Leila

I feel completely lost. I loved her more than anyone or anything in my life. I don't know what I am going to do without her. Our beloved Shasti (named after the Goddess Shasti-devi) left her body yesterday after a lengthy battle with kidney disease. She was 17 years old. She was the love of our lives, our joy every day and our child. We never had human children so our cats have become our offspring - Shasti was my first born. Don (her first dad) and I were over the moon when she came to be with us. Later, Regis became her dad for over 10 years. She taught us about love and affection, about bravery and strength. She was so loved, yet nothing could compare to the love she gave us. She was a feral cat born on the property here. This was her birth place and her place of passing to the other side. Shasti was the most affectionate cat we have ever known. She slept with me nightly in the crux of my arm. Her lengthy, daily couch cuddling and massages on her dad's chest were her favourite things. As soon as either of us sat on the couch she hopped up to her favourite spot for endless hours of snuggling. She was a good traveller and went on many journeys..her favourite was visiting grandma, which she did often. She would go on long hikes with me up the railroad track for hours and wander the forest with all her curiosity flowing. Her presence in the veggie garden was like a cheerleader to me every time tending it seemed arduous. She slept above my head on my pillow after I had double jaw surgery...she was a healer. When she was younger, the expert huntress in her gave her the wild nourishment she craved. She was a lover of water and liked being held under a warm shower. She would take to a short swim on hot days and stand in the rain without a worry. She was a nature lover. Over the years, she endured thyroid cancer and was quarantined in the USA after a radiation therapy cure, she had a few dental surgeries and a few battle scars from protecting the property while I was away in India for 6 months. She was the respected and honoured elder amongst her siblings; she ruled valiantly. She was a vigilant guard cat with superpower senses. Yesterday was sunny and she basked in the warmth. We spent her last hours together outside with her two brothers. Goodbye Shasti - mommy and daddy love you more than anything. May your spirit soar. We will miss you dearly. You are forever in our hearts even though right now our hearts are broken. She joins Bhima, her younger brother, amongst the stars. om tryambakam 108
pamela 
Quote 1 0
Sil
Leila, 

I am truly sorry for your loss of Shasti.  And, what a beautiful name for a beautiful cat.  Reading Shasti's journey so well described and written, one can "read" the love shared.  Our beloved pets, are our children, but unlike human children, our pets only leave us when they cross to the other side.  Always, by our side, and using their senses to give us strength when we most needed.  Again, I am very sorry for your loss of Shasti.  Hugs 
Quote 1 0
Mrs_C
Leila,

I am so sorry for your loss. Like you, I didn’t have any children (I couldn't) and I had to put my 2nd cat to sleep. He was 15 years old and his diabetes got worse. This is a hard loss to get over but I am trying. It’s hard to wake up in the morning because my cat, Emmitt, would always greet me. Loudly. I was his caretaker and gave him his meds to him 2X a day. I miss him. You were a great parent to Shasti. I could tell by reading your memories of her. She knows it too. ❤️❤️❤️🤗🤗🤗
Quote 1 0