Forum

Author   Comment   Page 6 of 11     «   Prev   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   Next   »
PudPud

Reply with quote  #76 
Hey Puds,

Today was kind of a downer day.  I spent almost an hour shoveling snow and it took a while to recover from that, it is so much more cardio than it looks.

I took your sister for two loops.  Was too cold to do the long walks.  Two girls were coming out of a house we were near and they loved petting your sister.  They would love you too.  Everyone always said how pretty you are.

I finally figured out a birthday gift for your dad.  I will show you a picture.  

I hate that you are not here.

I Love You,
Your Mommy
PudPud

Reply with quote  #77 
Hi Sweetie,

I am sorry for not writing for so long.

Was kind of a long week.  Nothing new about the weather.  Your daddy's birthday week will be super cold.  Yah.  I am taking him to a local restaurant for his birthday and his gift is a dinner with a brewery he likes.  We are trying to focus more on experiences and less stuff.  

I took your sister for a long walk this morning while your daddy was working.  He is still pretty busy.  Your sister still gets riled up by certain dogs in the neighborhood.  She is definitely not mellowing out.  

More soon.  I miss you Baby Boy.

I Love You,
Your Mommy
PudPud

Reply with quote  #78 
Hi Pudds,

I miss you.  I wish you were coming around the corner into the family room or already with us in the room we spend so much time in.

We went to lunch with some friends today.  It was fun.  The food was heavy so we didn't do much the rest of the day.  We got some snow showers but not too much and I took your sister for a short walk.  This coming week will be pretty cold so I don't know if we will do any long walks.  Your daddy was complaining about the weather.  I agree with him, it's one reason I think we should move.  Every place has its good and bad, it's not one thing, it's the whole package.

I found out on Wednesday I didn't get to the next round for a job.  I was not surprised but still disappointed.  I was somewhat busy on Thursday and pretty busy on Friday.  Had a long talk with a friend, she gave good advice.  It really helps to get an outsiders' perspective because I cannot see from outside.  There are lots of options, I need to decide the goal(s) and figure it out from there.

We took your sister for a walk yesterday morning and when we got home she got tangled up.  Your daddy went to help her and slipped on the ice and hurt his shoulder that is recovering.  No more walks for him.  Too dangerous.  The recovery cannot be hurried, only delayed.  

I have to eat better.  Avoiding certain foods or too much food makes me feel lighter and better.  It's so easy to overeat bad stuff especially in the winter.

Our family will never be the same without you.  Thank goodness I took so many pictures and videos of you.

I Love You,
Your Mommy

PudPud

Reply with quote  #79 
Hey Pudds,

I think I am finally getting clarity about big decisions so I feel good about that.  You know your mommy has been conservative and slow to move her entire life, and I want to change that.

I just looked at some pictures from three years ago.  We had a lot of snow here, more than now, but it wasn't as cold as it is this week.  Your daddy is grumpy about the cold, and has a big meeting at work today.

More soon.  

I Love You,
Your Mommy
PudPud

Reply with quote  #80 
Hi Puds,

A very cold day in March.  Sunny but cold.  I took your sister for one loop and a shorter walk.  She is bored I know.  I will take her for walks as long as possible (meaning safe)

I applied for a job this morning and got a rejection in the afternoon.  It is tough.  I think employers want someone who is currently doing the exact same thing.  I believe not having a technical degree is a big disadvantage around here.  That means I have to look elsewhere, I have to go where my best opportunities are.

Your daddy is sick.  His throat hurts and his shoulder has been bothering him.  

I will explain more tomorrow.

I still see you in the house Baby Boy.

I Love You,
Your Mommy
HarleyMc

Reply with quote  #81 
Hey pudpud, for some reason I came to this one particular post from you. It's like it was me writing. We lost our beautiful Benji on 23rd January and the last week has been particularly tough. Ive never turned to a forum for difficulties before. I guess we can feel for each other as I do for you.

I don't know if my grief and unused loved is because my husband has children and I don't. I know that leaving jobs and making changes is so hard. I know that our other furbaby is a blessing. I share all this with you. Most of all, I shared the loss of a much loved and adored dog...the best, nicest, most loving and loyal dog you could ever ask for.

Love,
Benji's Mummy
PudPud

Reply with quote  #82 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyMc
Hey pudpud, for some reason I came to this one particular post from you. It's like it was me writing. We lost our beautiful Benji on 23rd January and the last week has been particularly tough. Ive never turned to a forum for difficulties before. I guess we can feel for each other as I do for you.

I don't know if my grief and unused loved is because my husband has children and I don't. I know that leaving jobs and making changes is so hard. I know that our other furbaby is a blessing. I share all this with you. Most of all, I shared the loss of a much loved and adored dog...the best, nicest, most loving and loyal dog you could ever ask for.

Love,
Benji's Mummy

Hi Benji's Mummy, thank you for much for your message.  My condolences about Benji, I am sorry because I know how much it hurts and you are absolutely right, we can definitely feel for each other. 

It's never easy to lose a loved one, having other big things going on makes it harder.  I don't have (human) children either.  I consider PudPud my son, even though he's not here.  I love him like I would love any child.  So I think your hunch is correct.

Maybe somewhere down the road you will have another furbaby to love.  I volunteer at my local humane society and there are lots who would love a nice warm home and a great mummy.

Take care of yourself.

Love,
Puddy's Mommy

PudPud

Reply with quote  #83 
Hi Sweetie,

Guess what, your daddy is sick.  Not good, but not a big surprise though with this weather.  We were in line outside for over an hour last weekend, I think that did it.

He worked from home today, which your sister and I love.  I took her for two walks, long ones considering how cold it is.  Winter makes it easy to move less and eat more.  All three of us are doing that.  

I spent the morning looking for contacts for jobs, it's more effective than applying to a black hole.  I also read some of my current book, which I really like.  I haven't finished a book in a while, partly because nothing has interests me and partly because I have not been able to focus.  Maybe it's age, but I'm doing my best to handle things, especially since I don't have control over much of it.  

I am looking at a picture of you and your sister in the kitchen from three years ago.  You guys are so cute.  You guys were starring at me, probably because I was holding a snack.  You are so pretty Baby Boy, everyone always said that.  I miss you dearly.  

I Love You,
Your Mommy
PudPud

Reply with quote  #84 
Hi Pudds,

It's your daddy's birthday!!!  We are going to dinner around here and I got him tickets to a beer dinner with a brewery he likes.  

We were talking about how you started wanting to pee around 2 a.m.  I did not mind getting up to let you out.  I miss hearing your steps coming into our room to get me.  You are very smart, you always know to come to Mommy for things.  Your daddy is definitely the disciplinarian.

It's still strange without you.  I'll never like it.  I'll always miss you.  I want to tell you more about these past few months.

I Love You,
Your Mommy
PudPud

Reply with quote  #85 
Hey Pudds,

Daddy and I say goodnight to you before we go to sleep.  Nothing beats having you here but not a day goes by we don't think about you and miss you.

I am so glad we were all overseas together even though the experience was hard at times.  I am sorry about the long plane rides, I know it was scary to be in that crate for so long not knowing what was going on and spending over ten hours in a dark area.  We made our itinerary so that your time away from us would be the shortest, which meant more time in a car (but with us.)  And I hope having your sister next to you was comforting.  Were you surprised when we got home after two years?  Probably very confusing, but we are so glad you made it home.

I hope you had fun overseas.  Mommy was home with you guys almost every day and we went to many new places- parks, neighborhoods, dog resorts, the beach, mountains, different cities...And we all tried a lot of yummy new foods.  Work was not easy for your daddy and staying home wasn't easy for your mommy, and there were challenges along the way.  We eventually got more used to it and made the best of it.  Your daddy believes it was stressful for you guys there because it was dense and noisy and you didn't have a big area to run around in.  And you guys are used to having big yards all to yourselves.

If I could do over some things with the knowledge we have now, we definitely would have staggered the home leave.  Two weeks is too long, and I am sorry about that Puds.  And, I definitely would have gotten a number of tests for you after your first episode- x ray, blood panel, whatever else we could do to see what's going on.  I think your tumor started around or after that, and you may still be here if we had caught it earlier.  It wasn't until nearly a year later that we noticed your hacking.

We did everything we could after finding out how sick you were, before that we did everything we were supposed to.  That wasn't enough.  That is something I will never get over.

You have been gone for almost four months now, and it still hurts.  We miss you terribly.  I think about the last days when you were like a zombie and obviously suffering, and I am glad you are no longer suffering.  I would do anything to have you back healthy.

We are all still getting used to being back, to you being gone.  Your daddy's work is busy, no better than it was.  I am learning a lot in my job search, things that I would not learn if I had just done the same thing in the same places.  I know there's value in it, but it is a lot of work and having a job again (the right next one) is good in many ways.  Your sister has gained weight, not surprisingly.  I know she misses you.  She misses playing with you and walking with you and waiting for food with you.

I feel there is a lot going on and has been since we got back.  

I wish I knew what you are thinking Puds.  

I Love You,
Your Mommy
PudPud

Reply with quote  #86 
Hi Sweetie,

Your daddy is still sick, a little better but not 100%.  And of course he is at work.  We were inside all day on Sunday and he worked long day yesterday and has a long day today.

I FINALLY completed getting pictures of you together for the digital picture frame.  I have many many pictures of you, and your sister, and it took several tries to get them onto the card.  There isn't enough room on a 2GB card for all the ones I wanted to put on there, of course, but there are a lot.  

I put the frame in the family room where we spend most of our time.  I still see you walking into that room.

I Love You,
Your Mommy
PudPud

Reply with quote  #87 
Hey Pudds,

Your sister was just going crazy at the bay window, you know who was walking by.  I don't know why she and that dog hate each other, something primal.

I have an interview today, wish me luck.  I'll be home right after to take your sister on a long walk.  

I did not sleep much last night because I was up waiting for a friend and your daddy was snoring loudly.  

I miss you and I still tear up and I think it will always hurt.  We love you so much.

I Love You,
Your Mommy

PudPud

Reply with quote  #88 
Hi Sweetie,

Happy Pi Day!  I am going to get a small piece for dessert tonight.  

Another busy day.  Also getting thunderstorms.  Your daddy is still busy.  

Do you know what you were doing four years ago today?  Sticking your entire head into a pile of snow.  I miss you Baby Boy.

I Love You,
Your Mommy
PudPud

Reply with quote  #89 
Hey Puds,

It snowed AGAIN.  But it's sunny.  I took your sister for a long walk this morning, we slipped around a bit.

I had meetings the entire day yesterday, haven't done that for a while.  Am glad they are over and grateful for the opportunity.

More soon.  

I Love You,
Your Mommy
PudPud

Reply with quote  #90 
Hi Sweetie,

It is quite cold today, especially for this time of year.  I took your sister for a loop and a long walk, good exercise for both of us.

I am still a little tired from Friday, I am not used to having all day meetings/interviews.  Wish your mommy luck.  It seems so much of life is a crapshoot.

You have been gone almost four months.  Not a day goes by we don't miss you.  We talk about you every day and we see pictures of you every day.  You are still our baby.  You will always be.  

Your daddy and I are talking about our next adventure.  We are ready to move on.  Have to figure out how.  There is more than one way to do things.  We may not do things in the order we want, but we will get them done.

On another note, I have decided to wean myself off dairy.  Once in a while is ok, but I am replacing the heavy cream in my coffee each morning with a non dairy cream and avoiding dairy as much as I can.  I am telling you so you will hold me to it.

I Love You,
Your Mommy
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.