husky_papa

2016-03-07 15.46.48 1200762014652482476_1449942351.jpg 

Fanta was a siberian husky. We adopted her when she was 4 years old. Her first 4 years hadn’t been very happy, since she spent most of them locked in a big cage. Her owners were this family who was, it seemed, “collecting” animals, since they had 12 dogs and some horses in their garden, all the dogs locked in cages or chained to a pole.

Fanta was a siberian husky, and she’s lived 18 months with my other husky Tyrion (a male), whom she loved, my wife and myself. I loved her so much. She had a sweetness like I had never seen in any animal or person. With humans, I always feel like sometimes relationships are challenging; some people can be disappointing at times or not reliable. So I feel like there is a certain ambivalence of feelings that is normal with every other person. Don’t you think? But I only felt love for Fanta. I only feel love for her. And with us, she was just sweetness and love.

Fanta was my siberian husky and I went bikejoring with her and Tyrion, she loved it so much. Sometimes, she would sing the way huskies sing, but with a very deep voice, deeper than Tyrion’s. She would spend hours being petted, always asking for more, “melting” and nose drooling. We went everywhere with her, to see friends, to restaurants, to vacations abroad. She was always with us, except at work. Every day, she brought more joy to our family. 

On May 9, 2016, I took you and Tyrion to a park. It was around 10 pm. As soon as you entered the park, you galopped like the crazy, lively little girl you were. And then you fell. And then it’s as if you were convulsing for a few seconds. I ran towards you. And I talked to you: “What’s happening, girl?”, “What’s happening?” And then you howled. You screamed. And for a few seconds, your scream filled the night. You screamed and it felt like your scream was piercing my heart and shattering my world. And then you went silent. You stopped moving. And life left you. Just like that. You seemed in perfect health 30 seconds ago and now you were gone. You were alive 30 seconds ago and now I was left alone with an excruciating, unbearable pain.

Fanta was my siberian husky. She died 3 years, 4 months ago and 18 days ago and it still hurts like hell. My vet said it was probably ruptured aneurysm or a heart attack. He said it is really rare for a 6 year old dog. He said we’ve been extremely unlucky. 

Tyrion felt so alone and confused after that we adopted another female siberian husky, Leia. Leia is an incredible girl who’s extremely playful and loving. She’s a great companion to Tyrion and to us, and we love her so much… but she doesn’t replace Fanta. 

Fanta, you were my best friend, my child, a member of my family and much more than that. You were something I can’t really describe with words. I miss you so much! I miss you every day. I miss you like I’ve never missed anyone else before. You were taken from us so early that it seems like you’ve been a shooting star in our lives. A shooting star of happiness.

Does the pain ever stop?

Luc
Quote 0 0
BorderCollieLover
husky_papa:

Sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved Siberian Husky (Fanta). Although she was only 6, she was very fortunate to have had such a loving family like yours. Yes, people can be undependable, indifferent and selfish. Dogs never are. The love they give us is so genuine.  It's never scripted or fake - it's very real. I hope that you post often in this Forum as there are  alot of caring, pet-oriented people who want to know how you're doing. I hope that you find peace. You are not alone.

Jim
Jim Miller
Quote 0 0
husky_papa
Thank you so much Jim for your kind message. Even if some people (friends, family..) have been kind these past 3 years, no one (except my wife) had said such kind, understanding words! It's exactly what I feel - that dogs' love is different from humans' love, more real. But it's a really great experience to get to know this forum and feel less alone.
Luc
Quote 0 0