Oneclassytcher8
I lost my sweet Coco girl - Chow/Retriever to nasal cancer 7 months ago. I miss her so much and still have good days and bad. Today has been extremely difficult for me because my neighbors have moved away today and have taken their sweet dog Delilah to their new home. Coco and Delilah were very close and Coco would look for her each time she'd go outside. Although since Coco's passing I haven't seen Delilah that much, it comforted me knowing she was next door. Almost like a piece of Coco and fond memories were still there. Now I just hate the thought of going in my backyard and not seeing either one there. Has anyone else had an event bring back and stir up grief like this? I keep thinking of the two of them together and cry. I know this too will pass but I guess I never expected this. Any suggestions?
Quote 0 0
ahartofilis
Hello, I am sorry for the loss of your girl Coco. I wanted to reply to you in part because my girls name was Coco, she left me almost 4 month's ago, bone cancer, and her playing partner and best friend in the neighborhood, a couple of houses down, is named Delilah. It really seems like more then just a coincidence to me!
  I understand how you feel about how events, and ones that were close to your beloved Coco can stir up the grief that is still there. The open wounds from loss heal over with time yet the injury, the grief, is always in there. My girl Coco was also very close to her friend Delilah. After her loss I would see Delilah walking down the road with her owner and want to cry a bucket of tears. A few weeks ago I went to visit with Delilah and had a good cry when I told her why Coco isn't with me anymore. She would always look for Coco when she saw me. It made me so sad because I so enjoyed watching the two of them together play, and enjoy life the way our companions should. It would be very upsetting to me if Delilah were not around. She is a touchstone to the life I had with my girl.
  Last week I adopted a shelter dog, Labrador, named Rudy, and I wanted him to meet Delilah. I took him today and they met. I could tell that it wasn't love at first sight as Rudy has a lot of pup in him, he is 10 months old, and Delilah is getting up in age with some health issues. Yet they settled and ran about for a short while. I just wanted Delilah and Rudy to meet for the memory of my girl Coco. So here I am, responding to about your Coco. I think its completely normal to feel the way you do. You may not be able to change the fact that Delilah is moving. Yet you will find other ways to honor and treasure the memory of your dear one...................please take care................Sincerely, Andrea
Quote 0 0
Oneclassytcher8
Andrea thank you for responding and wow it seems like more than a coincidence. Funny you mentioned Rudy because I too adopted a rescue dog that I named Cannoli. He's a sweet adorable Shihtzu rescued from a puppy mill. I love him to pieces but there will always be a hole in my heart for Coco. I also brought him down to meet Delilah and had the same situation. My Cannoli is very active at age 1 1/2 and Delilah is 17. They did get along but of course did not have the bond that Coco had with Delilah. I guess I'm still healing after 7 months and them leaving felt like I was losing another part of her. Your idea of memorial using her is a great one. I do a lot of gardening and plan to put a memorial in the back where they used to play. Who knows maybe my new neighbor will bring another special fur baby for Cannoli. Thanks for lifting my spirits and best wishes to you and Rudy as well.
Quote 0 0
ahartofilis
Hello there,  you lifted my spirits as well tonight!  what you said also helped me to realize that my girl Coco did have a very special bond and relationship with her friend Delilah. I can appreciate that after you relayed your experience with your young rescue, and meeting with Delilah. Thanks for sharing that.  I know, as you, that Coco was a very special one indeed. I don't think we ever completely heal from such a loss. I am happy if I gave you any good idea's to do something special in your girls memory. And I applaud you for taking a rescue. It sounds like he is giving you some joy and happiness again......Andrea
Quote 0 0
ahartofilis
COCO_7.jpg  This is my girl Coco......

August,15,2005-December,7,2014
Quote 0 0