mandacharm
It’s almost been a month since I lost my sweet girl Lucy. I couldn’t stand living in my place without her completely alone. It was like the walls were closing in on me. I made the decision to move into my dad’s spare room until I figure out what I want to do next. Some days it feels like I’m walking through a fog & others (like today) it’s hard to control my emotions. I miss her so much I can’t even put it into words. She was with me through some really hard times & was constant source of comfort/support. Everyone keeps telling me it’ll get easier with time but right now it feels hopeless.
Amanda 
Quote 0 0
CK1991
Hi Amanda, A month is still a very short time. Allow yourself to grieve as much as you need to. You loved Lucy very much. You will always love her and will always miss her. As time goes by the terrible agony you’re feeling now will lessen but it doesn’t mean you won’t cry and want her back when something reminds you of her and how wonderful she was but it will become easier to deal with over time. Wishing your heart peace and healing. Hugs to you!
CK
Quote 1 0
BoxerMomForever
Amanda, so sorry for your loss. You need to grieve as long as you need. Everyone is different. I do hear that the harder you grieve the harder you loved. I truly believe it. It’s 3 months since our girl passed and still having a hard time. Hugs to you.
Linda *Mom to two boxer angels* Lily {White Girl} 6/22/09 - 10/14/19  ** Ginger {Flashy Fawn Girl} 6/4/97 - 5/28/09
Quote 1 0
mandacharm
Linda & CK thank you both it helps to hear that it’s ok to still be struggling. My friends & family try to be supportive but at times they act like I’m overreacting. It definitely helps to have a safe nonjudgmental place to express my feelings.
Amanda 
Quote 0 0
BoxerMomForever
Amanda, That is terrible you are not getting the support you need from family/friends. Luckily we have been getting support, I just hope people don’t start asking when are we getting another one?? Some know where I stand on that for know. But some that don’t know us well, may ask. I’m worried about that happening this weekend....
Linda *Mom to two boxer angels* Lily {White Girl} 6/22/09 - 10/14/19  ** Ginger {Flashy Fawn Girl} 6/4/97 - 5/28/09
Quote 0 0
mandacharm
Linda, I’ve been asked by several people when I’ll get another dog I just let them know I’m not ready & quickly change the subject. I’ve found that most people take the hint & let it go. Good luck this weekend hope everything goes smoothly for you.
Amanda 
Quote 0 0
BoxerMomForever
Thanks Amanda, I will take your advice. Then redirect conversation to their dogs.
Quote 0 0
Paw_in_hand
Hi Amanda,
My name's Jess and I wanted to tell you I know exactly how you feel. I just had to put my baby boy Hendrix to sleep on Monday the 6th. He was 11 years old and had a large tumor in his spleen and he wasn't doing good so it was time. He was by my side 24/7 for 11 years. Seriously we were never apart. He got me through so much. My other baby Blaze died back in 2014 on my birthday no less after suffering from 22 seizures through the night and I held her the whole time. Hendrix was there and saw it all. He changed after that and would never let me out of his sight. I have medical issues and pass out from time to time and Hendrix was always there trying to help me up or trying to get help. I can't have children and I'm 33 so he was my son. I'm just so lost right now. I don't know how to live without him. I can't even be in my house because it physically hurts right now. To make it even harder is his little sister Jade won't stop crying and searching for him and it's just heart breaking. They were very very very close so she's devastated right now just like me. I don't think life will ever be the same. I feel like a huge part of me is just gone and I just want him back......💔😭 I'm sorry to unload all this on you but I wanted you to know that you are not alone in your grievance.
Quote 0 0
mandacharm
Hey Jess, I’m so very sorry for you loss & thank you for sharing it really helps to know I’m not alone. I feel the same way I miss my Lucy so much she was w/ me through some really hard times & It’s hard to imagine my life without her. I’m trying to just take it one day at a time otherwise I get overwhelmed by it all.
Amanda 
Quote 0 0
Mslinda
Hi Forum, my name is Linda. I'm here because I lost my German shepherd Comet of 13 years 12/23/19. I'm in so much pain. I haven't felt like this since the death of my mom and brothers. The pain seems to never stop. Comet was a protector and such a wonderful indoor dog. He greeted me each day I came home from work with such joy and happiness to see me. Whenever I took him out to use it, he would always look back at me to see if I was coming. I would always tell him, I'm right behind you comet. Comet was a very healthy dog, he had only been sick one time in all of his 13 years. He developed a lump on his neck. I went against my gut feeling and allowed the vet to remove it. Comet was never the same. He started to decline in eating but still played with his squeaky toy. The toy seem to cheer him up. He didn't look or act his age, he was so active and playful. No grey hair. He was my best friend. My home feel so empty and different. Every where I look there are things that remind me of him. I look at his pictures on my phone each day. I cry every day. I'm not sleeping or eating. I have no appetite. I really miss my dog. This is so hard. I st have his collar and leash hanging on a door knob. I squeak his toy every day as if he's still there. I've lost other dogs before but it has never been this hard. Comet was unlike any dog I've ever had. I hope and pray he understands what has happened to him. I hope an angel came to welcome him to heaven. RIP, comet doggy. I love you so much comet. I wish I knew how to make this pain and crying stop. But I cant.
Quote 0 0
Mslinda
To everyone on the forum, I hear people saying. It will get better with time. I sincerely hope that's true for all of us on the forum. God bless us all.
Quote 0 0