply with quote  #6 
I might suggest writing down all the things you loved about Henry and keeping them altogether so that you wonโ€™t worry about ever forgetting. It will take time for healing to come. Itโ€™s important to mourn as much as you need to so that your heart can heal, but youโ€™ll never forget Henry!
My deepest sympathy
Sharon

Reply with quote  #7 
Hi Sharon, I surely will right all those things down. I know in my mind that time is the great healer but in my heart that concept is still hard to imagine.
It's been close to 3 weeks and days are a bit better but mostly despair remains.
I appreciate your words a lot.
Thankyou so very much.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.