loft2111
I know many of us have suffered with the guilt of making the decision to let our fur babies go, I being one of those people.  I  Wanted to share this poem I came across, hope we can all find healing and peace.  I love you Little Man, you will always be the light in my life.

You Did Me a Kindness

When my legs grew too weak to carry me,
And my tired eyes could no longer see,
When it pained me to struggle for each new breath,
When my heart beat weaker, and I drew closer to death,
You did me the kindness of letting me go.
You didn't make me hang on when I was suffering so.
I promise I don't think that you loved me any less,
And I love you all the more for your selflessness.
You freed my spirit from its body so wracked with pain,
And let me run the fields of Heaven, where I'm sure we'll meet again.

Quote 0 0
MurphysMom_0831
Beautiful, Ann. Having to make that decision is heart wrenching and the feelings of guilt are overwhelming. Thank you for sharing.
"Sometimes there is a dog who is so special, he is able to wrap himself so completely around your heart it is impossible to tell where you begin and he ends."  For My Beloved Murphy, 08/31/2004 - 06/18/2014

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/MURPH121/Resident.htm

http://s327.photobucket.com/user/kathrynbrown1626/library/?sort=6&page=1
Quote 0 0
loft2111
Thanks...heart wrenching is definitely the right word, it will never feel right but deep down I know it was the right thing to do. 
Quote 0 0
Jonesy
Thank you so much
Quote 0 0
Marie
Thank you for sharing.
Quote 0 0
ahartofilis
Ann, thanks for sharing.  I share the same feeling as you that it never feels right to have to let them go this way. I understand the heartwrenching feeling so well!!
Above all you loved Little Man so very much! You always did the best for him, and he will always know that! His pawprints are on your heart. One day, he will find them exactly where he left them!...............take care...................Sincerely, Andrea Coco's momma
Quote 0 0
animal_qwackers
Ann, many thanks for sharing this. Despite knowing that we made the most courageous decision, the decision that was right to take our babies away from unnecessary suffering, it is gut wrenching and heartbreaking. Doing what we do is the final act of love. We can do no more as we would not want them to suffer so. Today marks five months since I said farewell to my beautiful Solly dog. The pain still sits with me. It's relentless!

Little Man will always be loved by you. He was lucky that you found him when you did; you were lucky to share some of his life with him. He is an adorable little fella. Such a sweet face.

Take care, my dear. Hugs to you and your adorable LM, from me and mine. 

Wendy

“Death ends a life, not a relationship.” – Jack Lemmon

Solly, Gonzo, Daisy-Mae, Ebony, Jerry, Tigger, Bonnie, Suzy, Cleo, Spike, Sooty, and Tibby – dazzling lights that will never fade. Adored, cherished, I was privileged to know you all. Until we meet again, my beautiful babies. Bowls of love and cuddles, your ever-loving, devoted Mummy xxxxxxxxxx

Quote 0 0
loft2111
Hi everyone,
Thanks for reading and commenting.  I'm glad the poem helped.  I know that I still and will always struggle with the decision to let my Little Man go.  Andrea, during my darkest hours my husband reminds me of the times I stayed up 50+ hours to take care of LM and clean him, feed him with a baby feeder and comfort him after every seizure.  I hope that I did the best I could, but as human nature has it, we always tend to think there was more that could have been done. 
Wendy, thanks.  LM was adorable, my little life bear, he didn't bark or make any sounds but spoke the world through his eyes, he was amazing.
Quote 0 0