Paulayeates28
Yesterday my heart broke and a piece of it went off to rainbow bridge with my beautiful cat Sydney, he began acting strangely weekend just passed, and noticed his eye was changing colour so on Monday I took him to a vet who diagnosed him with FIP , he said it would shorten my poor cats life but nothing could have prepared me for what came next, as though a switch was flicked my poor baby declined extremely fast, on Tuesday his nervous system started to shut down causing seizures and sadly on Wednesday I had to make the hardest decision of my life and held my baby while the vet put him to sleep, I know I did the best thing for him, but now I can't cope with how I feel , I just want him back , I can't breathe for holding back tears constantly, selfish as it sounds I almost want to go to sleep myself so I can see him again, will this ever get easier
Quote 0 0
Mistysmama
This has happened so suddenly and you must feel the most awful shock. That is always so much harder as you didn't get chance to prepare for Sydney leaving. I am so very sorry.

Of course you can't cope with this. I couldn't either at the time my girl left. The one thing in the whole wide world I wanted most of all was simply to go where she had gone -to go with her. It is instinct to feel that. I was so sure I would be taken within hours after burying her sweet body, I wrote and taped notes around my house -listing my next of kin etc. thinking that when the police would break in they would need to see something obvious to help them know what to do.
Yet I wasn't taken, and lived on.

Although it may not make much sense, that is the last thing they want for us however. They want us to carry on with our lives and meet them when we have naturally finished what we came here for.
That makes no sense when we are deep in grief. But it will make sense one day to your Soul.

But I do know, as I have been there. It will get easier in some ways as time goes by, though you will always miss Sydney. I still find I cry sometimes for missing my Misty and it has been two years nine months now. I am fine....I am fine some more.....and then suddenly I am all tears when I go to bed! It still happens from time to time.

They live on in spirit and do wait for us when there has been good shared love.
Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 0 0
Beesmom123
Paula
My deepest sympathies for the loss of your Sydney, what a beauty!
You did do the best for him ,acted out of love to save him pain and suffering. It is the hardest decision one can make. I had to do the same thing 4 months ago and it still haunts me.
I so understand the emptiness and wanting him back and wanting to go to wherever he is.
Unfortunately our reality is that we have to play out our lives until it's our time to join our beloved babies

Sending wishes of comfort and peace to you
Diana

Bee- "Good night sweet prince & flights of angels see thee to thy rest"
Quote 0 0
shantismom
I am so sory and know how heartbreaking this is.  We have all been through what you are feeling.
We wonder what will we do now without them but as Mistysmom said that is not what Sydney would want.  You loved him and he loved you.  You cared for him even enough to take that final step to keep him from further suffering.
The pain you feel is from the loved you had and I am sure you will agree Sydney is worth the pain for the love you had.
I will keep you in prayer.
Marlene Wagner
Quote 0 0
dvtedgar
I lost my Coda on the same day... also to FIP.  Similarly, I took him to the vet because he seemed "off."  He was less than 2 years old... I thought he might have a cold.  When the vet told me there was no hope... I still cannot believe it.   Coda---Forever-copy.jpg 
Quote 0 0
Sunshineambi
I know these were written a couple of years ago but I lost my 4 1/2 year old cat to wet FIP back in june. It was so awful. She seemed totally fine and then became ill over two weeks. We were having some work done in the house and there was also a bit of a heatwave so we just thought she was a bit out of sorts, but she got worse and we took her to the vets. They began doing tests for FIP and others things but then she declined really quickly and a couple of days later we had to have her euthanised. I was so heartbroken. I was an absolute mess. Cried so many tears, the grief was suffocating. I was also about 32 weeks pregnant. My baby came early before 37 weeks and I feel like my grief may have played s part in that. Since the baby came obviously I've been so busy so I haven't been able to think about my cat as much, but I do still think about her when I get a moment to reflect. I still miss her so much and feel so sad about what happened. I still wish things had been different and that she was still here. 😕 We will get another cat soon, when the baby is a little older, but no one will replace my cat that died and I will also be terrified of the same thing happening again.

There are lots of other cats in the area so we are unsure if maybe she caught the virus from one of them, or maybe when she went into a cattery for a week in may. She was a rescue car so perhaps she already had the virus when we got her. I still wonder what caused it to before FIP (as it does for some cats and not others) I wonder if the work we were having done in the house stressed her out and lowered her immunity or the week in the cattery or the hot weather. I still blame myself a little and wonder if things could have been different. 😟

Ppl said when the baby arrived I wouldn't think about the cat.its true that my new lifestyle doesn't leave me much time to think about her, but having a baby and having a pet are two very different things and neither can adequately replace the other.
Quote 0 0