animal_qwackers
Hello again, my virtual friends. It has been a while since I posted as I have been extremely busy packing up to move home. I will be in my new place by the end of this month.

I was always going to come back to the forum when settled to catch up with you all. Today, I have felt it necessary to return. Bonnie (Bon Bon), my sweet, gentle tabby has gone to Rainbow Bridge. Her appetite had diminished significantly and she had been acting strangely, mooching around, not being able to settle properly. Her breathing had become laboured. I was worried that the move would stress her out too much, would she be able to cope? The decision of how to get her comfortably to my new home was taken out of my hands last night.

All day yesterday, Bonnie's behaviour was more erratic than usual. She could hardly walk, staggering as if she were drunk. I gave her some little bits of chopped chicken and mashed up some tuna for her. She ate tiny amounts, drank a little water, and lay under the computer desk. I picked her up (light as a feather) and popped her back into her bed. The worry went on most of the day and I was going to call the vet. I ran a bath at approx 8.45pm and checked on her in her bed before I got into the bath. I had been in the bath for a couple of minutes when I noticed that she was lying under the radiator in the bathroom. She could have gone anywhere in the house, but chose to be near me. She knew she was on her way, I knew too.

I got out, dried myself down and, dressed in pyjamas and dressing gown, sat with her. I tried to sit her on my lap but she didn't want to be held, so I got another dressing gown and lay her down on that. Her breathing was heavy, her mouth opening and shutting like a fish as she gasped. The way she was positioned, I couldn't see her eyes, but her body was twitching though not convulsing. She then began making extremely loud howling noises, which lasted only a few seconds, lay in the strangest position and, within five minutes, she was gone.

I stroked her head and body as I stayed with her, telling her I loved her and always would. I had Bonnie less than two years, she was a senior cat I took on when she was 15. She had a long life, and I am so grateful for the short time I spent with her. She was, and is, a gentle, sweet, wonderful little bundle. When I rescued her, I had to put her bed and warm blankets (which I bought her as she had been sleeping in a cardboard box with a tattered old sheet) into my bedroom and that is where she slept and ate. She would also sleep on my bed and trot downstairs to use the litter box in the kitchen. She also liked a quick jaunt in the garden but never wandered far. She will be a miss as she was such a beautiful little girl.

I have now lost three of my adorable four-legged friends in less than ten months. I had grown to love the cute little Bon Bon so much. She will be such a miss; I already feel the lack of her presence. I will be taking her to the crematorium to have her cremated and will honour her memory with a beautiful casket to join the other six (one dog and five cats) that I already have. 

Bonnie, wonderful little Bon Bon. You were, are, and always will be adored, loved, and never forgotten. Enjoy your time at the Bridge, my darling little girl. I love you so! xx

IMG_1177.JPG 

Beautiful Bon Bon, passed away 14th April 2015, aged approx 17

IMG_1175.JPG 
IMG_1178.JPG

“Death ends a life, not a relationship.” – Jack Lemmon

Solly, Gonzo, Daisy-Mae, Ebony, Jerry, Tigger, Bonnie, Suzy, Cleo, Spike, Sooty, and Tibby – dazzling lights that will never fade. Adored, cherished, I was privileged to know you all. Until we meet again, my beautiful babies. Bowls of love and cuddles, your ever-loving, devoted Mummy xxxxxxxxxx

Quote 0 0
Bellamum
Wendy,
I am so, so sorry that you are in this position again so soon.  Bonnie is so beautiful...such a sweet little face.  It doesn't matter how many furry companions we say goodbye to, it does not get easier to cope with.  Each one has a special place in your heart and a special place in your life.
Bless you for bringing her into your life when she was 15...those nearly 2 years made a difference to her.  The love and comfort you gave her will stay with her forever, as will the love and joy she gave you.
Know that you, Bonnie, Solly, Daisy and Gonzo are in my thoughts and prayers. 
Karen
(Bella, Charli and Buddy's very lucky mum)

My gorgeous girl, Bella  26/07/2004 - 03/04/2014
"You were once by our side, but you will be forever in our hearts. Until we meet again baby girl."
Quote 0 0
animal_qwackers
Thank you for your kind words and sentiments, Karen. They are much appreciated.

I would like to think that the time she was with me made a difference to her. She didn't ask for much; a comfortable bed, a roof over her head, good food and treats, and love and affection. She got all that and I was happy to give. She was such a loving little darling. I feel absolutely gutted at her loss, eyes sore and puffy with crying, heavy heart. She will be such a miss despite the fact she spent 95% of her time tucked up in her bed in my bedroom. However, she was a happy cat, I know that.

Thanks once again for replying to my post. Hugs to you from me and mine.

Wendy

Solly, Gonzo, Daisy-Mae, Ebony, Jerry, Tigger, Bonnie, Suzy, Cleo, Spike, Sooty, and Tibby – dazzling lights that will never fade. Adored, cherished, I was privileged to know you all. Until we meet again, my beautiful babies. Bowls of love and cuddles, your ever-loving, devoted Mummy xxxxxxxxxx

Quote 0 0
shantismom
Looking at your sweet Bonnies face, what a dear girl.  You let her finals years be filled with love and care.  You blessed her life, now she is free from all her cares.
It is so difficult to say goodbye whether it is 10 years or 2.
I've been missing my boy, our grief comes and goes.  I am sorry you have to take this road again so soon.
I'll keep you in my prayers.
Marlene Wagner
Quote 0 0
ahartofilis
Hello there my friend Wendy, I am sorry about dear Bonnie. You most certainly gave her a life of contentment in her golden years. She is adorable Wendy. I know how these losses effect you, and I understand how painful it must be to loose yet another special companion.
 I think you did a very brave thing by bringing her into your life when you did. We miss them so much when they leave us, yet the joy and companionship when they are here seems to make the loss worth it.
 I did reply to your e-mail and apologize for the timing Wendy. You know how I am with these darn computers. All of the latest in my life is pretty much in that e-mail and the posts for Coco.
  Just know that my thoughts are with you now and I am truly sorry for the loss of dear Bonnie............hugs from me, Coco, and Rudy, to you, Bonnie, Gonzo, Solly, and Daisy.......................Sincerely, Andrea
Quote 0 0
BSmith1199
What a pretty face.  Sorry for your loss.  Bless your heart for taking in such a mature cat.  I hope your sorrow does not last long and you quickly find the path to the point where you can smile about your lovely Bonnie soon.
Smokey (1959-1959, car), Prissy (1966-1968, car), Tina (1955-1974, old age), Rags (1976-1980, stolen), Dax (1999-2015, my choice, due to renal failure), Shelby & Jag (2015)

You only think you are training them.  When they are gone, you finally get it.
Quote 0 0
Beesmom123
Dear Wendy
I am so so sorry to hear you have lost dear Bonnie!
I have been thinking about you both a lot the last few days and wondering how you were doing
Both with Bonnie's health and all the challenges with a house move

You gave Bonnie a loving home and family in her golden years, you were there for her until the end
What a great gift

I know your heart is broken anew, the incredibly tragic lost of 3 beloveds in less than a year is more than one should have to bear
Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers

Keep in touch when you are able
Many wishes for peace and healing,
Diana
Bee- "Good night sweet prince & flights of angels see thee to thy rest"
Quote 0 0
animal_qwackers
Many thanks to each of you for your kind replies to my post about my lovely little Bon Bon. I am so grateful, she is too.

I don't have a great deal of free time at the moment, stresses with moving home is bad enough, the loss of another beautiful friend makes matters so much worse. Bonnie spent a lot of time in her bed in my bedroom and rarely came downstairs and yet, the house seems so silent without her. It's bizarre!

She has been cremated and I have yet to tell the crematorium what I wish to be written on the brass plaque on her casket. I can't get my head round that at the moment. The pain is raw and has knocked me backwards again. I'm still grieving the loss of Gonzo and Solly. It will be nine months tomorrow for Gonzo, and seven months for Solly on the 22nd April. Time marches on, yet seems to stand still.

Once again, thank you for your heartfelt empathy. Hugs to you all and those furry friends you love.

Wendy

Quote 0 0
JaspersMom
Hello Wendy,
I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of your Bonnie, she is so precious, and has such a sweet little face, oh how much you must miss her. I was hoping you were alright, and I remember you had written about an upcoming move, but I never expected to hear about another loss so very soon, how my heart goes out to you my friend. You have been through so much, and I wish I had the words to ease your sadness. You gave your Bonnie such a wonderful life, and bless you for adopting an older kitty who I am sure was passed by so often by so many before you found her, and gave her a life filled with such special love and care. I am sure that Gonzo, Solly, and Daisy were waiting for your sweet girl at the bridge to show her around and guide her to the most beautiful rainbows. Again I am so sorry Wendy, it just never seems to end, does it, you are in my thoughts for peace, comfort, and healing in the days ahead. Hugs to you and your beautiful Bonnie, from me and my Jasper.
Pamela Lynne Crawford
Quote 0 0
animal_qwackers
I wish to thank each of you for your sentiments and heartwarming feedback about my beloved little Bon Bon. I am grateful, as always, for the kindness and support you have given.

Hugs to all of you and your wonderful treasures.

Wendy

Quote 0 0
jaschutz
Wendy,

I am so sorry to hear about Bonnie's passing. She truly looked like such a special girl. I cannot imagine how hard this must be for you, losing so many beloved pets in such a short amount of time. I am thinking of and praying for you. I'm sure it may not feel like it now, but it is truly special that you were able to be with Bonnie when she crossed to the rainbow bridge. What a gift you gave to her. I know she is looking down on you, missing you and thankful for the time you two shared together.
Jamie

You can visit London's memorial at:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/LONDO001/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0
loft2111
Hi Wendy,
It was so great hearing from you on LM's thread.  I am glad that you had sometime to post on the forums.  I hope the move is going okay, it's stressful to move.  I am so sorry to hear about Bonnie, losses are not easy but for you to have to deal with 3 fur baby losses is unimaginable to me.  I'm so glad you took Bonnie in as a senior, we did the same with LM, although I wish I had more time with him I would never trade in the 5 wonderful years he gave me.  Thinking of you and all your beautiful fur babies.
hugs
Ann
Quote 0 0
Katel
animal_qwackers wrote:
I wish to thank each of you for your sentiments and heartwarming feedback about my beloved little Bon Bon. I am grateful, as always, for the kindness and support you have given.

Hugs to all of you and your wonderful treasures.

Wendy

Oh how sad I am to hear that so soon after losing your beloved Solly and Gonzo you have now lost dear little
Bon Bon.  Life is so unfair.  She had the dearest little face, I can imagine how much you adored her, and she you too.
You know only too well the path and rawness of grief.  I can only hope that some words bring a
little comfort to you so that you know you are by no means alone and we are all feeling for you.
I will be thinking and praying for you,

Sending you warm hugs
Kate 
Quote 0 0
animal_qwackers
Jamie, Ann, and Kate,

Many thanks for your heartfelt sentiments over the loss of my treasured little girl, Bon Bon.

The loss of another wonderful companion is truly heartbreaking. In nine months, I have lost so much love and joy given to me by such adorable, wondrous friends. You all know the pain of grief and I am grateful for the support and kindness shown to me during your own time of sorrow.

My thoughts and hugs go to each of you and those precious gifts you have said farewell to.

Wendy

Quote 0 0