Lamont Show full post »
catiebee
Lamont, it does take a very long time to absorb and accept such a huge loss. I'm right there with you and feel like my mind and heart are still resistant. It is a life-altering loss. I'm so sorry for your pain.
Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0
Lamont
Catie, thanks so much. I have made just a tiny bit of progress, but as you know, this is not easy.
Still so much silence, and those special times of day are the hardest of all.
L
Bertie's Daddy
Quote 0 0
catiebee
Yeah. Hearing you, Lamont. The quiet is really tough.

I'm still struggling to with not seeing her where I expect to. 

So many adjustments. I wish those came more quickly and easily for all of us. 
Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0
ForMitookie_03
Hey Lamont,

Just checking in to see how you are doing.  I don't get onto the forum as much as I'd like, but I have buried myself in responsibility in order to cope.  It's working.  Hoping you are feeling better!

Marina
Marina ~ Mitookie's Mom
Quote 0 0
Lamont
Thanks for asking...
Things are a little better. Some days the big sadness comes back to me. But the really dreadful, choking on tears stuff has mostly passed.

Starting to realize though, there will never be another Bertie. What a great little cat she was. Impossible to imagine another one quite so special.

😉

L
Bertie's Daddy
Quote 0 0
Lamont
Bertie_Blue_Blanket.jpg 
I always liked this photo of Bertie, showing off her Manxness, the broad chest, biggish hind legs, and almost not tail. Manx kitties are said to be a bit like dogs, and she did love to play fetch, follow me around, and was always intrigued by what we were doing. She was very quick to take ownership of her people, and made herself at home, in a respectful way. Such a smart cat, and always tuned in to the moment. What a precious gift she was.
Bertie's Daddy
Quote 0 0
Purzel
Hi Lamont,
I am glad to read that things got a little easier and I wanted to look at the pic you posted. Unfortunately I cannot look at it - when I click on it, I see just a white square.

This is the first spring without Max - I miss him.

My good thoughts are with you
Silvia (with Max forever in my heart)

[hundi]

Quote 0 0
catiebee
She sounds very engaging, like she had her own mind for sure, and just delightsome, Lamont. Like Silvia, I couldn't view your latest photo.

It's good to hear that the worst of the grief storm has passed. I hope the days continue to flow more gently for you!

Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0