RWPaws
I have such a heavy heart. My little buddy, Reggie, got sick just days before a 4 day trip we had planned with another couple. We debated canceling the trip, but our adult children were coming home to watch our fur baby, so we decided to go and give them some time with him. Well, he went downhill fast and they had to put him to sleep. It broke my heart to not be there for my best friend when he passed. The guilt is just such a heavy weight on my shoulders. I let my little guy down and I can't ever go back and make it better. He is gone forever and didn't have his mommy there at the end. It is killing me knowing I wasn't there for him when he was suffering and needed me. How do I ever forgive myself? The pain is just too much. This sadness overwhelms me. How could I have left him when he was sick??? I would give anything to go back and change my decision to leave. :(
KVB
Quote 0 0
tipperdipper
Wow, this is exactly how I feel!! My baby had to be put to rest on Monday. I was in Cali, my mom had to take her, she was in pain. I feel so bad that I left her! I should have been there. But I guess we both have to think of it this way, they both are in a better place. They aren't sick, or in pain!
But it's hard!! I'm still so sad, and feel so guilty. I'm hoping the sadness passes, and I can smile thinking of my best friend and all the good times we had.
My love, my best friend.
Quote 0 0
julieandfurbabies
I am so very sorry for your loss's my friends.  THere is no easy way to say Goodbye and no planned way.Ii am so sorry this happened when you were both away but you  really should not feel guilty.  Take comfort in the fact that your children were with your baby KYB and you baby was with your Mum TIpperdipper.  We all go through the feeling of guilt, I do even after almost two years since my baby went. We always think 'what if'  We mustn't though.  Our pets are on loan to us until God decides to take them back. They are our angels here on Earth and Heaven and your babies will always be with you in your heart.  If you feel your babies presence they are there with you.  You can't see them but they are there with you in spirit. I often feel Gemma here with me and I even talk to her.  Please don't be so hard on yourselves.  As I said....  There is no proper time for our babies to leave us x
Love Julie x
Quote 0 0
heartsick
Please Both RW Paws and Tipperdipper if you can't hear anything else through the pain yet please
hear this - Your babies have not left you. When a bond is so tightly intertwined between your souls
there is no way to break that bond.
When we lose someone we Love we don't stop Loving them.
LOVE NEVER DIES.
Not ever - it can't. And when all of the intense pain and noise begins to quieten
you will see them out of the corner of your eye or you will catch a wift of their scent- or
something that only they could do will happen or come to you in a dream.

Grief is awful and there is nothing else like this pain.

I am divorced - when I was married I buried my son- at that time I became a Certified Grief Counselor- I used the same graveside service for my Bear as I did for my son.

Love is Love and Grief is Grief- there is no difference.

Please know that when we lose someone we love we don't stop loving them -
LOVE NEVER DIES.

The soul bound connection that is between our babies and ourselves is forever.

Nothing - not death- tears -grief - or sadness will ever break the ties between us for those ties are made of LOVE so strong that NOTHING will ever sever those connections.

Grief is not something we get over but something that we learn -slowly- over time- to incorporate into our lives until it becomes a part of us like our bones and our breath.

Please come back and post some pictures so we can get to know him through you.

If you read the beginning of any one of our threads from the first page you will see yourself.

Please know that we all understand here and we are all here for you.

You Are In My Thoughts.

Susan(heartsick)

Quote 0 0
AnnieBirdseed
Thank you Susan for saying this repeatedly, that "love never dies."   Out of this entire nightmare, it is the one
thing I am holding on to with all my heart and soul.  It is the only thing that helps me get through each day
without my precious Purrfect.   Today is four weeks since he was put to rest here in his home where he lived
and was loved.   I can still feel him and for that I am so grateful.  Thank you again.
Quote 0 0
RWPaws
Thank you so much Julie and Susan for your words of encouragement. I too am hanging on to those words Love Never Dies and Our Bablies Will Forever Be in Our Hearts. I have started talking to my sweet little Reggie and have asked for his forgiveness for not being there for him. It helped tremendously to voice my feelings out loud to him. For the last week or so I felt I deserved to feel horrible for not being there, but I am slowly starting to forgive myself.
KVB
Quote 0 0