JasminesMommyForever Show full post »
JasminesMommyForever
Thank you, everyone. :) I appreciate all of your very kind words! It will be two weeks tomorrow, and I still feel like I'm missing a limb. :( I don't cry every day, but a sympathy card came in the mail out of the blue, and set me off today. I just miss her, that's all. Unfortunately, I also got the bad news that my remaining cat, Ariel, is also hyperthyroid (but she doesn't show any classic symptoms yet). *sigh* Jasmine's ashes are in a pretty little box, and a copy of the Rainbow Bridge poem was included from the crematory, so I put that up as well. Then I put her brush next to the box. It's not a shrine or anything - just a little reminder of my sweet kitty. Here is a photo of Jasmine, now that I figured out how to post one. :)

[TightSqueeze]
Quote 0 0
Marie123
Jasmine is just beautiful! And I see that she shares my girl Raven's love of boxes. I hope there's lots of boxes for them at the Bridge! I kept Raven's bowl and favorite toys by her urn, like a little memento. I just can't use them for the other cats. I'm sorry Ariel was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism. Hopefully she'll continue to do well. These illnesses just need to be eradicated end of story. I know what you mean. Stuff sets me off too. It's par for the course I suppose. I get tired of my friends telling me to snap out of it, too. As if I LIKE feeling like this! Like you said, I miss my girl plain and simple. Oh well. I'll snap out of it when I'm darn good and ready. Give Ariel a big hug!
Take care, all 🐱🐌🐊
Quote 1 0
LovingPatches
Jasmine looks like such a sweet sweet girl.  Adorable.

Diane
Quote 0 0
1furbabymom
Such a beautiful baby. I'm so sorry for your loss.
Quote 0 0
LovingPatches
Hi Marie,
I only just saw your reply this evening (9/3/17).  The notification of your note went into my spam folder.  I don't know why.  I checked it off so that it won't go into there again.  I've been getting my notifications so don't understand why this one went into spam.  Thank you so much for the info on the plushes.  I was wondering about them.  I kind of still want to get one but may wait a bit as I am afraid it might set me off.  I will be ordering a photo pillow though and possibly a photo mug.  A pillow for sure, I just have to determine what picture I want.  Unfortunately, I have several thousand, at least, of him so want to choose carefully.  I usually keep them organized as to what they are, but it is still a tedious task, and I'm not sure how many I can bear to look at all at once.  I do have video of Patches pestering me with my guitar which I will treasure forever.  So nice to hear from you, and again, thank you for your opinion on the plush.

Diane
Quote 0 0
LovingPatches
Marie,
I had forgotten you mentioned wanting to hear my "song".  I have been working on getting through it and sing it a lot to try to get myself used to it to where it won't bother me as much, become conditioned to it.  It is called Love Song For Patches.  If I use a strum it is easier, if I finger pick, it is harder for some reason emotionally.  I am not sure how I can get a "file" to you, unless it can be done by email and even then I don't know if I can get it small enough for my mail server (Yahoo).  I don't know how to upload videos to make them smaller, although I just joined Flickr so maybe they can do it, then I could grant you permission to see it, I think that is how that works.  Still pretty new to it.  I'll let you know if I figure it out.  Thanks for all your help.

Diane
Quote 0 0
Marie123
Hi, Diane! How weird about the notes going into spam. Who knows? Technology is weird.
The song is such a sweet idea. I can only imagine how hard it is to get through it. If it's easier to just write down some of the words here, that's fine too. I wish I had more talent in that direction but I'm more a story writer. I like the idea of a photo mug, and I'll probably get the pillow made too. But like you said, going through the pictures is still so hard. 5 months almost and I'm still a mess! I think my friends are sick of it, but I don't know what I'm supposed to do. They loved Raven but they didn't know her like I did. I know I've been acting different but that's because part of my heart and soul is missing!
I hope you're doing ok this weekend under the circumstances. It's been a hard few days here for some reason. I'm already dreading the holidays and I'll probably "sit this round out." It's just too much to even think about right now. You'll have to post some pics of the pillow once it's done so I can get an idea of what they're like!
Take care now and good to hear from you!
Marie and the crew 🐱
Quote 0 0
LovingPatches
Hi Marie,
I so understand where you are when it comes to others' reaction on your continued grief.  I have experienced the same thing, so I don't really talk to anyone locally about it anymore.  And I really understand about Christmas.  I have thought about skipping it too.  We put lighted silhouettes in our windows, including the one Patches would look through and he would harass it and try to pull it down because, after all, it was HIS window.  We also put stuffed animals under the Christmas tree and Patches would always go under and curl up among them.  I will miss all that greatly.

I may post my lyrics but won't do it here.  I feel bad, kind of  like I've hijacked someone else's thread unintentionally (I am sorry Jasmin's Mommy Forever).  Marie, you may want to check the thread I started in late July called I Can't Get Through This Devastating Loss for my lyrics.  Again, I really understand where you are coming from and so much appreciate all your feelings and advice to us all.  Just remember everyone to grieve at your own pace.  You will feel better in your own time.  Love and hugs to all.

Diane
Quote 0 0
Marie123
Thanks Diane! It's just been so hard. I'll check out your other thread soon.
I don't talk about it much anymore either, but my demeanor has changed so much, folks can tell. I feel bad not being there more for them, but it's like I'm on this tiny island where it's just myself and my grief. Really weird but I'm not sure what to do about it.
Always great to hear from everyone! Hope you're all getting by.
Hugs to all! 🐱

Quote 0 0
LovingPatches
Marie,
I totally understand the being on your own island comment.  I feel the same way and guard my feelings around others.  On top of that right now are feelings of deep grief as I watch our precious and beautiful Columbia Gorge forests and hiking trails burn due to teenage carelessness with fireworks in our tinder dry forests.  I spent my life growing up around this beautiful area (Oregon) and even once took my kitty before Patches there to walk on a leash. She loved exploring there.   It is burning out of control and has claimed 31,000 acres as of now.  Memories of my other kitty are strong there.

I just noticed there is a section here on Poems and Stories.  I may put my song there.  I'll let you know.  Please know that you have lots of support from the rest of us.  It is very comforting to know there are others who feel the same.  Please take care of yourself, you will go through this - we all will.  Hugs.

Diane

Quote 0 0
LovingPatches
Marie,
If you are still interested, I did post the song lyrics on "I Can't Get Through This Devastating Loss".  

Diane

Quote 0 0
Marie123
Cool! I'll check that out soon! I'm thinking about writing another story I've got rattling around in my head and posting it, too. It's sort of a variation on the "vanishing hitchhiker" urban legend but with a twist.
Oregon is such a beautiful state. I've always wanted to see it. How heartbreaking is it that human carelessness is ruining our natural treasures! My heart is with all the folks who live there. And the wildlife as well. It makes me sad thinking about those poor animals displaced by someone's stupid fireworks! I've asked Raven to guide them all to safety. She hasn't let me down yet.
Thanks for letting me know about your song. I'll definitely have to check it out!
Hugs from Marie and the crew 🐱🐊🐌
Quote 0 0
LovingPatches
Marie,
I love the idea of asking Raven to guide the animals to safety.  What a wonderful comforting gesture.  I haven't heard of the "vanishing hitchhiker" but will look forward to reading your story when you have finished it.  I'm sure it will be wonderful.  

Diane
Quote 0 0
Marie123
Raven always looked after all of us. Even though she could be a moody little crank (like me) she was such a kind and loving soul deep down. I know she still is.
The vanishing hitchhiker is an old urban legend I've always liked (I'm keen on weird stuff.) I've decided to add my own take on it but this version doesn't involve a hitchhiker at all! It's going to be sort of a Halloween story. I'm working out the bugs now but should be posting it in the next couple weeks.
Take care now! 🐱
Quote 0 0
Eileennellie
I live in Oregon, too! Central Oregon, to be exact. The fires here are making life difficult. I can't let any of my pets outside, and I can pretty much just get the mail, anymore time outside gives me a headache. And the sun is mostly blocked, so it's dark and dreary all day. It's upsetting thinking about all the animals all over the country being displaced and scared because of these disasters. Some animals have been brought up from shelters in Texas to Oregon. As bad as it is here, it's so much worse for them down there. I hope all this tragedy is over very quickly.
Quote 0 0