SamLove
I put my dog Sampson down on Tuesday. He was 11 and a half years old. I've had him since he was 6 weeks old. He lived a Wonderful Life and I feel so grateful to have shared it with him. I'm just feeling sad now and lonely without him. He was in a lot of pain and had trouble breathing so I know it was the right decision. That does not always make it any easier.
Quote 0 0
Weepatchesoflove
Hi there
I'm sorry on your loss of Sampson, he is such a handsome dog and looks like he is loving his lei!
I absolutely agree with you that even though we have to go through with easing our guys pain, it does not make it any easier. I have tried to tell myself countless times that my girl is at the Bridge, pain free and running and playing and while it does help, my heart says: I just want her back.
It does get easier as the days go by, although at the time it doesn't feel like it, but looking back, I can see I am not in the state now that I was in, although there are times where I still cry, feel absolutely lost and really sad.
This forum is amazing and can really help. it's also great to see people managing to get back to some form of their lives, so that you can see it really is possible.
Take care and best wishes
Michelle &Patches
Patches mum
Quote 0 0
CK1991
What a gorgeous dog! You did do the right thing to let him go but you're right when yoy say it doesn't make ot any easier. So sorry for your loss!
CK
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
Hi SamLove,
I am so sorry you lost Sampson! I love the picture you posted - he was a beautiful dog! I agree with CK, you did the absolute right thing for him but I know that living without him is a whole different thing. I hope you are doing okay. Wishing you peace,
MJ
Quote 0 0
Sammi_Jo
My dog passed at 11.5 years of age, and I had her since she was 6 weeks old. Her name was Sammi. So I get it. This support site is amazing, it will not take away your pain, I am convinced nothing will. But at least you will know others care, and understand, and have the same void in their heart that you do. Keep posting. I posted my dogs biography over a few days on here, its called the biography of Sammi Jo. Read it, and maybe write Sampsons story. It hurts to write it. But it is something you should share with us and let us know this dog you love so much. Dogs go to heaven so you will see him again. 
Steven
Quote 0 0
camunki
samlove....your pic of Sampson is beautiful, and remember you are the caretaker and need to make all the right decisions on health and well being and quality of life!!...I know too well, my dog Munki 13 years 10 months old. 3 plus weeks old.........."breathing problems" well, lung cancer...invading her internal organs and sinus area, she could not breathe......all i wanted was to celebrate her 14th birthday one month away, that did not happen, and yes, i had to make the dreaded choice to do what had to be done..............let her cross that bridge...............it hurts, it still does, going on 7 months.....we always will feel the pain, it does lessen as time goes on........our pets live in our hearts, souls and minds forever............Your Sampson is safe now and you did the right thing, this is all so new........please keep posting & know you are not alone.

Cam

Quote 0 0