Forum

Author   Comment  
Linda1949

Reply with quote  #1 
We got kitty,CeCe, when she was about 5 weeks old.  That was almost 9 years ago.  She was my S/O's baby...she liked me...but she attached herself more to him.  Last summer we adopted a Sheltie mix from the animal shelter.  CeCe did NOT like him.  He only wanted to play with her...and she wanted to scratch his eyes out!  Things were fine when it was warm...CeCe loved to be outdoors...and only came inside long enough to eat and be petted a little. Buddy liked being inside unless we were out with him.  Then winter started coming on and it got too cold for either of them to be outside.  We put CeCe's food in the basement and litter box in the basement & kept Buddy upstairs.  On days that it was warm enough...we would leave the basement door open so CeCe could enjoy the outside.  When it got too cold for even that...my S/O would go feed CeCe and clean her litter box (I have trouble getting up and down stairs).  One Sunday he came upstairs and said CeCe's eye looked bad.  (A couple of times before it had looked funny...like it may be infected...and I had put antibiotics on her lid and it seemed to get OK)  So, I didn't think too much about it...and told him to put some antibiotic cream around her eye.  The next morning, I asked how her eye was doing...and he said, "What eye?" and continued to explain that you couldn't see her eye.  At this point...I made it down the stairs.  Her eye had been bleeding and was covered with a huge scab.  We took her to the vet who cleaned the scab and told us that he thought it was a cancerous tumor growing in the corner of her eye.  He said cancerous tumors were very common in solid white animals, especially if they spent a lot of time outdoors or on a window sill, and that a little place on her ear may be cancer too. We asked what could be done...and he said there was nothing that could be done and that if it was a cancer...it would just continually get worse and would move into her sinuses and eventually her brain.  We told him about the antibiotic cream and he put her on oral antibiotics and antibiotic eye drops.  We moved her upstairs to a spare bedroom where we could keep the door closed to keep Buddy from aggravating her.  Her eye seemed to improve...but I thought it was just my wishful thinking and we took her back to the vet.  He agreed, said to finish the oral antibiotics and gave us another bottle of eye drops.  From that time on...things just deteriorated.  You can barely see her eyeball...only when I pull her upper lid up to put the drops in.  We took her back to the, thinking it may be time.  He said we could do it that day, but that as long as she was eating and drinking...she was not in pain and to continue the eye drops to prevent infection from setting in on top of the cancer.  Yesterday...she got out of an open window...to her beloved outside.  I found her...and at first she ran from me...then hunkered down by one of the wheels on the car and let me pick her up and bring her inside.  Since then she has been hiding behind a chair.  I've gotten her out and put her drops in.  She didn't eat hardly anything yesterday...but sometime in the night ate about half what she used to eat in a day...but doesn't appear to have drank any of her water.  I think the time is very near...and my heart is breaking!!!  I keep telling myself that even if we hadn't gotten Buddy...this still would have happened...but I can't seem to convince myself of that...and feel guilty for bringing Buddy into our home.  I was the one that wanted a dog that I could take for walks...and I love him too!

Attached Images
jpeg Pretty_Girl_1-7-12.jpg (21.32 KB, 4 views)

Linda1949

Reply with quote  #2 
I told myself that I was going to take CeCe tomorrow...but she's eating and drinking better and seems to feel much better than she did for a few days there...and I'm having a hard time bringing myself to do it!  Maybe getting outside Sunday and getting some fresh air made her feel better.  If I knew for sure that she would come when I call her so that she could eat...and I could give her her eye drops...I think I'd let her outside...she loves being outdoors so much!  I just don't know what to do.

Reply with quote  #3 
Well...CeCe is now at the Rainbow Bridge waiting for me.  She's in her beloved out doors...running through the grass and playing with all the other animals there.

I made the decision last night when she showed signs of having trouble breathing.  My heart is broken!  But I know God let me have her because He knew I would always do what was right for her...even if it means pain for me.  And He will heal my broken heart.

Reply with quote  #4 
Since 24 people have seen this post...and no one has responded...I'm not getting much help here...and those I've tried to help have not responded either...so I think it is time to Unsubscribe.  My heart goes out to all of you...but I don't think this forum is for me.
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.