FClaire
He was here two weeks ago doing things he always enjoyed doing. Everything was normal. Why now does it feel he was here so long ago. I'm scared of these feelings, I need to keep him close but it feels so distant if that makes sense. I'm missing him so so much😢😢😢💔💔
Quote 0 0
Mysweetsimba
I have wondered about this, I'm going through the fear of 'forgetting', I mean I will never forget Simba, but I might forget his smell, his sense, and that my pain is somehow allowing me to keep these?
Im no where near this, I lost him a few days ago and I am all over the place emotionally speaking, but I have had a flash of this thought. It's like you get split in two, one part runs away from the pain, pushes it away and creates distance, and another part nags at you, punishing you. I'm not sure if this is what you mean, if not I'm sorry if I am off the mark. I'm sorry you are scared and hurting.
Quote 0 0
RaenAngel
FClaire wrote:
He was here two weeks ago doing things he always enjoyed doing. Everything was normal. Why now does it feel he was here so long ago. I'm scared of these feelings, I need to keep him close but it feels so distant if that makes sense. I'm missing him so so much😢😢😢💔💔

I think this is part of the process. Today is week 3 of my first pup loss, and it seems like forever ago. I wonder if its part of healing. I know that like me, you will never forget your sweet baby. This whole journey is super scary, and I am sorry it is so rough.
Quote 0 0
FClaire
Mysweetsimba wrote:
I have wondered about this, I'm going through the fear of 'forgetting', I mean I will never forget Simba, but I might forget his smell, his sense, and that my pain is somehow allowing me to keep these?
Im no where near this, I lost him a few days ago and I am all over the place emotionally speaking, but I have had a flash of this thought. It's like you get split in two, one part runs away from the pain, pushes it away and creates distance, and another part nags at you, punishing you. I'm not sure if this is what you mean, if not I'm sorry if I am off the mark. I'm sorry you are scared and hurting.
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

It's the "Time Displacement." Comes with the grief evidently. Time is distorted in our minds. It is such an unsettling feeling. I don't like it either. My boy departed 12 weeks ago this Thursday and it seems like long ago and recent at the same time, as someone else here pointed out recently. I need to go research who brought that up.

James
Quote 0 0
FClaire
To be honest my feelings and thoughts at this moment are all over the place. It's scary because you have no control. Yes you want to try to run away from the pain, but then you do, you start punishing yourself. I think this is probably what I am doing to myself with all these thoughts in my head. Especially about forgetting ollie, in my heart I know its never going to happen. It was just a bad morning and the sudden thought of it feeling like ages ago he was here really painfully hurt me. Mysweetsimba thankyou and so sorry you are hurting too xxx
Quote 0 0
FClaire
RaenAngel wrote:

I think this is part of the process. Today is week 3 of my first pup loss, and it seems like forever ago. I wonder if its part of healing. I know that like me, you will never forget your sweet baby. This whole journey is super scary, and I am sorry it is so rough.
Quote 0 0
FClaire
RaenAngel you are so right it definitely is super scary. The having no control is what I don't like. All these thoughts and feelings. At the best of times I am an over thinker, so it's not helping xxx
Quote 0 0