Gmr
It's been 11 days since putting my dog Peanut down. I don't even know how I got to 11 days. It seems like yesterday. The first few days it was stomach aches and my whole body aching. Now I'm sick with a sinus infection. I sit here and find myself just staring. My every thought is my baby. Crying only comes in waves now. I just feel numb. Can't eat much, nothing tastes good. Hard to concentrate and just deep sadness. Everything's an effort to do. I miss you Peanut. I just want to hug and kiss you and feel you by my side. Noone asks anymore how I'm doing. Guess they don't want to talk about it so I just come on here. I'm so grateful for this forum.
Quote 0 0
BorderCollieLover
Gmr:

I want to extend my heartfelt condolences on the loss of your beloved Peanut. It's only been (11) days for you so the grief must be relentless. You mentioned that no one asks how you're doing now. I'm sorry to hear that. I know personally that support from friends, neighbors, acquaintances, etc, can be fleeting. Sometimes they want to hear it; other times they seem to be indifferent. Everyone in this forum has experienced (or is experiencing) a breakdown of an "attentive ear" who will unconditionally listen to us as we attempt to open up about our beloved pets and what they meant to us. This has happened to me. Yes, coming to this forum can be very therapeutic. There are a lot of very smart, caring, compassionate people here who care  about others who are hurting. I can certainly relate to your feelings of being numb. I feel that way a lot these days. Please post here often as we all want to hear how you're doing. You have lots of genuine support here. Glad that you joined us.

Sending warmest regards,

Jim
Jim Miller
Quote 0 0
Mistysmama
We are with you Gmr.
I am so sorry about your loss of Peanut.
I remember when my girl passed I suddenly became sick too, with a nerve inflammation and paralysis in my right arm. I think when we are shocked from the loss of a dear one, these things do happen.
I couldn't eat either. I wasn't really in this world to all intents and purposes.
Most of me had "gone with her".

In time I was better able to function. But the love doesn't stop. We will always love them forever. The love is the big thing.

It is such a short time -11 days. You must be in so much pain.

We all know, and are with you.
Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 0 0
Gmr
Thank you BorderCollieLover and Mistysmama for your support. I am sorry for your losses as well.
Quote 0 0