Gibbstir28
Its been three days since I lost Gibbs. I had to make the decision to put him to sleep after my mom's boyfriend dog attacked him. I saw the  attack happen, I tried to stop the other dog, but it was to late. I had to hold my dying dog in my arms and drive to the vet. I think this entire event has traumatized me. I feel so heartbroken and mad at the same time. I keep replaying what happened in my head over and over thinking  what I could of done differently. My Gibbs just turned 3 and now his life is over. It's so unfair what happened to him, he didn't deserve any of this. He was such a good boy and so full of life. He was my shadow, my little Mexican jumping bean, my cuddle bug, my wiggle worm. Now my house feels empty and dull. It literally feels like a piece of me is gone, almost like I've lost a child. I consider all my animals my furbabies. I have experienced pet loss before, but never felt like this. Has anyone else felt like this?
Kristina Maxwell
Quote 0 0
MyBella
Kristina, I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet boy Gibbs, he was far too young and what a traumatic sight this must have been for you. My heart aches for you. I know what you mean by your house feels empty and you did lose a piece of you, Gibbs was your baby, your companion and your friend. I hope over time you will be able to find comfort in your memories of your Gibbs. I am so sorry for your loss, you are in our thoughts and prayers.
Don & Vera
Quote 0 0
Manjack
The answer to your question at the end of your post is "yes". Although the circumstances of our pets' deaths might be different I am sure that everybody on here knows exactly how you feel. The sad truth is that we are all members of a group who have lost a dear pet and that has left a huge void in our lives. We love them so deeply that it makes the loss so difficult to bear.

What happened to Gibbs was tragic and yes unfair. The photo is gorgeous and it looks as if he was tiny. He did not have a long life but try to remember that he experienced much love and kindness during his time with you. Some poor animals never know that type of care.

We mourn along with you. You have suffered a great loss. I have been reading posts from people who have lost a pet some time ago and it seems that eventually we can come to terms with our new reality in time. I know I still have a long road ahead of me but I have found coming to the forum helps. There is no judgement here, only support and encouragement.
Quote 0 0
MyFrecks2014
Beautifully said Manjack and supported via HEART..
It is within this unexplored territory of my heart in which I weep from the depth of my soul. It is also at same, the fountain of Light in which I now dare to seek.
Quote 0 0
mybaby1robert
What an awful event.  I would be so angry.  I think this feels like a crime against your child.  I know it is not that but I can sure know how I would feel about it.  I am sure others can offer more insight then I can into how to handle the emotional turmoil this might cause you but I can sure understand the way you must feel.  Stay with the good people here and they can offer comfort.  They have been very helpful to me

May you find peace about this when the time is right.
Quote 0 0
Gibbstir28
Manjack wrote:
The answer to your question at the end of your post is "yes". Although the circumstances of our pets' deaths might be different I am sure that everybody on here knows exactly how you feel. The sad truth is that we are all members of a group who have lost a dear pet and that has left a huge void in our lives. We love them so deeply that it makes the loss so difficult to bear. What happened to Gibbs was tragic and yes unfair. The photo is gorgeous and it looks as if he was tiny. He did not have a long life but try to remember that he experienced much love and kindness during his time with you. Some poor animals never know that type of care. We mourn along with you. You have suffered a great loss. I have been reading posts from people who have lost a pet some time ago and it seems that eventually we can come to terms with our new reality in time. I know I still have a long road ahead of me but I have found coming to the forum helps. There is no judgement here, only support and encouragement.

Thank you so much for your reply. Everyone has been so kind, but your words really spoke to me. He did experience love and kindness in his short lived life. Honestly, he was spoiled. To think about all the other animals that never experience what Gibbs did, made me realize I need to cherish the memories and not focus as much on how he died. It will take time just like any loss we experience in our lives.
Kristina Maxwell
Quote 0 0