Rachel
Wed. my 5th cat went to heaven. Would've, should've could've - did I wait too long? Did I do something wrong? All I know is that I miss her terribly.
Quote 0 0
Becky1990
Rachel,
I am so very sorry for your loss. Whether it is tour 1st cat or your 5th cat, it never gets any easier. We all have the what if's, quilt, mad, sadness and I wish I could make it easier for you. We all here understand your pain because we are going through it too.
I lost my cat of 19 years old, 16 days ago. Some peopke say well that's old, he had a good life. This is true but, they don't understand that they were always there for us!!
I am so glad that you are here. There are so many wonderful and compassionate people who understands your pain. Please keep sharing and let us know how you are doing. Big hugs 💛
Quote 0 0
BorderCollieLover
Rachel:

Just the idea that you are in this Forum means that you loved your cat very much. We all have feelings of guilt, indecision, regret, sadness, etc. You did nothing wrong. Your cat knows that. You were a tremendous pet parent. Keep posting here. You are not alone.

Jim
Jim Miller
Quote 0 0
Rachel
Thanks for your replies.
She was a shelter cat. Knew it was a gamble.
And I'm sorry for all your losses.
Too bad you can't take a pill to make the pain go away, haha.
It will go away eventually - know that.
Thank you.
Quote 0 0
Pagmem
Rachel,

I’m so sorry for your loss. I lost my beloved cat Puck about 4 months ago, and I know I waited too long . He ended up dying before the vet could get to our house to put him down. I know he suffered and I’m so sorry he did. Puck was not my first cat - I’ve lost several others that I loved, but he was one that I really bonded with. I found him sealed up in a cardboard box and thrown in a dumpster. The moment I tore open that box (the only time I’ve ever gone dumpster diving!) and those big I green eyes locked on mine, it was like the old saying, “You saved my life, and now you’re mine” or something to that effect!

We lost our wonderful boxer Max just over a month ago and that, on top of losing Puck has been extremely hard. And it’s like you said, while people mean well saying our pets were old and had good lives, they are missing the point that we love them and want them to still be here. Not suffering of course, but with us, here, cuddling and playing.

I’m sending hugs and comfort your way.

Melissa
Melissa
Quote 0 0
Becky1990
Dear Melissa,
I am so sorry for two of your recent losses. I know that, that is really got to be tough.
Thank God you saved that precious baby out of the dumpster! I will never understand people hurting animals. I am not a mean person, I just hope there is a special place for people like that.
You are so right, they may have been old (mine was 19 years old) but they are our babies and want them back.
I was going for a walk the other day and it hit me, I lost a friend of 30 years in April, another friend of 30 years in May and now my furbaby in September. There is my "3" that "comes in three."
Rachel thank you for rescuing a shelter cat. That is where mine have come from except for this last one. He appeared in my backyard. They know how to find us haha.

You both are in my prayers. Hugs.
Quote 0 0
Dai
Hi Rachel,

I'm so sorry for your loss. Doesn't get easier whether it's the loss of one or 20 pets, the pain is still horrible. I though wish there was a pill to help deal with the grief better than a nightly Xanax to sleep.

Dai
Quote 0 0
Rachel
To all who have replied - if I was with with you - would hug you, big-time! We are all hurting. Friends/family seem to care, but they just don't understand.

Big plate of fish sticks anb ice cream seems to work for me. At least in the interim.
Then back to reality. So sorry for your losses. Still working through mine. Love to all the pet parents.
Quote 0 0