Dubbysmom
I just lost my beloved Wheaten Terrier, Dublin, of over 13 years to kidney failure and cancer. He was given to me as a first anniversary gift by my husband and has spent my entire adult life with me. My husband travels for work quite frequently so Dublin was always by my side. He watched our family grow and welcomed our children in this world. Dublin was in particular, my soul mate and the love of my life. He came with me everywhere and was my first baby and permanent fixture in the backseat of the car with the kids. No matter where we went, whether it was to the grocery store or a family vacation- he came. I suffer from depression and Dublin was my therapy. Feeling his body against mine would comfort me instantaneously. Dublin survived a cancerous spleen removal surgery two and a half years ago. Yesterday, after a very sudden decline, he lost his battle to kidney failure and a new cancerous tumor in his anal gland. Just two weeks ago, he was opening Christmas presents and now he’s gone. My heart and my house are empty without him. My family is incomplete. I am completely shattered by this loss. Please help.
Quote 0 0
BoxerMomForever
Oh my. I am so sorry about Dublin. That’s hard seeing them get sick. I know how devastating it is. Lost my girl Lily a few months ago. She had cancer and declined fast after her 10th Birthday. I’m lost without her. I’m glad I found this forum. I feel alone dealing with this. My husband is very upset but hides his feelings and seems to just go on. Me well, I was her buddy, she was mine. I have a feeling you were the same way. Hugs to you.

Linda *Mom to two boxer angels* Lily {White Girl} 6/22/09 - 10/14/19  ** Ginger {Flashy Fawn Girl} 6/4/97 - 5/28/09
Quote 0 0
Dubbysmom
Thanks for this. Yes I feel the same. Everyone else can just go on about their business and days and hide it. I feel like my whole world just shattered and my family is now incomplete. Dublin relied and depended on me for everything but I think truth be told- I needed him more than he ever needed me. He made me feel special, important and gave me purpose.
Quote 0 0
MikeK_123
I am also so sorry.  I have to take my cat Gracie in tomorrow.  Her kidneys are failing.  Blood test on Saturday.  Kidney issues are common in cats.  I am sure this has been going on for some time - but she seemed OK around Thanksgiving.  No mention of this when she was last at the vet.  This has happened so fast.  My baby has nothing left to fight with.  She was the one that would lay in my arms in evening after a long day at work.  I am heartbroken.  Went through this with Shelby (dog) and Greta (cat) many years ago.  I grieve very hard.  I am tearing up as I write this.

Find comfort in the home and love you gave Dublin.  I pray you find peace.
Quote 0 0
Dubbysmom
I am so sorry to hear about Gracie. The same thing happened with Dublin. He had bloodwork done in October and nothing showed up. He became very sick on New Year’s Eve and went crashing downhill the next several days. When I took him in, they said his kidney levels were so high they couldn’t get an accurate read. On top of that he had a tumor growing. He had all of this going on and we had no idea. He was absolutely fine. It was a matter of days that he declined so rapidly. I hope that you can find peace and comfort as well. It sounds like you are a very loving pet owner.
Quote 0 0
BoxerMomForever
Dubbysmom - yes that’s how I feel, I had a purpose, now I don’t. I did everything with her and for her. But she was also the perfect nurse, when I had a few health issues over the years, she was there and helped me.
Linda *Mom to two boxer angels* Lily {White Girl} 6/22/09 - 10/14/19  ** Ginger {Flashy Fawn Girl} 6/4/97 - 5/28/09
Quote 0 0