lindydawn
last night i had to put my dog kia down . Ive had her for 14 years she is my baby . Kia waa diagnosed a month ago with stage 3 blood vessel cancer and also developed a heart murmor . We had a great last month and a week with her and then the last 2 days she went downhill quickly.  I had to make the hardest decision of my life but i could not watch her suffer . I honestly  have never felt so sad in my entire life and i feel like im never going to be ok. I have another dog coco her brother and it makes me so sad that he wont see his sister ever again. I cannot stop crying I just miss her so much it hurts so bad. I just found this forum and hoping it helps me feel  a bit better.  
Kias mommy 
Quote 0 0
Lis84
We put our 8 year old to sleep on monday so i know the feelings. I'm now feeling like its a dream, i started cooking dinner and looked down and forgot he wasnt around. Pet grief is real and huge and that's why we all search and found this forum.
Cry it all out, i did that for the week leading up and days after, now i cant cry anymore, i just feel empty. I try to keep busy but the loss is always there.
Give your other dog lots of hugs and kisses, be there for each other.
Quote 0 0
lindydawn
Thank you i am trying ❤
Kias mommy 
Quote 0 0
roseblue1
I have found talking helps so much...it has been two weeks since my precious boy Monty had to sleep...but talking helps me...the funny things and loving things he did...memories are so precious.
Ellen Hague
Quote 0 0
Franko
Worse thing in the world. Tomorrow will be 3 weeks that my dog passed. Still completely heart broken. I hope you find piece in this difficult time.
Quote 0 0
curt
Talking to other people on this forum does help a bit, but the pain of the loss does not fade with time. Maybe the sharp edges are not so sharp after a period of time but I still cry every single day missing my Julie.  Just take one day at a time and try to remember the fun times you had with Kia. She is waiting for you on the other side and she will see you coming and run to greet you.  I hold on to that thought, that I will see my Julie again and its the only thing that gets me thru the day.
Quote 0 0
lindydawn
Thank you everyone for the kind words i am so deeply sorry for all of your losses. Its nice to talk to people going through the same thing and having the same feelings.  My chest feels so tight all the time and i just get so sad thinking about her not being alive anymore.  It feels like a horrible dream i just want to wake up from and be able to hold my sweet girl again. This is so unbelievably hard..

Kias mommy 
Quote 0 0
OmarR
Hi Lindydawn.

I sent you a PM, but I am so very sorry for the loss of your beautiful Kia. When you feel up to it, please post up pictures of her. I would love to see her.
Quote 0 0