msk1130
We lost our little Dixie on Monday, October 14th after being hit by a truck on the highway outside our home. It still doesn't feel real. I feel really guilty because it could have been prevented - we should have kept a better eye on her or kept her inside the small fenced in yard. We liked to let her run in the yard, and we had kept a close eye on her, but then she was gone. I can't help but feel guilty knowing that this could have been prevented and she could still be here. Everything at home reminds me of her. A day hasn't gone by yet that I don't cry for her. We have another dog and I feel so sad that he doesn't have a friend to keep him company during the day and also play with him at night. I took him for a hike the other day and it just wasn't the same....nothing is the same. How do I cope with all of this guilt? I haven't felt this much sadness in a long time.

Dixie_girl.jpg
Quote 0 0
Gertie
msk1130 wrote:
We lost our little Dixie on Monday, October 14th after being hit by a truck on the highway outside our home. It still doesn't feel real. I feel really guilty because it could have been prevented - we should have kept a better eye on her or kept her inside the small fenced in yard. We liked to let her run in the yard, and we had kept a close eye on her, but then she was gone. I can't help but feel guilty knowing that this could have been prevented and she could still be here. Everything at home reminds me of her. A day hasn't gone by yet that I don't cry for her. We have another dog and I feel so sad that he doesn't have a friend to keep him company during the day and also play with him at night. I took him for a hike the other day and it just wasn't the same....nothing is the same. How do I cope with all of this guilt? I haven't felt this much sadness in a long time.

Dixie_girl.jpg
Quote 0 0
Gertie
I am very sorry for your loss.  It is going to take time for you to grieve. It was not your fault, you had a fenced in yard. Sadly accidents happen and we  look back and think if only. This was out of your control, please make peace with that. You loved your baby, she knew that. Try to remember the happy times. Hold your other dog close, he needs you more then ever. I hope in time you pain will ease. You are in my thoughts.

Duncan & Myles Mom x
Quote 0 0