Ravenbeauty
This past monday we put my sweet boy of 14 years down. Freckles had back problems over the years and finally on Monday his body said ive had enough. It was the hardest thing ive ever done and i held him close through it all until the very end...until he took his last breath. We have his son who is lost and is greaving just like we are. My head knows we did the right thing...but my heart not so much. I look at places in my home where he used to lay or sleep and I still see him sleeping there. My husband is trying to talk to me about sweet memories that we have of him but im just not able too...I tell him I just cant yet. I know its only been a few days I just hope this will get easier...there is just such a hole in my home right now and in my heart....something is missing...any help out there id appreciate it
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Dear Ravenbeauty,

I am very sorry for your and your family's recent loss of your beloved "Freckles" and what he had to cope with. But I am so glad that your paths crossed with his. It is so easy to see the deep love and affection you held for him in all of your words. I am grateful that "Freckles" knew what it was like to know such love and adoration and that for so many years he was part of a real "family." And that he had a warm, safe, comforting home. And that he was truly appreciated. And that his son got to be with him. Which is quite rare as you must know.

The level of grief we feel when our pets depart is the level of love they felt from us when they were with us. So how must they have felt all the days that they shared with us?

All we can do is travel through time. Hold on. Take things minute by minute, moment by moment, hour by hour, day by day, night by night, week by week, month by month and eventually year by year. Your mind and body have a built-in healing mechanism which is healing you right now, even though it may not feel like it. Every breath you take, each heartbeat you are getting closer to healing. I am 1 year and just over 1 month in since the loss of my own boy, and I am a living testament to the fact that we DO heal. And things do get better. It was such a relief to finally be able to smile and laugh again whenever I think of my lad. You will get there. 

You are never alone. We are with you in comradeship as your Freckles is still with you in spirit...ALWAYS.

Kind regards & my sincerest condolences,
James
Quote 0 0