therese_08
I lost my 8-year-old yorkie to heart failure two weeks ago, and since then I have been feeling horriblw, lifeless. Home no longer feels like home. There is no highlight to my day. I miss him so so badly - I feel like part of me went missing. With my little Chucks I always felt loved and valued, no matter how broken, ugly or upset I felt. He was always there, ready to love. And I gave him all the love I had. But I couldn't save him. Oh how would have done everything to save him - I do hope he knows that from doggy heaven. People say it will get better - But how can it possibly get better if my little one is gone forever?
Quote 0 0
BSmith1199
I am pretty sure you never stop missing them, but you do get to a point where you can smile when you remember them and recant the stories of the silly things they did to make you happy.

I am only a few days into my loss, and today is the first day my chest does not have an overwhelming tightness in it.  I know it will get better.  I have lost pets before.  I remember them, today, with great fondness and lots of smiles.

I wrote a tribute to mine, and each day I read it.  I know I am getting better as I can read it most of the way through without breaking down in tears.  Each day gets a little better.

Tell us about your Yorkie.  What did he do to make you giggle?  What was he like?
Smokey (1959-1959, car), Prissy (1966-1968, car), Tina (1955-1974, old age), Rags (1976-1980, stolen), Dax (1999-2015, my choice, due to renal failure), Shelby & Jag (2015)

You only think you are training them.  When they are gone, you finally get it.
Quote 0 0
therese_08
Thank You for your reply, it truly means a lot that there are people I can reach out. Chucks was such a blessing - such a happy dog! He made all the family smile. He wouldn't go to sleep unless I gave him a cuddling session - he would stare at me until I do so. He always got jealous when my nephews and nieces were home so he would do anything to grab our attention. I remember him tearing up a hole in his old bed, and then going round the house wearing the bed around his head! What a little darling he was, I miss him so much! I write to him everyday, in attempt to replace our long evening conversations... but it's not the same.
Quote 0 0
BSmith1199
That is sweet.  I know about the missed conversations.  My Wife tells me I talked to Dax all the time.  Now that she is gone the house is so eerily quiet because we are not talking to each other.

Sounds like Chucks was a mess and had a good home.
Smokey (1959-1959, car), Prissy (1966-1968, car), Tina (1955-1974, old age), Rags (1976-1980, stolen), Dax (1999-2015, my choice, due to renal failure), Shelby & Jag (2015)

You only think you are training them.  When they are gone, you finally get it.
Quote 0 0
Dalidog
So sorry to hear about your precious little Yorkie Chucks.  Such a cutie!!!  I know you feel devastated right now,  and I know how that loneliness even in a room full of people can be.  I was happy that you write to your Chucks.  This new "normal" will never be "better".  After over 5 months, I  still tell people that there is no "better", how could there be? My Lhasa Apso Dali left me suddenly over 5 months ago and I have had a very hard time coping.  This forum saved me, so you are in the right place.  It is comforting to hear about your little Chucks.  Post pictures when you can.  I find way to honor my Dali every day, if only releasing a balloon, saying a prayer, lighting a candle, or talking to her picture.  Do what you can to help you survive and know that your little Chucks is still around you.  That spirit and that unconditional love never dies, it just changes form.  Hugs to you and Chucks from me and my Dali

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
Dalidog
Chucksmom...   I'm glad you read the "just a dog".   Our furangels have a special connection that can never be broken and they are NEVER just a dog.  I lost many friends over the last few months when they would say....  get over it or just a dog.  They truly didn't understand.  This forum has literally saved my life!  I am a totally different person and realize that my Dali taught me a lot when she was here, but has opened up a whole new understanding of people, life, and death since she left.  I miss her so and will till the day we are reunited.  I hope you post lost of pics and stories about your Chucks.  Chucks is such a beautiful dog!  I know he is running and playing with my Dali at the bridge until we are with them again when the time is right.  Take care of yourself and never let anyone tell you that Chucks was "just a dog".  With great love comes great grief....   Hugs to you and Chucks from me and Dali

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
Melanie53
I am so very sorry you lost your precious Chucks. I lost my Gracie a minature dachshund on Feb 18 less than a month ago. I don't know what to say to you but I know it hurts so bad. For me,  It was such a shock at first. She was sick all of a sudden and died a day and a half later. She is irreplaceable. 
Quote 0 0
JubilantSleep
I'm so very sorry for your loss. I know that words can't truly describe how you feel after losing your dear Chucks. Some advice I got from family members is that when our pets pass on, they do not leave. They live on forever within us. Memories and the love that goes with those memories are things that are eternal. Dealing with the physical absence is the hardest part, of course. I'm still having trouble with that myself. It's not something that will go away. It's something that we will learn to accept, as impossible as that sounds at this point. 

My heart goes out to you and all who were effected by the loss of your gorgeous little one.
For my beautiful beardie Sydney, I will try to press on.
Quote 0 0