Abby_sMom
Three Thursday's ago we were getting ready for a family weekend away..packing and excited we would be heading for a great time. Then on Friday morning my little Abby gets sick and our weekend turned upside down...so scared, so unsure of what was wrong with our precious girl...vet's unable to pin point the cause..she got sicker and on the Monday she passes...we were in shocked,hurting and heartbroken. But we have her precious brother to care for...he was her litter mate..they have never been apart so through our grief we needed to put our energy in making sure he would know how much he is loved. So my anxiety issue...we had planned another trip and have decided we need to go as a family...so today all the memories of Abby's illness and passing are right back. I keep watching my boy, Angus, and want to make sure he is okay...I need to get through this anxiety and emotion. We need this time away from home...I need to work through my fears of what happened. Sorry for my rambling...my feelings are overwhelming and I needed to write it out. Thanks for this forum, the support, compassion and understanding.
Quote 0 0
miztina249
It is totally normal for you to have anxiety around repeating the same or similar even that lead up to the loss of Abby. I can't even eat the same foods that I ate around the days before we had to put Polo to sleep. We were eating light and simple because we were stressed and didn't really feel like cooking or eating so I made us sandwiches. The thought of a turkey sandwich gives me anxiety at the moment because of the association. Some things you have to face and move forward with, some things you can avoid for a bit until you feel stronger. Obviously I don't "need" to eat a sandwich, I can have something else. But you sound like you need to take this trip and time away from home, go and enjoy yourselves.
Quote 0 0
lettersatlarge

Abby's mom, I totally understand your anxiety. I think if I had another pet to care for I'd be feeling much the same. Its easier said than done, especially when its not you going through it (and I'm talking about myself, here), but unless your pup is similarly ill, you'll be okay. You need the time away and consider that you don't want to stress Angus out either. They pick up on your anxiety and you want him to be calm for your trip away. He will be there, happy to see you when you return, refreshed.

I'm sorry about your loss of Abby, for your family and for Angus.

Quote 0 0
Abby_sMom
Thank you so much lettersatlarge and miztina249 for your heartfelt comments.  I feel very blessed to have found this forum and a group of wonderful animal loving people.  We are all cut from the same cloth....we love our animal babies so much and can relate to each other's feelings and emotions.  Again thank you for your compassion and wonderful words.

Fondly,
Abby's mom, dad and brother Angus! 
Quote 0 0